Ideas for Names for the new Poly

Sandisw

DVC Forums
It appears that the new tower will have studios that are different than the current long houses.

I think this means DVC is going to have to create different names for each location, They didn’t need to do it at VGF, because all the rooms at BPK are resort studios and that was enough to distinguish which building you were booking.

So, what are people guess on how it will be renamed?

My guess…Seven Seas Villas and Bungalows (current rooms) and Luau Cover Tower…

I'm not convinced they create new names for each location when they might just copy VGF and differentiate at the Studio level.

Idea 1, my favorite:
  • "Resort Studios" (exclusively in the tower)
  • "Deluxe Studios" (exclusively in the longhouses)
Idea 2:
  • "Deluxe Studios" (exclusively in the tower)
  • "Longhouse Studios" (exclusively in the longhouses)
Idea 3:
  • "Tower Studios" (exclusively in the tower)
    • Might require a rename of Riviera's "Tower Studios" to align with VDH's "Duo Studios"
  • "Deluxe Studios" or "Longhouse Studios" (exclusively in the longhouses)
Idea 4 (riffing off @CastAStone's post):
  • "Aloha Studios" (exclusively in the tower)
  • "Deluxe Studios" (exclusively in the longhouses)

I'm going with simple ... Polynesian Village - Polynesian Resort and Polynesian Tower (Resort Studios, Water Bungalows, Tower Studios) But I could see it being called Aloha Tower at the Polynesian.

On the humorous side, how about Hoala Tower. I would book there just for the coffee mug. (worth Googling - Hawaiian)

Last edited:
They should rename the whole resort as the Disney's Oceania Resort, and name the sections for the three island regions:
  • Melanesian Tower
  • Micronesian Bungalows
  • Polynesian Long Houses
Then they should also name individual building, bungalows, and floors for different islands similar to what they did for the long houses.

Stitch's Great Escape Tower

I wonder if they'll have any rooms or common areas themed to Lilo and Stitch or Moana or go completely IP-less

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter