If buying resale DON'T use Lee Reid Realty!!

thelionqueen

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone, after a whirlwind of looking (and buying) DVC resale points, I just wanted to pass on some hopefully, helpful info. The FIRST thing I would like to offer an opinion on is Lee Reid at Reid Realty. I called 3 times (no return call) 2 emails (no reply) AND 2 offers (seeing as there was a real offer involved, I did get a reply email stating-verbatim "have left message for seller, will get back to you with reply".....guess what??? NO REPLY!!! After my 2nd offer, I actuall did get a response saying points had already been sold (Thank you so much for the effort!). Here's the kicker, the listing that I had placed the offer on, stayed on the website for 2 weeks!!! Anyway, to say the least, stay as far away as humanly possible. Also notice on his website that all the "positive, unsolicited" comments from customers are years old!! Now, on the other hand, having worked with The Time share store, what a difference! They are WONDERFUL, also ******** at *********** SUPERB!! I just don't want anyone to waste their time with the other people, like I did. I am now proud to be a DVC member (still to pass ROFR, but offered enough to almost surely pass). Thanks for letting me vent....have a MAGICAL week!

DH (scduckman) used Lee Reid when we bought our add on. He had the same experience in the beginning. DH finally sent him an email stating that we was a member of a large message board for DVC and would be putting any negative experience out there for the world to see. He got a responce the next morning and the deal went through after that. The power of DIS-- gotta love it. :teeth:

Before buying resale at TTS (great experience), we did a search on the Dis just using keyword Reid and limited to the DVC boards. Let's just say that the few posts that came up were NOT positive, and we did not pursue considering business with them.

I bought my first contract through Reid in 2001. I didn't have any problems. But in looking for an add on, I noticed that his website wasn't updated very well and that information was very old. I didn't try it again and would probably stick with the TSS now, as they have better inventory. Just my $.02.

I'm just wondering why this isn't all "***" like other resale brokers considering the board has a sponser??????????????????????????????

DVCconvert said:
I'm just wondering why this isn't all "***" like other resale brokers considering the board has a sponser??????????????????????????????

It's not all resale brokers -- just one. I don't know the story, and I figure it's not my business. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter