If Disney made a Ski resort in the northern USA or Canada, would you make plans to go there in the future?

It's not actually a terrible idea - something like Aulani but for cold-weather activities. The problem would be running it year-round. For me, I'm not that into skiing, but still like the premise.

It's not actually a terrible idea - something like Aulani but for cold-weather activities. The problem would be running it year-round. For me, I'm not that into skiing, but still like the premise.
Places like Park City have lots of pleasant ways to spend the day in the summer, often turning ski trails into hiking paths. Throw in a touch of Disney magic and activities with characters, I think it could be a big hit in the summer season

Places like Park City have lots of pleasant ways to spend the day in the summer, often turning ski trails into hiking paths. Throw in a touch of Disney magic and activities with characters, I think it could be a big hit in the summer season

That's true, but it is the "off-season" and prices tend to be cheaper. The company once took us out to Park City, but it was summer time. It was still cool with lots to see, but the only way we could've booked that was at that time of year. So there would be a difference in offerings and price most likely. It could still work though.

I'm not a skier, but if family or friends wanted to go, I wouldn't turn down going with them and hanging out in the lodge.

The off-season possibilities appeal to me too. When I was a teen, we used to go to a ski resort called Seven Springs in the summer, and it was lovely and relaxing.

Yes, but it will never happen because of hardline environmentalists. I hesitate to even call them environmentalists because that’s not what they are but well we all know the drill. Anyway, they blocked it before when Walt Disney tried to do it and that was a lifetime ago. There is no way they could get it through now.

Absolutely, and we're not even skiers. I'm imagining something like Aulani, but with more of a Wilderness Lodge Ski theme.
  • Stunning lobby that gives a beautiful vista to whatever ski hill is closest.
  • Themed bar in the vein of a trader sam's (could incorporate the Matterhorn's Snowman, the Everest Yeti, maybe even some of Mickey and Minnies Yodelberg)?
  • Obviously should have a Spa
  • Depending on the town or area, they could even incorporate a small version of a Downtown Disney.
  • They'd have to include indoor parking, like Kidani, or Vero Beach.
  • Should have a restaurant on the same level as Napa Rose, or step down to a Topolino's, but it should certainly be on the top floor.
  • Disney already has experience with Ski-Lifts, granted at a waterpark, but still.
  • The pool would have to be mostly indoors, but, could have an outdoor element for the warmer months.
  • Should offer a DCL level Kid's Club if the parents would want to leave them while they Ski etc, this would probably only be a Peak Season offering.
The possibilities are endless, I love armchair imagineering for resorts!

Not really, although I'm sure it could be done with a lodge that would be stunning. How about a mountain coaster in the warmer months? Or an indoor year-round waterpark with Disney theming?

No.
We ski and snowboard, but it’s pricey enough without the mouse tax.
Why would I need a Disney themed resort? We ski to ski.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter