If DL's reopening is for CA residents only at first...

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
Then how do you prove you're a CA resident? I assume you'll need to make park reservations online.

Then how do you prove you're a CA resident? I assume you'll need to make park reservations online.

Most likely the same way they did for the pre Covid SoCal tickets

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/southern-california-tickets/details/A Southern California billing address is required when providing credit card information during checkout. In addition, all adults will need to show proof of Southern California residency at park entrance.

Valid only for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999; proof of residency is required for purchase and admission, including valid government-issued photo ID, is required for purchase and admission.

Most likely the same way they did for the pre Covid SoCal tickets

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/southern-california-tickets/details/A Southern California billing address is required when providing credit card information during checkout. In addition, all adults will need to show proof of Southern California residency at park entrance.

Valid only for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999; proof of residency is required for purchase and admission, including valid government-issued photo ID, is required for purchase and admission.
Ugh, ok. Thanks.

Billing zip codes initially at the time of reservation, probably...which is not foolproof at all.

Requiring physical ID could be seen as disenfranchising folks without physical IDs...so theoretically bank/utility statement at the turnstiles, but I’ve personally never experienced that (not that it doesn’t happen)

Billing zip codes initially at the time of reservation, probably...which is not foolproof at all.

Requiring physical ID could be seen as disenfranchising folks without physical IDs...so theoretically bank/utility statement at the turnstiles, but I’ve personally never experienced that (not that it doesn’t happen)

Disneyland requires that adults show ID on numerous occasions. It has never stopped them before, Disenfranchisement doesn't apply to private businesses like theme parks. No one has an inherent right to enter a theme park.

For other California resident specific tickets, they require either a state issued ID with CA address or a photo ID and a CURRENT copy of a utility bill in the name of the ID holder.

As a California resident, it does seem very arbitrary to me. I mean, I think I understand the intent -- to reduce tourism from out of state in general. But many, if not most, out-of-state tourists combine a trip to DL with other sites/attractions in SoCal. I don't think it will discourage much tourism.

When the speculation was that DL would be open only to residents within a short distance (35 miles? 100 miles?), I felt pretty put out at being excluded. Now that the restriction would allow me to go, I still remember the resentment at the arbitrary line. I imagine most non-Californians will feel that same resentment. I think the restriction is unnecessary.

because exactly what we want is people coming from out of state with their germs
Well tell people to stay in CA then. Our Phoenix parks were shut down because hundreds of CA players kept attending our youth soccer tournaments. We have CA teams at every swim meet my Kids have swam in for months. There were a 20 CA dance studios at my daughter’s competition last weekend.

Sea World and San Diego are begging for us to come to them all over my Facebook and TV.

Even said in jest, people should be very careful saying things that would be in violation of the rules. State, Disney, and Disboards.

We went through this same thing when it was reported to be locals only (120 mile radius). I may not have been happy, but I respected it and didn't try to think of ways around it.

Kmm km[/QUOTE]
Well tell people to stay in CA then. Our Phoenix parks were shut down because hundreds of CA players kept attending our youth soccer tournaments. We have CA teams at every swim meet my Kids have swam in for months. There were a 20 CA dance studios at my daughter’s competition last weekend.

Sea World and San Diego are begging for us to come to them all over my Facebook and TV.

It was all over our news, too. Don't worry, plenty of responsible Californians were horrified by that behavior.

It seems like there is a disconnect between "we can" and "we should".

Or, prioritizing swim meets over people's lives.

(I'm not saying we haven't left the house in a year. But we are not doing group anythings, are prioritizing outdoor activities, avoiding crowds...)

Seems only fair.

That may very well become part of it in the future. Right now, they probably figure not enough visitors would be.
And by the time they let out of state visitors in DL will be booked solid with locals as far as they open reservations.

And by the time they let out of state visitors in DL will be booked solid with locals as far as they open reservations.

I’m sure they won’t sell reservations for months at a time. They want people from all over to come, they’re going to make it was easy as possible once it is possible. I would be surprised if it’s still limited geographically by the end of summer anyway, I think once vaccinations increase, the restrictions will start easing up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter