If I don't like WDW, R U going to breakup with me? The tale of two lovers:Update 7/24

Serrina89

Mouseketeer
Disney Pre-trip Report

Hello fellow DISers! Im known as Serrina89 on the DISBoards, and I am a Disneyholic!:lmao: Its been way too long since my last visit. I have no intention of ever leaving Disney Anonymous and I only hope on my upcoming trip I overdose on happiness and nostalgia.

So here are the main characters in my story:
Me-Serrina89 or Julisha (pronounced Ju-lee-sha)

I am currently in my 2nd year of grad school pursuing my masters in textile engineering. (I basically want to work designing protective and Multifunctional clothing think firefighter suits and Nike type apparel).

My fondest memory of Disney World is: going with my family when I was in elementary. My hat flew off on the RnRC and my dad caught it mid ride--- just like the superman I thought he was. That was the last time I went with my dad before he passed. Im so grateful for the people who made Disney world possible and continue the magic every day. We dont always know how long we have with friends and family but it is something about the magic at Disney World that make those memories that much sweeter.

My favorite character is: Princess Jasmine&..I truly believed I was her until I got in 2nd grade (I know weird, funny, but true story) I even taped a jewel to my head most of the 1st grade. AAAH to be young&I know Im only 24&..but its okay&.I can still reminisce.

My fav trip reports are by: MissyRose and PixelDust&&if I ever saw them at Disney, Id definitely want an autograph&.their reports kept me sane waiting for my trip to come and their photos are amazing.

Next is my boyfriend: Stacy &..he's not a Disaholic yet but I definitely plan on turning him. I just have to find out what super powers DISers have: whether it be glamouring, sparkling in the sunlight, or just annoying our family and friends about random Disney world facts. Yes--there is an underground trash system, and the castle is made of fiberglass---these are facts that everyone is meant to know&.I must oblige and bring it up every other conversation(jk).

Stacy hasnt been to any Disney park yet and I strongly suggested he not over educate himself on Disney in order to not ruin the magicso he hasnt read any trip reports yet but hopefully this will change;)

He honestly said to me, If I dont like Disney World, are you going to break-up with me?

Ummm yesss&&just kidding, but I really hope he likes it :).
His favorite movie: is the Little Mermaid.

Weve been dating for a year and a half but I think weve been planning and saving for this trip after about 3 months. (I know&.you guys dont have to say it, but I think making goals helps ease the ability to only see each other on weekends (due to hectic schedules).)

I also have a black tabby cat. His name is Tamahome (pronounced Tom-a-home- A). I know weird name&.its from a Japanese cartoon. The character is a young priestesss protector and lover. I thought since I was having bad luck in dating game, Id at least be 19 cats short of a crazy cat lady&.but wouldnt you know ithe turned out to be my good luck charm as you can see I now have the love of my life as a boyfriend.:love:

Hes not going to WDW but when we come back he will be on vacation&..vacation from what you ask? THIS-----

I know too adorable&..This is my youngest sister by the way..I will be dropping him off at my mom and stepfathers house&Hes a really friendly cat&..or really evil&.I cant tell. He wants to be rubbed, played with, and hugged 24 hrs a day. When he whines, I always wonder if hes saying, Mommy, I miss you&play with me&&or Human why did you stop petting me? Dont you know I am a god&..feed me&.how dare you let my feet touch the ground when I let you live in my house&.

So thats all the gang&&&&&..

We plan on having a split Darkside(Universal)/Disney Trip and we are going in August 2-15.

Word of warning&.This trip report will be full of humor, pop culture references, and run on sentences&If thats too much for you then its time to unbuckle the seatbelt and move over cause aint nobody got time for that!

I will be posting updates on the rest of our plans, how we chose our options, and every random freakout I had about Disney before we . Until next time&See you real soon&&&popcorn::

i hope you can turn him into a disaholic!
I cannot wait to read about your upcoming trip it sounds like its going to be a blast!

50 shades of Cray (crazy) – the Disney world chapter

Hello again...welcome to the next episode of: If I don’t like WDW, are you going to break up with me?” In the last chapter we met a handsome prince, who feel deeply in love with a beautiful princess :princess: who was equally beautiful and loving and most of all normal...or so he thought. He started suspecting something was different about this girl…something he quite couldn’t put a finger on until now.

He said, “What are you?”

I said, “What do you mean”?

He said, “You’re incredibly resourceful about Disney, Your eyes twinkle every time a Disney commercial comes on and I now know that there is an underground trash system at Disney world and the castle is made of fiberglass. What are you?”

I said, “a DISer……and soon you will be too…..” DUM DUM DUM…… The poor unfortunate soul, he thought he was getting a princess but instead he got 50 shades of Cray – the Disney World edition….

So for those of you reading along, I wanted to elaborate on how we made the decision to go and what we we’re going to do.

I started talking to the DBF about WDW early on in our relationship and he didn’t know much about it but said he always dreamed of going but couldn’t afford it as a child. So me being the DISer that I am decided I must correct this horrible, horrible fate. (I also really wanted to go again because, every trip I had went on was super short and/or heavily compromised…You know you really want to go so you find a friend, only to have them want to relax at the pool at the non-Disney resort hotel everyday…..) We went on a six day trip (not including travel) and only spent 3 days and 3 hrs at Disney. :(

So, for me it was very important to stay in the Disney bubble – on property. Because me and the DBF are college students we decided to go during a value season. We initially thought we’d go during the spring break value season but it was not to be according to my grad school, grad students do not get vacations…..waahhhhhhhhhh. So I begged and pleaded with my advisors and bosses to let me go and came up with a compromise….I work 40 hrs during the weekends before the trip and I can go for two weeks. (In grad school 20 hrs a week is mandatory to get a stipend). So we decided to go during value season (Aug 3 to whenever).
After doing a lot of research we decided to stay at the AOA LM…with pop as a close 2nd. When booking our hotel, it was cheaper to stay at POP because of AAA discounts but my DBF saw my look of hurt ---so despite a 120ish dollar saving we decided to stay at AOA because of the newness and little mermaid theme roomed-his favorite movie.

art-of-animation-resort-Nemo-Pool-600x400.png

To fly or not to fly that is the question

We live about 10 hrs a way from Disney World in the land of the pine (North Carolina) and we had a decision to make – to fly or not to fly. Because I am a scientist, I decided to come up with a mathematical formula to decide when to go. (51 cents a mile – which is what NC reimburses it’s employees for travel which includes gas and wear and tear) 51 cents x Gas mileage + $20 oil change + (driving time – flight time)x salary.

Mine = $497 one-way x 2 that’s about a thousand.

Plane tickets for us were around 550 together round trip, so it was much cheaper to fly than drive plus that’s two more days of Disney.pixiedust:

We looked at mousesavers and online to see when the best time to buy plane tickets were. The suggestion was 3 months in advance then 3-4 weeks in advance and on a Tuesday morning. Because we are flying on the 2nd the rates didn’t change much for a year. It only fluctuated about 20 dollars one way per person. For us the best time was 4 months in advance but I wanted to wait to see if it would go done around 3 months and it didn’t, it went up but at least we only lost 10 a person one way…..

When comparing airlines, they also seemed to be similarly matched so we decided on Southwest (well really Air Tran through southwest) but this way we saved a lot on luggage fees seeing how southwest gives you two free checked luggage a passenger. Air Tran is transitioning to merge into Southwest so all Southwest policies are honored if you book through SW.
They only thing I’m worried about is that anybody who booked through Air Tran can pick seats and all SW bookers get what’s left over at the 24 hr mark. So me and the DBF may be split up…..I wonder if I stand up doing the flight and sing…”I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss, And a prince, I'm hoping, comes with this” and my DBF replies…will someone switch to let us sit together...Mmm better not….we’d probably have a TSA agent pounce on us so quick……

tumblr_lqx85s25Lm1qhqisl.gif

And so the story continues

The loving DISer would soon be corrupted by the handsome prince. He had something inside of him, dying to get out------midi-chlorians but one of the most evil and vile species. I dare not utter the words of the Darkside: Universal. The loving DISer loved the prince too much to let him go alone. With Mickey in her heart, she vowed to tame Universal and bring her prince back to the light…..

So we decided to go to Universal as well. Here is a recent post that I made on the US/IOA attraction forums about my Uni choice

1: To stay at Disney or Universal during Universal portions

Staying at Disney (during universal breaks)
Mears ($34 round trip per person)
Cab ($45+ tip guestimate one-way)
Bus ($2 a person) but...would probably take an hour or more 1 way.

-Cons: expensive, can't enjoy the nightlife ...ie..citywalk
-Pros: only have to check into 1 hotel, diversity while at Disney, get to catch the Magical Express each way.

- I chose stay at universal, so I could get a good feel of the atmosphere plus enjoy citiwalk nights.

2. Staying on Universal Property or off-property

Staying at universal

For me staying on site was way too expensive. The price per night of the hotel was almost 300 dollars a night. The price of a hotel within walking distance (less than a mile) is $89 dollars a night w/ a shuttle to the universal parks, free hot breakfast, and a walgreens/golden corral beside it. The only negative is no front of the line passes but IMHO 300 a night is not worth it for me (a college student).

3. Staying at Universal before or After Disney

Before:
Pros: Won't be sad leaving Disney prematurely and wishing I was at Disney instead, not having to tour commando to do/see most at universal at the end of a trip (going back home tired instead of refreshed), Get to take ME back to MCO, Get to go shopping for stuff at Wal-greens for Disney like milk, cereal, etc.
Cons:not taking ME from MCO :-(

After:
Pros: Get to take ME from MCO
Cons: opp of before pros, plus no early flight check in when returning

cab price is the same for before and after.

I chose staying at universal Before

Summary:

1 day trip -> staying at Disney would be cheaper.
2-3 day trip -> staying at universal overnight in universal hotel if you can afford it before.
4+ -> staying at universal offsite unless you’re super rich or saved up a whole lot of money (keeping in mind that you could stay at a Disney value for 2-3x the days you would pay at universal. (before or after)

Cirque du Soleil & Blue Man Group

So…yea. We had planned so much to do already and I was almost scared to ask to go to Cirque du Soleil La Nouba but…he said yes…yay!!!!!!!! We tried to wait to see if the tickets would go on sale, if you join the cirque club they usually have a 25-35% off, but we just missed the sale date window  so we got our tickets from Undercover Tourest…for two tickets a savings of about $16…

Then…..I really wanted to see the blue man group but since I already convinced Stacy to do La Nouba…that was out of the question…until I saw that college students can show their ID day of and get tickets for $30. So I’m Blue –ba-ba-dee-ba-ba-da…..yay!!!!! We’re going!!!! (Side Note: Do you guys remember that song……Me and my sister swore the lyrics of that song were I’m blue, If I was green I would dye…..hahaha.)

So here is the overall planned schedule

Friday Aug 2nd -> Arrive Flying at 9:35, check in to Best western Plus Universal Inn go to US
Saturday Aug 3rd -> iTrolley to find out in next post at 10, take taxi to IOA from to find out in next post, Blue man hopefully at 9
Sunday Aug 4th - > IOA/ US, checkout -> taxi to Disney AOA
Monday Aug 5th -> Kona café at 8, MK
Tuesday Aug 6th -> Epcot, 12 pm lunch at San Angel Inn
Wed Aug 7th -> AK, 9 – Cirque du Soleil
Thur Aug 8th – HS
Friday Aug 9th – TL
Saturday Aug 10th – MK
Sunday Aug 11th – EP – Lunch at the Coral Reef
Monday Aug 12th – BB/DQ
Tuesday Aug 13th – either AK or HS (maybe both for 20 more dollars park hopper)
Wed Aug 14th- MK
Thur Aug 15th – Leave, maybe mini golf…..

Thanks, by the way for all who posted. I really enjoy reading your comments...

So that’s it folks….I will update every couple of days about my minor freakouts about Disney and a birthday surprise for my favorite guy…..until next time see you real soon…

A very merry birthday -------Stacy!

The time approached to pay tribute to the young king’s birth. The DISer contemplated long and hard about her gift to give her turning prince. But what to give? The day was approaching where the young prince had to make a choice to become a Jedi or Sith lord. She feared her attempts to sway him were getting less effective and more desperate. Earlier she had explained to the young prince all that the DISBoard offered.

DISer: Look young prince, “Everything the light touches is our kingdom.”

Prince: Wow!

DISer: A DISer’s post popularity rises and falls like the sun. One day, young Prince, the sun will set on my time here and will rise with you as the new king.

Prince: And this'll all be mine?

DISer: Everything. Everything that the light touches.

Prince: Everything that the light touches... What about that shadowy place?

DISer: That's Universal. You must never go there, young Prince.

But the prince, lovingly and passionate dissented: He would go to both and make his decision then. As you already know, the DISer agreed, but she was fearing that feeling of rebelliousness was too much to take. She was secretly excited, venturing away from the only kingdom she knew but she must make a last desperate attempt to secure the Kingdom in his heart…so she gave him what he wanted.---------INDOOR SKYDIVING LESSONS.

Stacy told me he really wanted to go skydiving…..a while ago and I told him not to tell when he goes only after. I also told him I would be less willing to want him to go if we should end up getting married. I would worry myself to death. So this surprise would definitely open him a little to be influenced more by my diabolical plan…..muuuuhahahahhahah….cough…cough…..gasp.

I decided to join along and get lessons for both of us together so he wouldn’t be alone. Am I scared…..yes……but at least it isn’t plane jumping skydiving!!!

I bought tickets from iFly Orlando. The reviews look really good and was $120 for two people to fly twice. It’s walking distance from wet’ n wild and close enough to an itrolley stop so it made the perfect gift. I surprised him with the typical what, when, where in separate envelopes and it seemed to make him happy.

See how the story continues on the next chapter of, “If I don’t like WDW, R U going to break up with me? A tale of two lovers: The PTR.” Until next time, See you real soon popcorn::

Budget, Betrayal, and the Happy Dance

Good Morning DISer’s! Here’s your daily dose of “If I don’t like WDW, R U going to break up with me?: The tale of two lovers: The PTR

So for all of you planning a trip, here is how my budget broke down:

Lodging: 1344.43 WDW AOA (4-15)
195.29 BW+ at at gates of universal (AAA discount) (2-4)
Travel: 570.63 RT Air Tran through SW
60 (estimated) Cab from MCO to BW+
60 (estimated) Cab from BW+ to AOA
Tickets: 777.46 WDW
329.90 UO (mousesavers link UT)
183.90 Cirque Du Soleil Tickets (UT)
(68 ) – Blue man college student day of with ID ->hopefully
Food & Souveniers & tips – (1200)

Grand total of 4,789.61

The Betrayl
So 2 months before the trip, I come in to work looking for my immediate boss. I can’t find him anywhere. I ask my co-workers where he was and they said he would be out all week. An hour later, I get this as a picture message on my phone:

It’s from a number I have never seen before but they must know me sending that picture. I thought about it and was like------KEVIN!!!!!!!!!! (my boss). He went all the way to Disney without letting me know and everyone knew about it…:sad: Then he (my boss) further stabbed my heart by staying in AOA LM suite:scared1:……sniff. At least he posted many pictures of his trip…

The Happy Dance
On another note:
8 days and some hours to go Woohoo :woohoo:
tumblr_lvmpqh8tBM1qdg0smo1_500.gif

I guess my trip reports wouldn’t be complete without an outrageous story so here the story continues:

Dawn was approaching…The battle for the prince’s heart seemed hopeless but it is always the darkest before dawn. The two travelers had a long journey ahead of them and once they reached their conquest, the true battle was to be fought. “Just three days, and I’ll be able to convince him”, the DISer thought. It was all she could do to lull herself to sleep. Days were getting longer, and nights were getting shorter as the DISer tossed and turned dreaming of blue faces and lost luggage.
The wayward prince had no idea the turmoil his love was in. All the worrying, night sweats, and obstacles left the DISer tired and drained of emotion…but it was all for him and he would never know. So the prince brimming with joy and the DISer scared of losing the Kingdom she once called home prepared to take battle.
Until the next episode, see you real soon popcorn::!

Joining the TR.

Also on a side note, the first posts have already made me laugh soo much-so you better keep up the good work!!:rotfl:

Haha, I can't believe your boss did that to you! You'll have to bug him while you're away too.

Your trip sounds great, you're very analytical, I like it.

Not long until you leave now, any last minute things you have to do?

Haha, I can't believe your boss did that to you! You'll have to bug him while you're away too.

Your trip sounds great, you're very analytical, I like it.

Not long until you leave now, any last minute things you have to do?

Yeah, I was pretty shocked! But it wasn't just him. The whole office knew:eek: They knew I've been planning this trip since forever and so they all got in on the joke.....and I wasn't mad at my boss....he has a very young daughter and naturally Disney World is the only place to take her :) I was just so shocked at how much it was like the one I was planning but that's okay I definitely will bug him!!!

I have a ton of stuff to do: cleaning, printing off confirmations, finding cheap ponchos....so much :faint:The biggest thing I have to do though, is make sure my boyfriend has seen most of the Disney classics. We just watched sleeping beauty and he said he never seen it!:scared1: I was so glad we did...how would he ever appreciate Fantasmic without it?

Thanks so much for commenting on my trip report!

Joining the TR.

Also on a side note, the first posts have already made me laugh soo much-so you better keep up the good work!!:rotfl:

Yay, thanks! I really was worried that my trip reports weren't that interesting, now I don't have to force DBF to read them and have him provide commentary!!!!:cool1:

Hey guys! I'm back!!!!!!! I had the most awesome trip! Everything didn't go as planned: there was some good, bad, and ugly moments but definitely interesting. I'll start with my official trip report as soon as my 1300 photos upload!!!! (it may be awhile, my computer has only loaded 15 :surfweb: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter