If it's not rude to ask....

Sher

Mouseketeer
...how much are we talking for a Disney Cruise? I mean just a ballpark figure so I can see if it is in my wildest dreams. Let's say the land and sea option with 4 days in the parks and a 3 day cruise.

My neighbor returned yesterday with RAVE reviews.

Thanks.

Hi,
You can e-mail the site sponsor, Dreams Unlimited, for a no-obligation quote. Cruise price will depend upon how many people are going, their age, what cabin category you want to stay in, etc. You can also go to the Disney cruise website at www.disneycruise.com and get a ballpark figure immediately. Sometimes it's better to purchase the cruise and land stay separately as you may save more money that way.

Just go to the Disney Cruise official site. You can get online quotes instantly without having to wait at all! I've gone out a lot and just checked dates and prices. I use that as a base for checking on prices with out TAs. Besides, it is just fun to go out and see what is available for what price.

You will find that September and October tend to be less expensive than summer prices. I believe January and February are less expensive too.

DJ

Go to http://www.disneycruise.com/ and click on Reservations. Then just follow the prompts. You can try various dates and stateroom categories to get an idea of pricing. Don't worry; it won't ask you for a credit card number unless you actually decide to proceed with the reservation.

You'll find that the pricing varies widely depending upon the date and category you select.

Keep in mind that you'll actually pay less than what the official site shows if you use an agency such as the one that sponsors this board, Dreams Unlimited. Depending on how the agency operates, you'll get discounts, statroom credits, rebates, or some combination of these.

On our first cruise we did the land/sea package.. cat. 6 cabin polynesian for hotel and did it starting easter sunday 2000. It cost for the three of us with no airfare $4,800.00 roughly.
Disney is not cheap but in my opinion (after cruising with other lines) they are WELL worth the money. As my dad always said you get what you pay for. And in our case we loved it so much took a seven day eight months later and have returned every year since for a seven day/.

I never thought that we would be able to swing a cruise, but on the official website I saw that they had a sale going and we decided to go for it. We are only doing a 3 night cruise and cat. 11 but it is soooo worth it. Book things separately, it will save you money.

Our land/sea package totaled about $3600. We did the 4 day land/3 day cruise March 23-30, 2003. This was for 3 adults and 1 child (category 9) and included insurance and DCL transfers from resort to port only. It did not include airfare.

I'd say shop around and check out the prices. You can also sheck on expedia.com and find out when the less expensive cruise dates are.

Once you have picked your date, shop for the best prices!

We can always count on $2000 per person. That includes air from Des Moines, all port charges & taxes, transportation to and from port and a prenight stay at the Airport Hyatt. This would be for a Cat. 6 7 day cruise. Even our 3 night land/ 4 night sea package 4 years ago came out the same. This does not include alcohol drinks on board, Palos or Spa treatments, photos by DCL or excursions.

Shop around but remember to add in port charges, taxes, air if needed and some sort of transportation to get to the port. If you drive yourself add what ever the parking fee is at the port.

Happy Cruising. Remember your first cruise is expensive. Why? because you won't be able to stop at one :cool: Kathy

I'd tell you what the Disney Suite cost for the six of us, but then we'd have to pinky swear not to tell anyone, do the blood brother thing, spit and shake hands.....just not worth it!;)

If you belong to Costco definitely get a quote from them. They have always beat the lowest price I could find by about $200.00. We have a Cat. 6 for this August for 3 people. I paid a little over $3600.00 (not including airfare and insurance).

Oh, come on..... tell us what the suite cost!!!! I'll pinky swear!

Costco is usually 10% off from the disney price. That is what we have found.. and that is what they tell you so can you look on the disney site and subtract 10% ...

we never book our airfare with out package - we find that the flight selections are very limited (and usually try and use frequent flier miles whenever we have enough).

I think the reason most people don't give actual $$ is it is so different. Time of year, level of cabin, hotel at parks, # adults/children. We find that most of our expenses go towards food as we have 2 teenagers who eat more than the adults!

We always use the disney site as the first part of planning our trips. Give us "worse case scenario" for price. You can play with the dates, see the "Seasons" and see what works best for your schedule/budget. Then start shopping around for better prices elsewhere.. and then of course, wait and hope for discount codes :)

One thing I found in booking two Disney cruises is that it pays to book early. We found that the best prices were offered far in advance. Prices increase as the date comes closer.

Actually, it's fun to visit the official site as your cruise comes closer to see the current prices (makes you realize that it pays to plan ahead!) ;)

Rose

Sometimes the 7 day cruise is cheaper that the Land and Sea packages. You may get better rates by booking your land separate.
We've booked 3 out of 5 cruises with Costco. 1 we paid for with points and the other I was working for a TA so I got a discount.
As stated in an earlier post Sept. and Oct. and Mid Jan. early Feb you'll get the best rates.

Work all the angles and get quotes from many TAs.

Halloween is a great time to go to WDW and on the cruise.

I got a quote for our spring break next year....which is March 22-25. Originally I was going to do the land and sea thing. The total for all 8 of us....hubby and myself, 6 kids...ages 17,16,13,11,11,8 was about $5600.00 without airfare. This is for the package only and did not include food at the parks. This was for a category 11 stateroom and 2 rooms at Port Orleans. As it stand I paid $3700 for a 4 day cruise on the wonder for all 8 of us. 2 category 11 staterooms full. Each adult was like $519.00 and the kids depended on how old they were. Youngest who is 8 cost about $411....older kids cost $461.00. I don't understand the big secret with telling people what you paid for a vacation. Not like you asked for their household income or anything. I see you are from Illinois. Me too.....I live in a northwest suburb of Chicago. Hope this helps...Melissa

Originally posted by HLFDZN
I don't understand the big secret with telling people what you paid for a vacation. Not like you asked for their household income or anything.
I don't think people are trying to keep their cruise costs a secret; I think that since prices will vary depending on season, cabin category, etc., "ballpark figures" will definitely vary so the best thing for the original poster to do is go to the Disney cruise site and start from there. We got a great military rate for our December cruise last year (4-night Wonder for $1600 total for three adults, one child, category 8 cabin), but unless the OP is military that rate will do nothing for him/her. :)

She asked for a "ball park" figure......true it DOES depend on the seasons, but after talking to a few people and finding out that it CAN be affordable, perhaps that would make her inclined to research further and actually get a quote. Also for those of you who suggested the Disney Cruise site I disagree. If I based my ability to go on those prices alone, I would have given up on trying to afford it long ago. Their quote was literally $3000 more than what I ended up getting mine for. Many people pick a time to go based on affordability. Melissa

I have never used this company (I really like Dreams), but I like the way they list their cruise prices all on one page where it is easy to see which ones are less expensive than others.

Go to this page:
http://content.onlineagency.com/c/5/5738/1143606_5738.htm

Click on the link that is for the time frame you are looking at.....
And then scan down to see the prices.

It will tell you when the least expensive cruises are sailing.

I will be honest, we went our first cruise 3 years ago and I expected it to be a once ina lifetime experience. I was SO depressed when I got home thinking we would never go again, that DH said to go ahead and book another one the following year. THEN when we returned home, once again we were ALL depressed, so DH and I decided the only cure was to book a cruise every year (we always go on our twin daughters' birthday). Now we know we will be returning again! It is still hard to leave the ship, but it does help knowing you will go back.

I have friends going for the first time this year and they are on a VERY tight budget. I warned her the biggest problem is that once you go you will want to go again and again! It is addicting! So beware!

But the 3 and 4 day cruises are affordable if you plan and budget for them. I actually think the 4 day cruises are more economical than the 3 day ones (cost 'per day' seems to be less for the 4 than the 3).

My friends put down they down payment, and now they are paying $100 a month to pay it off. You just have to figure it into your budget and make the necessary adjustments. It really is the trip of a lifetime! You will love it!
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter