If not DCL, then who would you cruise with?

I've cruised on HAL twice and RCL once in addition to all my Disney Cruises. If I had to choose anything but DCL from the cruise lines I sailed on I would select RCL. They had plenty of activities for the kids and family and the ship (Anthem of the Seas) was really beautiful and had a lot of great technology that I wish Disney uses on their upcoming ships. However DCL is my preference.

We did Alaska with Disney in September. We had an inside room. I know a lot of people will try to convince you that you have to have a verandah, but I totally disagree. We were fine with an inside. There's plenty of outdoor areas to view scenery, but how much time can you actually spend looking at trees and mountains. Just my 2 cents.

We had a verandah and while I see your point of view, I will say that we didn't just get to see trees and mountains. In early morning hours, while still in PJs, we were able to step out and see the sunrise, we saw a grizzly family on the shore, we looked out from our verandah to see dolphins swimming next to us and at one point a whale. I enjoyed the verandah because it didn't require us to dress to get the sites and pictures, plus they brought hot chocolate and coffee early and provided blankets so we could sit out there and take it all in ;) But for some, it may not be worth the extra money, and I get that too.

We had a verandah and while I see your point of view, I will say that we didn't just get to see trees and mountains. In early morning hours, while still in PJs, we were able to step out and see the sunrise, we saw a grizzly family on the shore, we looked out from our verandah to see dolphins swimming next to us and at one point a whale. I enjoyed the verandah because it didn't require us to dress to get the sites and pictures, plus they brought hot chocolate and coffee early and provided blankets so we could sit out there and take it all in ;) But for some, it may not be worth the extra money, and I get that too.

Now I'm pissed at my husband for not wanting to go on an Alaska cruise.

It would be nice if it wasn't so expensive. I was just considering it until I thought about my husband. He would never go out there and and sit for any period of time. He would be up by first light and out of the room as quickly as possible. I just know that because that is his habit everyday and even on vacation. On vacation I'm kind of the same way. I want to get up and dressed and go.

It would be nice if it wasn't so expensive. I was just considering it until I thought about my husband. He would never go out there and and sit for any period of time. He would be up by first light and out of the room as quickly as possible. I just know that because that is his habit everyday and even on vacation. On vacation I'm kind of the same way. I want to get up and dressed and go.

My husband was in his glory -- wrapped in wool blankets, hat on, feet up and coffee in hand on our first day out of port. He loved it. [FYI, our verandah for the 7-day on HAL was the same price as an inside room on Disney for the same itinerary ;)]

My family has cruised 3 times, all with Disney. Fall 2012 4 night Bahamas, Summer 2015 7 day Western and Summer 2017 7 night Eastern. I want to go to the Southern Caribbean and with Disney it would cost us almost 10K for an Oceanview in the summer. I decided to look at Royal and found a 7 night Southern for less than 3K in a Panoramic Ocean View on deck 12. This room has 5 floor to ceiling windows and is at the front of the ship on the highest deck.

With such a port intensive cruise even if I hate the ship it will be fine. We hit 5 islands in 5 days and our only sea day is the final day of the cruise. But I have a feeling that I am going to love it and have a hard time ever thinking about all the money I have spent on DCL over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter