If not Victoria & Alberts, which restaurant would you choose for a special occasion?

Before their reimagining, I would have agreed. Never a bad meal, but nothing special. I had read good reviews since reopening and was hopeful. It did not disappoint.
I went in January and it was just such a horrible experience for my friends and me. And the food was just meh.

I went in January and it was just such a horrible experience for my friends and me. And the food was just meh.
We were there in October and were very surprised how much we enjoyed it. Hopefully your experience was just an off night and not a return to what it used to be.

What was horrible there?
I've outlined it in a previous post on here so I don't want to go into depth on it again, but the server was absolutely rude to my friend with food allergies on top of being very rude to the rest of us, especially when it came time for the check. I think our service would have been even worse if I had not ordered a $350 bottle of Champagne.

And truly, the food is not that great. I enjoyed my salad and the caviar service but the filet was not worth the hype.

I admittedly have high standards but this absolutely fell flat.

I would consider Monsieur Paul or Takumi Tei. Both are very special, upscale experiences.
Thanks! We may do one of those two when we are in Epcot if V&A is not available! How was your experience in both?

MK to the Boardwalk where Flying Fish (which is at the base of BWI) is:

Option 1- take monorail to Epcot and walk thru park to International Gate. Take Friendship boat to BWI. **This only works if you have park hoppers or AP.**

Option 2 - Take Magic Kingdom bus going to BWI,YC/BC

Epcot to Boardwalk:
Leave park from International Gate and take Friendship boat to BWI or walk from International Gate exit to BWI (about 15 to 20 minutes).

Enjoy your visit 👍🏾
Thank you so much! Seems like a bit of a journey. Perhaps Uber/Lyft is better?

We have eaten at both lots of times since they have reopened after Covid and the remodeling. I would say they are fairly comparable but if you are a seafood lover Narcoossee wins. I love the key lime martini at Narcoossees.
Thank you! Would you prefer either over California Grill (during fireworks)?
Not what you asked, but a couple weeks ago we booked V&A at 60+3 no problem. My poor husband got up at 5:45 to get the reservation at 6, but I checked again that afternoon at 4 and both the main room and Queen Victoria room were still available. (I didn't have the heart to tell DH he got up early for nothing 🤣). So, there is hope for V&A if that's what you want.

Our best meal ever at wdw was in the small room at the back of California Grill, but we've eaten at CG since and unfortunately were not as impressed. Takumi tei and Monsieur Paul are where we were considering if we didn't get V&A.
Yes! Thank you for giving me hope. I will definitely be madly refreshing at 5:45AM (4:45 for me o_O) to to try to get a spot!! Congrats on getting a ressie and I hope you have the most fabulous time! Please let me know your experience if you can :)

We did Topolinos and Steakhouse 71 for date nights, Steakhouse 71 was loud and full of kids but food was good (first time). Topolinos was very nice, food was decent and it was quiet.

This time we're going adults only for our honeymoon and my birthday. We're doing Flying Fish and Narcoosse. Neither will be fireworks viewing bc they are after rest time/before AH events. We're also doing Homecoming/Yak Yeti because they are favorites.
Nice selection of restaurants! Lots of love for FF here and I hope you have a great time!

Monsieur Paul it’s a light Victoria and Albert’s experience. If get like a 6;30 reservation you will probably still be there for fireworks if you want to take your meal slow or can walk right out after into fireworks. I call is V&A light because it’s a multi course meal with wine parings if you choose. Plus they bring some smaller courses that aren’t listed like a pre appetizer and pallet cleaners. The chef comes out and talks to you and the service is excellent. Monsieur Paul we have sone twice and will do again, not all the time but I would definitely do it again for a special occasion in a minute

Thank you for this! I saw the online menu and while it looked nice, it seemed basically like a 4 course dinner. I'm glad that they make it more special during the actual experience. I love French food as well so it might be perfect! Did you have a favorite dish?

If you're from a fishing community, Flying Fish is nothing special. We like it but it's basic somewhat upscale seafood.
Steakhouses are a dime a dozen and I get far better steaks at home for less. Le Cellier is themed well and tasty.

Good sushi and Japanese is everywhere in FL.

Good Italian is everywhere now.

Jiko, Tiffins and Sanaa are unique and well themed.

So Monsieur Paul it would be for us.
Thanks for your reviews of the restaurants. We live by the water, but also love seafood. As long as it's well cooked we will enjoy it, I do really dislike tough overcooked seafood though. But it seems FF knows what they are doing. We are heavily considering MP. :)

We were at WDW a week ago.
We had an amazing meal at Monsieur Paul , with the signature wine pairing. Our server , Alexsis was amazing. They started us out in the interior, but moved us to a window table for the fireworks at their insistence.

We also ate at Jiko twice, and Toppolinos, and Cali Grill. HBD twice, and Tiffins twice, Le Cellier once. Plus San Angel, Boathouse, Crystal Palace, Coral Reef, and Wine Bar George.

Cali was in our bottom 3, along with Le Cellier and Trattoria Al Forno, which is next to Flying Fish. All 3 of those were crowded, with screaming , uncontrolled kids.

Among the ones we ate at, for special occasion, I would pick Monsieur Paul, and then Jiko.
Ah I was hoping to try California Grill for a fireworks dinner, but with some kids screaming and running around it might make that tough. Understandable that there are a lot of kids given the proximity to MK. I will reconsider CA grill. You had a fantastic food experience it seems at WDW and tried so many great places. Glad to hear MP lived up to the standard.

We have many favorites.
Blue Zoo or Flying Fish for seafood.
Jiko go early and enjoy the savanna.
Takumi Tei - Our best meal, by far on our last trip. Not quite V&A prices, but close. Was a 3 hour adventure.
Citricos was a very nice surprise on our last trip. Since being reimagined, it is much improved.

Thanks! Yes Takumi is about $250 pp I think. We love love omakase and sushi. Did you get some melt in your mouth pieces? Glad you like Citrico's too. Since we are in GF it might be nice to have dinner then go straight to bed one night.

Takumei Tei is my second choice now after V&A. If you can score Queen Victoria Room at V&A, just go for it, it’s a really special experience.

Thanks for your reviews of the restaurants. We live by the water, but also love seafood. As long as it's well cooked we will enjoy it, I do really dislike tough overcooked seafood though. But it seems FF knows what they are doing. We are heavily considering MP. :)

Ah I was hoping to try California Grill for a fireworks dinner, but with some kids screaming and running around it might make that tough. Understandable that there are a lot of kids given the proximity to MK. I will reconsider CA grill. You had a fantastic food experience it seems at WDW and tried so many great places. Glad to hear MP lived up to the standard.

Thanks! Yes Takumi is about $250 pp I think. We love love omakase and sushi. Did you get some melt in your mouth pieces? Glad you like Citrico's too. Since we are in GF it might be nice to have dinner then go straight to bed one night.
Takumi is my favorite sushi place I’ve been to after Masa which granted has 3 Michelin stars, but it’s a fantastic experience.

Although we enjoy Citricos, Narcoossees, and Jiko, if you want to approach a V&A-type meal with easier availability and slightly lower cost, Monsieur Paul would be my choice. It’s a prix fixe multi-course meal with an available wine pairing, and they will work with you to substitute if you avoid a particular food. V&A pricing has increased past our breaking point, and we expect it will get another boost now that a Michelin star has been awarded. We celebrated our 45th and 50th anniversaries at V&A, but switched to Monsieur Paul for our recent 55th.
That's true. With the star it might be harder to reserve as well, in addition to the price. Thanks for your input!

So if you want to stay on Disney property,

I'd recommend these based off where I have stayed, where I have eaten and where I want to go based off reviews/friends and family in no particular order

*Citrico's at GF
*Flying Fish and Trattoria al Forno at Boardwalk
*Toppolino's Terrace Dinner at Riviera
*Various places in Swolphin, 4 seasons, waldorf
*California Grill at Contemporary
*Sanaa or Jiko at AKL
*boathouse, wine bar george, STK, Morimoto, Fultons in Disney Springs.

And if you wanted to venture to USO: Bigfire at City Walk, Bice at Portofino, and the palm at HRH

Great list. How I wish I was there for 3 weeks so I could try them all :P

Takumi is my favorite sushi place I’ve been to after Masa which granted has 3 Michelin stars, but it’s a fantastic experience.
Wow! That's amazing praise! I have yet to eat at Masa, but have enjoyed five 1 and 2 star michelin omakases in NY which of course were fabulous! I can only imagine what Masa might be like.

Seems like you really enjoyed Takumi! Now I want to go even though I get a V&A ressie ha! :P

Wow! That's amazing praise! I have yet to eat at Masa, but have enjoyed five 1 and 2 star michelin omakases in NY which of course were fabulous! I can only imagine what Masa might be like.

Seems like you really enjoyed Takumi! Now I want to go even though I get a V&A ressie ha! :P
Do both if you can. I enjoyed Takumi a lot more than Momofuko Ko (which sadly closed).

Do both if you can. I enjoyed Takumi a lot more than Momofuko Ko (which sadly closed).

I will try! My companions are not mega-foodies, but hey I spent hours and hours planning the trip, paying for tickets/hotels and am the idiot who is waking up at 6:50AM to get LL/ILL every morning. I deserve two nice meals and a nap :P

G
Nice selection of restaurants! Lots of love for FF here and I hope you have a great time!

Thank you for this! I saw the online menu and while it looked nice, it seemed basically like a 4 course dinner. I'm glad that they make it more special during the actual experience. I love French food as well so it might be perfect! Did you have a favorite dish?
The Maine lobster salad for the salad course is excellent and the Sea Bass in puff pastry for the fish is amazing! Plus the presentation on both is beautiful
For the meat both the rack of lamb and the filet are excellent as well

FYI
IMG_6490.jpegIMG_6489.jpeg

G

The Maine lobster salad for the salad course is excellent and the Sea Bass in puff pastry for the fish is amazing! Plus the presentation on both is beautiful
For the meat both the rack of lamb and the filet are excellent as well

FYI
View attachment 857482View attachment 857483
Wow that lobster salad looks incredible! I could probably eat 3 of those I love lobster! Thank you for sharing! Dumb question, but are you able to order extra? (for a price of course)

Wow that lobster salad looks incredible! I could probably eat 3 of those I love lobster! Thank you for sharing! Dumb question, but are you able to order extra? (for a price of course)
I don’t really know if you can order extra. I’m sure they will accommodate however they bring more things than are listed on the menu, usually a pre-appetizer, a pallet cleanser, they bring a brandy with a pear in it over a sorbet, a cheese course, bread, dessert and then a few macaroons to take home if you wish, coffee included so I always leave very full! LOL. As much as I loves V&A it’s a little above me, I’m not that fancy. We dressed for MP but they are a much more forgiving with attire as they realize they are inside a park and not everyone will go back to their hotel and change before dining.
I would rather do MP twice than V&A once for about the same cost. Don’t get me wrong V&A was an amazing experience and I’m glad I did it but it was 4 hours plus and while I enjoy food I’m not that well educated on food. I will say V&A had a Glacier 51 fish and they explained how very few boats can fish the area and it was the most delicious fish I have ever eaten. But like I said most of the explanation went above my food knowledge. I would recommend doing it once but I feel MP is something you can do more often and get a similar experience at a lower price point

I will try! My companions are not mega-foodies, but hey I spent hours and hours planning the trip, paying for tickets/hotels and am the idiot who is waking up at 6:50AM to get LL/ILL every morning. I deserve two nice meals and a nap :P
That's me on every trip whether with family or friends!

Thank you so much! Seems like a bit of a journey. Perhaps Uber/Lyft is better?
It’s about a 25 minute ride from MK to Boardwalk whether bus or taxi since I think it’s a straight run with BWI being the first stop on the bus.

Here’s a map I bookmarked that’s pretty accurate but you have to read it carefully since it’s only listing resorts as destinations:

https://magicguides.com/disney-world-transportation-map/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter