IF the Big Cheese is reading, how would you improve DVC? *Updated Summary Post #105*

Waking this thread back up...something came to me this morning after reading various threads about booking windows, day-by-day, etc. How about :idea: :

Alter booking process to open the window on the FIRST day of a reservation, with reservations allowed for up to 7 days at a time. Day-by-day could be used to extend past 7 days (or wait for the next window for the full extension). The 7 days is negotiable - I suppose it should probably be around the average of the typical DVC stay - abberations caused by people with thousands of points not withstanding... :)

This would simplify life for both DVC members and MS, I think, and fewer questions here...

I admit, I'm still a newbie with DVC - won't be coming "home" until July. Maybe there is a reason it's the way it is...:confused3

A good thought, but things wouldn't change. Folks would be booking the week, then calling day by day to "cancel 1, extend 1". :smokin:

MG

count me in on the extra fastpasses or perhaps being able to get your fastpass online for the ride(s) of your choice...:wizard:

Since members don't get to take advantage of discount packages that include hotel/dining & tickets......discounts on tickets(not just annual) would be great!

I'm gone back and picked up some items so am updating and reorganzing the list into two categories: Operational & Perks.

Operational / Room Improvements:

1. Improve member website
2. A Maintence / Housekeeping Inspection or Incident Form that can be tracked and monitored
3. Reduce Member marketing material
4. Better sheets & towels
5. Enforce the rules or change them
6. Provide nightstands in all studios
7. Offer HBO or Pay Per View
8. Change Home Resort Priority Window
9. Provide better MS/CM training
10. Full cleaning on day 4
11. Make all 1 Bedrooms a capacity of 5 using the new type sleeper chair
12. Better & more consistent housekeeping & maintenence
13. Replace patio furniture
14. Offer Concierge Level at all DVC resorts (as this is now included as a Guaranteed room type at AKL, I think it can now be considered an Operational issue)
15. Change transfer rules
16. Noon Checkout
17. Expand Concierge, BVTC, II offerings, eliminate exchange fees, ability to joine II direct
18. Reduce New DVC Construction
19. Build DL DVC
20. Build YC DVC
21. Make BW all DVC
22. Add Grand Villas to VWL
23. Add larger DVC Grocery
24. Expand Guaranteed Booking Categories at all resorts
25. Improve Waitlist process & offer Waitlist Status checks
26. Make all DVC Non-Smoking - ACHIEVED MAY 2007

Perks

1. Free internet access
2. Discounted MYW passes
3. Free Cover charge at Jellyrolls
4. Additional faspasses
5. Shopping discounts at DTD and parks
6. Members Only Fireworks viewing
7. Members Lake access for fishing
8. Seasonal & After 4:00 Passes
9. DDE without AP or Discounted Dining
10. Year round discount golf
11. Random DVC Castle stay drawings
12. Monthly Merry Mixers
13. MK DVC All Nighters
14. DVC Only EMH
15. Non-DVC Resort Discounts
16. Offer Reduced point stays during Low or Higher Vacancy periods

In light of the recent discussions of the new changes in policy such as the new banking rules and the new $95 trade fee, as well as all of the discussions about extending the 2042 resorts, I thought it might be a good time to resurrect this thread.

Since I will be sending a letter to DVC prompted by the recent changes and our perception at the direction DVC is headed, I am going to also include some of the Operational suggestions contained in this thread, particularly regarding Housekeeping and Maintenence. I really would like to see some accountability mechanism be put in place concerning those two areas and so I'm going to lobby hard for an Inspection Form as described in Operatonal #2 above.

We can also now at least check one item off the list. Effective in May, Disney has now officially banned smoking in rooms. :)

A few suggestions from a new DVCer from California...

Operational:

1. If they're going to continue the developer points incentive, MS needs a better process for DVC members to make, track and change reservations. This manual process that MS uses is awful -- time consuming, full of mistakes, difficult to track and basically painful for DVC members.

2. Can't impose that $95 booking fee for Disney Collection in Disneyland, as there would be no good option for west coast DVCers who want a nearby Disney vacation

3. Need Disneyland DVC

Perks:

1. Need better DVC Disneyland AP discount - on par with WDW discount

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter