If the flattening isn't working is it time to face reality?

What American leader has said they want your Grandmother dead so they can get some wings a Bdubs?
If you aren't making it up, please provide a link to said it.
Google it. It did not mention Bdubs, but it was clear. I won't post it as it is political. You are free to not believe me if you like - or you can google it.

And if that decision is to let millions die, I'll probably leave America. I love it here - bled for it - but I won't live in a country that does something like that.

I don't think there are any easy answers to this.
I don't think your concern is more important than those concerned with the people's ability to pay their rent/mortgage and feed their kids after all of this.

I don't think there are any easy answers to this.
I don't think your concern is more important than those concerned with the people's ability to pay their rent/mortgage and feed their kids after all of this.
My concern is human lives. How is that not more important than money?

ETA - Like I said, I don't have answers. I have friends who have already lost jobs. I lived much of my life below the poverty line. I truly have seen every side of this. But we have to draw the line somewhere as a society, don't we?

Google it. It did not mention Bdubs, but it was clear. I won't post it as it is political. You are free to not believe me if you like - or you can google it.

You are the one claiming they said that, and now you are saying it wasn't exactly that and won't provide proof.
Yet tell us to stop pretending it's being made up.

Here’s my take from this, imho,

We’ll get through this by hook or by crook. No one will sit around and let the economy collapse due to an illness with a 2 pc death rate. Given that, we‘ll have this period during which we all standstill, then we’ll all come back slowly, perhaps in waves, but given no vaccine until next year, the affected industries will remain affected until that occurs, which is likely until at least a summer 2021. Think an order of a 20-30 % decline in business For those industries. I.e. many won’t want to take a plane, got to WDW, take a cruise, eat at a restaurant, while there’s still a threat of contracting this, however small, given the panicked hysteria we’ve been inculcated with.

2 yrs from now, this will be just another seasonal illness, god willing, which, like the flu, has a baked in death rate we all live with every day. Problem is the hysteria this has caused has done multiquarter damage, at a minimum, to our economy in just two short weeks.

My concern is human lives. How is that not more important than money?

That's the thing. People being worried about their mortgage is valid, but they are still placing their ability to pay their mortgage over the lives that will be lost. No one is doing that with ill-intention, there's just no real way around it if things go back to "normal" before we've got a handle on this thing. No one wants to actually say "yes, my ability to pay my rent is more important than people who catch this virus and die so that I can keep going to work" but it's the real risk that's actually happening.

You are the one claiming they said that, and now you are saying it wasn't exactly that and won't provide proof.
Yet tell us to stop pretending it's being made up.
Yeah, it didn't mention buffalo wild wings. Sorry. If that is a deal breaker for you, feel free to put me on ignore.

Here’s my take from this, imho,

We’ll get through this by hook or by crook. No one will sit around and let the economy collapse due to an illness with a 2 pc death rate. Given that, we‘ll have this period during which we all standstill, then we’ll all come back slowly, perhaps in waves, but given no vaccine until next year, the affected industries will remain affected until that occurs, which is likely until at least a summer 2021. Think an order of a 20-30 % decline in business For those industries. I.e. many won’t want to take a plane, got to WDW, take a cruise, eat at a restaurant, while there’s still a threat of contracting this, however small, given the panicked hysteria we’ve been inculcated with.

2 yrs from now, this will be just another seasonal illness, god willing, which, like the flu, has a baked in death rate we all live with every day. Problem is the hysteria this has caused has done multiquarter damage, at a minimum, to our economy in just two short weeks.

The damage has been done to the worldwide economy, not just specific countries. That offers the unusual potential that globally there's nowhere to go but up, that the rising tide of normalcy eventually returning will indeed raise all boats.

ETA That is not a suggestion that we should rush to normalcy for financial goals and put lives at stake.

Last edited:
I've learned that if you don't phrase things literally here, the same people will tell you it's not happening. "That house is not ON FIRE, there are a FEW FLAMES coming out the window. Why are you making things up?!"

Well according to that poster they were saying that.
"Sorry - there are American leaders actively saying that now. It is real. Don't just try and shush it like folks here are making it up. "

So, I'm asking for the proof we aren't making it up. They can't provide it so there you go.

I am sort of shocked at the schools that are shutting for the entire year already. Like you said, why not keep going for another 3 or 4 weeks and the evaluate? What's the rush to close in May and June already?
I am guessing people shocked that schools are closing for year don’t end school year until later in June. In the south, many schools start the 1st week of August and have graduation in mid-May before Memorial Day. Include time for Easter, test prep and test taking, finals, there aren’t many days of “learning” left for a lot of school systems. When my mother was still teaching, July was the only month my son could visit when both our northeast and her southern school were on summer break.

Living though bankruptcy through little to no fault of ones own is still living, sure, but what kind of living is it, really.
I have lost everything - EVERYTHING. Literally down to the clothes on my back and less than $5 in my pocket. It is horrible. And I can't imagine how much more difficult it would have been if I had young children when it happened. I don't have an answer for that. No one does.

So you guys are saying that people who disagree with you are suffering from a mental disorder?

???? I simply shared a factual statement, that group therapy is not indicated for many mental disorders because it has not proven to be effective. I am not "guys" plural. I think for and speak for myself. My thoughts are my own.

Well according to that poster they were saying that.
"Sorry - there are American leaders actively saying that now. It is real. Don't just try and shush it like folks here are making it up. "

So, I'm asking for the proof we aren't making it up. They can't provide it so there you go.
No, you are trying to bait me into posting that will get me banned. No thanks.

I have no answers. I don't pretend to have answers. I just know that letting millions die is not an appropriate one.

The society that comes afterward - one that clearly does not value life - cannot be better for the poor than the current society.

Millions will most likely die. The question is if it will happen over the short term or long term. In order to achieve herd immunity, 50-60% of the population has to get it. Now, they can either get it or get it via a vaccine. The later will be less deadly. It’s really how many will die before we get a vaccine. How much can we slow it down? If life returns to normal next week, then lots will die.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter