If Walt Came Back To Life For A Day

Jay2009

Mouseketeer
do you think he'd be upset by what EPCOT became considering what he wanted it to be?

Nah I think he would do some employee restructuring though. I don't think the parks overall are kept up to the standard he expected with cleanliness, refurbs, and employee behaviours. I think he would address that first, but most importantly I think that Cnn, Fox, MSN and the Inquirer would be too busy beating his door down for interviews to do anything productive. ;)

well this assumes he would spend his time looking at the park and not being with his family or all the other stuff he would probably do. And it assumes Roy didn't tell him what happened when they were reunited!

I think he would complain about how expensive cigarettes have become and be shocked that smoking isn't allowed in any of his parks.

Cheers!

Max

I'm thinking he'd be weeping over the company as a whole. (response more to the title than the first post).

I don't think EPCOT per se would bother him. He'd be disappointed, sure, but he was regularly overruled in his lifetime and he always coped with that as long as things didn't go in a direction he found completely wrong. When it comes to EPCOT, I think he'd be more upset about some of the details of how they were doing it than with what they did, if you see what I mean.

I also think he would fix the Yeti. It's a sad icon for how the parks have become today, broken and in need of attention.

What's wrong with Epcot? What would he be upset about?

His original vision of EPCOT was nothing like what it is now. EPCOT was one of the main reasons he wanted to do WDW and didn't even get to see ground get broken on the idea.

His original vision of EPCOT was nothing like what it is now. EPCOT was one of the main reasons he wanted to do WDW and didn't even get to see ground get broken on the idea.

Do you think his original vision for Epcot to be a living working city in the middle of a theme park would work in today's society though?

Do you think his original vision for Epcot to be a living working city in the middle of a theme park would work in today's society though?

Certainly not, but walt's mind never seemed to live in normal parameters of what could or couldn't be done or what would or wouldn't be the standard.

If Walt Came Back To Life For A Day

...I would probably pee my pants!!!

Zombies scare the you know what out of me!
;)

First and foremost, Walt liked to make a profit as a businessman, so don't think he would be upset.

He would know better than to be fooled by the "Walt" myths

Personally, I'm not sure what his opinions and response would be to Epcot. Even though it didnt turn out to be his initial plan doesnt mean he wouldnt be proud of what it has become. Who knows? After seeing the end results he might draw a more affectionate outlook. He wasnt too contemptuous about his work. Although Walt was indeed a visionary he welcomed all ideas from everybody, especially fans of his work. So there is no real way to form a hypothesis on how what his reaction would be.. but I wouldnt be surprised if there are other issues he might address first;)

If walt came back.... He would be proud and pissed!:mad:
Proud at what his small dream has become.. but pissed off at the state of the parks..
Don't get me wrong WDW is much cleaner then most places, but walt had a higher standard then most..

remember this was the man who measured out where to put trash cans, based on how long it taked someone to eat a hot dog!

and as for the bed bug problem.. i think Walt would have a few choice words about that..:rolleyes1

do you think he'd be upset by what EPCOT became considering what he wanted it to be?

I totally get what you're talking about -- but, it's safe to say that many of Mr. Disney's ideas concerning EPCOT were later incorporated in modern master-planned communities all across America -- most notably, the Disney-built town of Celebration, Florida.

As for everything else, sure he'd be surprised -- maybe even disappointed, but I think he would be extremely pleased to see that his original park (Disneyland) hasn't changed all that much since his days.

He'd probably say. "Why is it so cold in here.... Wait a minute! Where's the rest of my body?"

Nope, Walt was a businessman, alive or dead, the results would have been the same. He would have sold stock to the company thus making it a public company and then bent over backwards to keep the share holders happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter