If you could change one thing about DCL, what would it be?

I’d do something to make the stairs more appealing. Make them gently (not obnoxiously) light up when you step on them or something. It might encourage more people to take the stairs instead of the crowded elevators… and get many of us us a little more exercise!

What I would want them to change at this moment in time is having the Norwegian Fjords cruise in September again. Think that may go on my next comment card.

Change the check-in window (currently based on CC status) to using the actual PIF date of the reservation (not everyone all at once). This would probably see pmore eople PIF earlier rather than later, which would benefit DCL, I would think. I realize they use this as a benefit for CC status, but use something else for benefit!

I'll echo the "dinner buffet" comments. It would be nice to have that option. However, I also think the MDR service is one of the things that really sets DCL apart from other lines. Maybe they could only offer Cabanas dinner on port days as a compromise, so people are still encouraged to get the MDR experience?

Also, some new MDR menus would be nice, or at least rotate in occasional specials and unique dishes. It's a total "first world problem" complaint, but we've done multiple cruises in the last year and the seeing the same menus year in and year out starts to get really repetitive.

Adding free or discounted WiFi as a Castaway Club perk would be nice.

I don't think DCL will ever do a true unlimited drink package like mainstream lines, because that encourages overconsumption and it's a family-oriented line. However, it would be nice if they could offer a discounted 10 drink card or something similar, or vouchers for higher Castaway Club tiers to get a few free drinks per day (similar to Royal).

I'll echo the "dinner buffet" comments. It would be nice to have that option. However, I also think the MDR service is one of the things that really sets DCL apart from other lines. Maybe they could only offer Cabanas dinner on port days as a compromise, so people are still encouraged to get the MDR experience?

Also, some new MDR menus would be nice, or at least rotate in occasional specials and unique dishes. It's a total "first world problem" complaint, but we've done multiple cruises in the last year and the seeing the same menus year in and year out starts to get really repetitive.

Adding free or discounted WiFi as a Castaway Club perk would be nice.

I don't think DCL will ever do a true unlimited drink package like mainstream lines, because that encourages overconsumption and it's a family-oriented line. However, it would be nice if they could offer a discounted 10 drink card or something similar, or vouchers for higher Castaway Club tiers to get a few free drinks per day (similar to Royal).
Carnival caps you at 15. Which is still a lot for every single day. It'll never happen on Disney but if somehow they introduced it, it would definitely be capped off

I’ve always thought it would be great for DCL to offer drink tokens! They could be purchased ahead of time at a small discount and used in fish extenders, as pixie dust, for gifts from travel agents, gifts for friends sailing, etc. How fun to get to your room and see a little stack of beverage tokens?! They’d have to be for beverages within certain $ amounts but it would be cool to have slightly cheaper non alcoholic ones too that could be used for coffee and smoothies by kids under 21. And if they had cool designs people might collect them and that would make DCL even more $.

Not meant to be super critical of Disney Cruise Line but just a fun little discussion.

I'd put a sit down restaurant outside of MDR that isn't Cabanas. I've heard mixed reviews about Cabanas dinner so I think having something kind of between the two for dinner would do well. Gives you more options. MDR is a big draw to DCL but sometimes it's nice just to have a less structured night on vacation.
I would like to see changes to the website. I think they should allow customers to book using placeholders through the website and not have to call. I would like to be able to book excursions right after I pay in full, regardless of how far in advance that might be. I believe the website should show your balance due even if you booked through a TA . I think your web account should also show any extra money you have applied to your account.

I would very much like the ability to 'see' availability of Palo and/or Remy's while trying to make changes to a reservation that we already have without the requirement to canceling your current reservation first. Not looking to beat the system. However, many people have seen the frustration of trying to book brunch or dinner with friends or family that are not on the same castaway club level.
Similarly, it would be nice to be able to view availability of excursions on your booked cruise without canceling existing excursions in order to do so.

I would like to see changes to the website. I think they should allow customers to book using placeholders through the website and not have to call. I would like to be able to book excursions right after I pay in full, regardless of how far in advance that might be. I believe the website should show your balance due even if you booked through a TA . I think your web account should also show any extra money you have applied to your account.
The website to me does feel a little bulky and outdated.

I wish they offered a broader array of sports (Fox, MLB, e.g.) vs. mostly just ESPN.

I would welcome late night comedy shows aimed at adults, that were a bit more edgy.

More, different itineraries . . . which I think they are moving towards.

I wish they offered a broader array of sports (Fox, MLB, e.g.) vs. mostly just ESPN.

I would welcome late night comedy shows aimed at adults, that were a bit more edgy.

More, different itineraries . . . which I think they are moving towards.
ESPN is owned by Disney. That's your answer.

Definitely not opposed to this one, especially on the longer cruises which may skew towards older families.

With so many new ships, I think they'll have a chance to have more variety.

I laughed out loud at this. A few weeks ago, one of the contestants in one of those match your mate types of events used the "A" word. The club host paused momentarily then said something to the effect of "You can say that, but I can't!" and then seemed to try to avoid calling on that contestant again haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter