• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you could pick a new EP country

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
Hey guys I know we have done this before but I was reading where they have been doing surveys in EP recently and it really got me to thinking about it, Id love to hear your ideas on what country and how the pavillion would look..

Me, I would LOVE to see EGYPT

A pyramid and Spynx..With the restaurant looking like the inside of a egyptian palace serving couscous, lamb and things

A ride through acient egypt.. a store..

Definitely Russia......(or at least some country from Eastern Europe).

Pelmeni, Shashlyk, Pirozhki, Blini, morozhenoe......yum.....

I have a whole list. They could build another lagoon and loop.

India, Russia, Egypt, Israel, Australia, Kenya, Spain, Brazil, something Caribbean...

My parents and I talked about this while sitting in United Kingdom 2 weeks ago. We agreed - Russia and Brazil. My dad grew up in Brazil and he and I have both been to Russia. Seeing St Basil's Cathedral would be so cool! And a ride through the amazon in Brazil would be neat as well/

They need something from SouthEast Asia, maybe Thailand! That would be amazing. They could build a temple, have a part about the hill tribes, and the food would be so yummy.

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

Definitely Australia or New Zealand and somewhere from South America. Both places are underrepresented. Russia sounds cool, too.

Russia. My grandfather was Russian. Someday when I take my kids to EPCOT they'll be able to learn a little about their various heritages (Mexico, Germany, England), and I'd like Russia to be there too.

I definitely agree with Russia!
Some other ideas include Spain, Poland (lots of GREAT food), Switzerland, and Australia!

South America or West Indies type flair. Love me some jerk chicken and rum drinks-but then again, I love all food!!!!

But a zip-line through a tropical setting would be great (even if it is 3-D like Soarin')

Australia, Greece or Brazil are my choices some other do sound good too, like Russia and Thialand.

There is a different Disney info site (not sure if I am allowed to post a link) that someone posted on saying that they were asked to take a survey while in EPCOT. The CM then asked what country they would like to see added to WS. Then the CM asked what country they would like to see replaced. In other words you say you would like to see Greece and then asked what country you would like to see Greece replace. Seems strange that they would tear a country down when they have all the extra space.

Well I could say Liberia, the west African country I'm in now but I don't think it'd be very popular. :rotfl2: I certainly wouldn't pay to eat Liberian food in Disney :eek:

I agree with Egypt and Russia. African and Asian countries are more represented in AK (yes I know Egypt is in Africa but not Sub-saharan Africa). I'd love to see more rides in the countries they have, probably because I love the Maelstrom. :cloud9:

Now there's an interesting question... which country would you replace? I'd vote America. I don't think I've ever been in the American pavilion!

Replace Untited Kingdom with Ireland :thumbsup2
Well it would only be Southern Ireland considering Northern Ireland is already a part of the UK. I would like to see India , that is really the only cuisine that is missing and the country has a lot to offer as far as sights and culture.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter