• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you couldnt live in the City you do now

After moving across country multiple times and living in many cities I really got to make that choice after retirement.

I chose New Orleans and have loved it.

Some tiny town in the middle of nowhere where there are only like 50 residents. Kind of like that town in Tremors minus the Graboids.

After moving across country multiple times and living in many cities I really got to make that choice after retirement.

I chose New Orleans and have loved it.
I too choose New Orleans. My roots are there.
Every time I try to go to NO the trip gets cancelled. First time, a death in the family, second time got has far as DC and turned around due to Katrina. Some day but hopefully soon:).

DH & I would love to travel the world moving from city to city every couple of years. As a more realistic dream, I'd like to move back to the Tampa area. I'd prefer Clearwater or St. Pete Beach, if we could find a place on the beach. If not on the beach, I'd choose to live in Tampa.

Somewhere in the south. I love Florida, especially the Gulf coast. But I love New Orleans, too--I just don't know if I could live there.

Some tiny town in the middle of nowhere where there are only like 50 residents. Kind of like that town in Tremors minus the Graboids.

i have to say that living where z nation filmed exterior shots is very eerie right now. many of the locations that they had to take great care to ensure a vacant look for are truly ghost townish now. the back roads they used that normally have rural inhabitants driving up and down are earily devoid of traffic.

i think what drives it home so much today-our county got it's first confirmed diagnosis (3), and with the first snow fall in several weeks-you notice that all day not a single tire or foot track is on the roads let alone outside people's homes:(

Wow! The thread is new and someone already stole my spot? Anywhere on the Oregon coast is my choice. Probably close to the sand dunes. I have vacationed twice in Oregon and love it! Maybe Depoe Bay? Anyplace on the coast, but I still need to be able to drive to Crater Lake National Park (Heaven on earth for anyone that’s ever had the pleasure of going) for the weekend...

I'll join the crowd I guess. I was going to say Bandon, OR. Cost of living would be similar to where i am now. I spent two summers in college working at Crater Lake, so I'll agree with you there, too.

Last edited:
I'm not sure but I love this question!

Maybe Carcossonne, France, if this is a purely "pie-in-the-sky" type question. Although practically, visa, currency exchange, and language issues might prove problematic.

When factoring in "making the same money you do now", that restricts things quite a bit if I would like to maintain the same housing and lifestyle I have now here in the middle of Indiana (Indy area). It would be more like where CAN you live? Based on that, I would be able to live somewhere else within the state of IN. (Ft. Wayne, Evansville for example) I am pretty sure I would survive in central Illinois (Champaign, Springfield for example), probably Louisville, KY would work. I figure I might be able to do St. Louis, MO and have the same or similiar lifestyle.

If I wanted to live somewhere "exciting", I am sure I would have live in a broom closet and eat canned beans.

I'll join the crowd I guess. I was going to say Bandon, OR. Cost of living would be similar to where i am now. I spent two summers in college working at Crater Lake, so I'll agree with you there, too.
Well, now enough people are talking Oregon, I’ll share some pictures...

Attachments

• D47DC0EF-AF70-44CE-85F5-DEFA00540730.jpeg
    D47DC0EF-AF70-44CE-85F5-DEFA00540730.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2
  • A7258D9A-F372-4F5B-955C-32E298AB7281.jpeg
    A7258D9A-F372-4F5B-955C-32E298AB7281.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 8BA4A74A-0A73-4C4C-906C-D9D83F81099C.jpeg
    8BA4A74A-0A73-4C4C-906C-D9D83F81099C.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 1DAA6846-4115-4CD3-8F2F-061D10D0208C.jpeg
    1DAA6846-4115-4CD3-8F2F-061D10D0208C.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1
  • A2E66490-A349-4CC2-AA2D-73CE7F1F42C5.jpeg
    A2E66490-A349-4CC2-AA2D-73CE7F1F42C5.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 21283BAA-2F35-477A-BA84-B6592A66C18E.jpeg
    21283BAA-2F35-477A-BA84-B6592A66C18E.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1
Wow! The thread is new and someone already stole my spot? Anywhere on the Oregon coast is my choice. Probably close to the sand dunes. I have vacationed twice in Oregon and love it! Maybe Depoe Bay? Anyplace on the coast, but I still need to be able to drive to Crater Lake National Park (Heaven on earth for anyone that’s ever had the pleasure of going) for the weekend...
Isn't the water on the Oregon coast freezing??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter