If you get ill during your trip.....

Pooh Pooh Platter

Earning My Ears
We just returned from 8 days at the Poly concierge. During that time my DD developed a severe rash. My wife thought it was chicken pox. The concierge referred us to CentraCare (part of the Florida hospital network). They are located just ouside Downtown Disney next to the drug store. Anyways, the came to the resort an picked us up at no charge. We were there for about 2 hours but were happy to find out that my DD only had an alergic reaction/hives from probably a virus. We still suspect the detergent that was used to wash the sheets may have caused the reaction, because once we got home the hives were gone. Next time we will bring our own sheets.

It was nice to have medical advice, of course they did not take our insurance but $100 was a small price to pay for piece of mnd.

good to know there's help readily available. My DS has very sensitive skin as well...

We had a simular problem only a dental one, when we got home I contacted my
insurance company and they said to submit your bill And they would reimburse me
what was allowable, so call it's worth a phone call, and my insurance company is
a HMO one so it might work for you also.

My DS got sick in Japan last Christmas! We walked him all the way around the WS and he threw up about every 20 steps in almost every unobtrusive spot we could find! We were going to try and make it back to ASMo but knew the busride would be a big disaster so off we went to First Aid! They were awesome! My DS got to lay down and they called ASMo and a guy in a big van came and picked us up! My big thrill was being back stage at Epcot. I thanked my DS but I don't think he appreciated it at the moment. The van driver was very understanding and he took us right to our room!
Being sick at Disney was awful but Epcot first aid made even that magical!

Hey Pooh Pooh Platter
As I sit here reading your message I am struggling to breathe becuase I have some stupid virus and today I developed a rash. So now my head is miserable and I itch all over. Sound familiar. Hopefully I get cleared up fast since we leave for DW in 2 1/2 weeks.

Just passing on some information you might find intresting.

Here are some important numbers to keep in hand. You may want to
call Disney and express your concerns.

Main Street Physicians: (walk-in clinic, 24-hour house calls, and
dental referrals) 396-1195

Sand Lake Hospital: 351-8550

Centra Care Walk-in Medical Care: 239-6463

Goodings Supermarket Pharmacy: 827-1207

Turner Drugs: 828-8125

Doctors On Call Service: (24-hour house calls at resorts)
492-9595

First Aid is available at all theme parks:

Magic Kingdom: next to the Crystal Palace
Epcot: Future World's Odyssey Center between Mexico and Test
Track
MGM: next to Guest Relations just as you pass through the main
entrance
Animal Kingdom: in Safari Village at the rear of Creature
Comforts

Xmas '99 when DS (then 4) became very sick (high fever, cough, vomiting, etc). Since we didn't have a vehicle, and because he was so young, we bit our lip and called the in-room dr. service. He was spectacular! Very professional, brought along nurse and lots of equipment, spent lots of time with us. I gave them a copy of our ins. card, and ins. paid it in full (I know, we were lucky!). I would hope this would never happen again, but I would definately use them again.
Terri the Yoopermom

:( DS (who was 15) was sick 9 out of the 11 days that we were there last time. We took him to Centra Care too. The doctor there was very nice. We did have to wait about an hour, but it was not too bad. He prescribed antibiotics and there is a pharmacay (Turner Drugs) attached so we could get it filled right away. They billed our insurance company for the clinic, but I had to submit the prescription myself. I would try sending the bill in, you may be surprised! By the way, the housekeeping staff at POFQ was great. There were a few days when he was too sick to get out of bed. They made sure we had clean towel & whatever we needed. Although I felt really bad for him because he was sick, WDW is an easy place to get good medical care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter