If you have the chance to stay at Bungalows.. will you?

We stayed at the Bungalows last year. Life circumstances led us to need to use all of the previous year's banked points in a short trip or lose them, so we decided that it would be worth to try the Bungalow.

It was an amazing experience. Truly a special stay. However, I still don't think I could justify the point cost, maybe if the point chart were reallocated a bit.

Though, it was such a cool thing that we've debated doing a split stay trip in the future with 2 nights in the Bungalows and staying on the resort only those days because then we could get full use out of it, and then the rest of the trip somewhere cheaper and go to the parks those days.

For the right price I would. I'm not sure I could justify spending more at the Disney's Polynesian Bungalows vs. what I'd pay at a resort for the same thing in Bora Bora... And that's on the high end. I'd always be there thinking I could have had the real thing.

So I'd take the real thing. :beach:

Never say never! As unlikely as staying in a Bungalow was for us but after 2 cancelled trips, we’re lumping 3 trips of points into our December stay. Our group will be us (DH and me) our son (33) and possibly ( not very likely) my mom-in-law. Anyone who has stayed in them have a recommendation on location? I’m thinking about a general “near Great Ceremonial House“. I’m more interested in view and not concerned with boat noise. We’ve had ferry end rooms in Moorea several times.

Thanks for any help!

Never say never! As unlikely as staying in a Bungalow was for us but after 2 cancelled trips, we’re lumping 3 trips of points into our December stay. Our group will be us (DH and me) our son (33) and possibly ( not very likely) my mom-in-law. Anyone who has stayed in them have a recommendation on location? I’m thinking about a general “near Great Ceremonial House“. I’m more interested in view and not concerned with boat noise. We’ve had ferry end rooms in Moorea several times.

Thanks for any help!
We've stayed in 7001 and 7002 which are the closest two Bungalows to the MK boat dock (so the furthest to the left when standing in the resort area looking out to the water). A fairly short walk to the pool and GCH, and one thing I liked was that when you go to the MK you can watch out from your balcony for the ferry approaching, and then you have time to get to the boat dock to get on that ferry. We had not made any location requests so it seems that Disney considers that end to be the most desirable as it put us there by default both times. The advantage of the other end would be that you are closer to the TTC for going to Epcot.

We've stayed in 7001 and 7002 which are the closest two Bungalows to the MK boat dock (so the furthest to the left when standing in the resort area looking out to the water). A fairly short walk to the pool and GCH, and one thing I liked was that when you go to the MK you can watch out from your balcony for the ferry approaching, and then you have time to get to the boat dock to get on that ferry. We had not made any location requests so it seems that Disney considers that end to be the most desirable as it put us there by default both times. The advantage of the other end would be that you are closer to the TTC for going to Epcot.

Thank you. That is my thinking; closer to food and the resort launches for the kiddo. If my mom-in-law does decide to join us (it’s a post cruise stay if the cruise happens) I’ll look at a 3 bedroom. I might should just waitlist one anyway since it’s less points. :rolleyes1

Just purchased a PVB contract and of course I'd stay in a bungalow. Now...the question isn't would you stay it is would you stay if you were paying full points and the answer is a resounding "Hell No." I can't justify that number of points per night. I can dream though that some day a pixie dust dump truck accidentally tips over on me as I'm exiting Magical Express and I'm greeted with a "Welcome Home Sir we would like you to stay in this glorious bungalow for now extra cost." Haha.

I would love to stay in a cabin just not sure I want to spend that many points on one stay. I like the idea that a previous posted suggested, a two night stay with those days being concentrated on the resort only. I too think I would pick WL over Poly, I'm sure they are both amazing but I like the privacy that WL cabins offer over the Poly, I love the pool area at WL and I really like Geysor P. JMHO

before I stay at Poly bungalows (never will) I would stay at CCV cabins. Better atmosphere IMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter