If you haven't made a "view" request at OKW-

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
what are some of the view types you've gotten? How many people have gotten some great views even without making view requests? We've always requested a golf course view, but on this last trip they told us there were no golf course views available, so we were getting a garden view. Well, this "garden view" had a nicer view of the golf course than some of the (supposed) golf course views we've gotten in the past. So I'm wondering if maybe we just shouldn't bother with a view request. Besides, I'd love to be in #45 or #46 sometime, even though they're not golf course views. But my only hesitation is that maybe without view requests, they'll stick us in some undesirable spot by a highway. So, what have people gotten?

I haven't had a bad view yet at OKW.

Plus I would much rather have a bad view at OKW then a good view at work.

I requested high floor only once and got #4525. Right on the river. Beautiful view. I've said it before I was in shock over my luck. First room at OKW. I felt special for sure.

In December I put some friends at OKW. They needed a smoking room so I didn't really request much after that besides avoiding one that was close to the outside road. I loved their view as well. #19 I think. Quiet pool, some water...absolutely beautiful.

I would love to see #11 or #12...anyone?

We have enjoyed the Turtle Pond area many times.

I try not to obsess about it in advance because we usually need to get an afternoon nap in for our DS so we try for very little requests so we can get an early check-in. We have had 2 really great views and one so-so. The last 2 times we were given a few choices of rooms upon check-in which was really really nice. If you study the map and people's favorites a bit, it will help if you are given a choice. Sometimes it's hard to think quickly on the spot like that.

I've never made a request since owning (1994). Will say that some of the best views I've had were in the top floor of 32, top of 52 (could see the MK fireworks clearly and Epcot's through the trees) and 63 where I am now.

We usually request a water view, and usually are very happy with what we've received. We have also been on the golf course a few times, over on Old Turtle Pond Road. On one occasion, though, our 2-bedroom (I think it was in bldg. 46) was very dark; almost cave-like. It did overlook the water, but the trees were quite overgrown and the rooms were really dark. It was tough to tell what the weather was like outside; it always looked like it was raining! A little too shady! :rolleyes: But the room itself was just fine.

We don't make view requests. We usually get great views unless we are in a studio, and then I don't expect them.

We just got back from our first trip to OKW on Monday. It moved way up the list of favorites. If you like a golf course view, the one from 4811 is fantastic. You can see all of the fourth hole from the tee to green.:thumbsup2

We've also never made a view request. Usually, we request to be close to the central building (Hospitality House at OKW) to be close to the fitness center when the workout mood strikes. AT OKW, we invariably get a 2nd-floor golf course view.

I'm gonna start requesting an "Otter View!"

Yes, that's so cool! I never knew there were otters around at OKW. Has anyone else seen them anywhere besides right by Building #45?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter