If you were forced to pick one meal at AKL????

Jillian

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Which would it be and where? We are completely open to ANY meal. We will do either buffet or sit down.

If you were to choose your favorite meal at AKL, which would it be and where?

Our time is very limited and we want to make sure we see AKL and enjoy at least one meal here.

Thanks in advance for the info!!

Jillian

Hi there...

Well I would skip Mara (the food court) it is nothing notable

It would depend on who is dining and your budget.

At Boma there is a great variety and a flat price + alcohol, it is good for those with big appetites who like to try many things...

Jiko ~ is fine dining and will cost more than Boma, they have a limited menu though with some unusual dishes and if you have a "meat and potatoes" person in your party they may not be happy.

Boma is loud and busy... Jiko is quiet and elegant

I absolutely loved Jiko - I just ate there a few days ago and had the filet with macaroni and cheese and the olive flatbread appetizer, we were too full for dessert. My friend had the monkfish and we both enjoyed dinner very much.

I have eaten at Boma before (last August) and loved it.. great soups, salads, meats.. etc.. I was not feeling well the night I ate at Boma last week so I didn't have anything except a drink.

I think I would say I prefer Jiko because it is more sophisticated and full service. But I don't have a bad thing to say about Boma - you are in a win/win situation. :)

>>^..^<<

I agree that it's a win/win situation. We love both Jiko and Boma very much, so it depends on whether we want a big variety and a more casual meal or feel like "splurging". Not everyone likes the choices at Jiko. www.wdwig.com has menus, so you can see what Jiko has to offer, as well as the prices. Good luck deciding!

OK, if I could eat anywhere at AKL it would be Jiko.

DH and I think that the food is awesome.:D

Seriously though I would eat any of the AKL restaurants. The Zebra Domes (dark chocolate on top of light chocolate dessert) are to die for!!!!!!!. The Zebra Domes are part of the buffet at Boma. Boma also has great prime rib. The African soups are all quite yummy.

They sell the "extra" zebra domes in the refrigerated section of Mara.

Great Afircan wine at Jiko. Not to mention the food.

Enjoy!

Renee

I have eaten at Boma's and Jiko's and I would pick Boma's. The food was great at both places, but I didn't think that Jiko's was twice as good since it was twice as expensive :(. If you find that you like Boma's then maybe you can try Jiko's the next time.

I also believe you're in a win/win situation when choosing between Boma and Jiko's. Jiko's food was outstanding and the atmosphere was very relaxing. Boma has a tremendous variety of foods for all diners whether they are looking for traditional fare or want to try something new.

If I had to choose between the two and enjoy only one meal at AKL I would go with Boma because of the variety of foods that I could try at just the one meal.

Relax, this decision is a win/win no matter what you choose.

Although I haven't been to Jiko yet, I would have to say that Boma is one of my very favorite restaurants in all of WDW!!
I agree that Boma would be my first choice because of the variety and ability to pick and choose what you want for one set price.

Zebra domes are small thin round pieces of white cake (about the size of a half dollar) with a coffee mousse sort of like concoction shaped into a 'dome' on top with a drizzle of chocolate over that. Scrumpdilly-itious!! :teeth:

I would vote for Boma!!

I have eaten at both numerous times and they are terrific.
But...you cannot beat the variety and taste sensations offered at Boma.

The soups are terrific along with the desserts..It's fabulous!

Jiko is so good...but much more limited and unusual.Not the standard bill of fare.Enjoy!

Jiko, because the atmosphere and employees are so wonderful. The food is excellent. Very relaxing, no rushing!

I have one word for you .........BOMA!!!!! We are a family of four, and I can promise you that we have some picky eaters, and they all love BOMA. BOMA is out of this world, it is just outstanding. If you have to eat at only one place at AKL this is the place. Jiko was good, but it is just so expensive. I honestly believe that BOMA is better, and my pocketbook loves it. This is just my own little opinion.

Thank you for the wonderful suggestions. I will take them all to heart!!

Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter