• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ikea worked for me! see pics

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
I like the store :banana: Last year I was doing my DD's room over and I got just about everything at Ikea.

Great prices and selections... but what worked so well for me was that the quailty was good for the price. Because my DD is a teen, we can be sure she will 1. want to change the look of the room yet again ;) and 2. she would for sure beat on this furniture and I wouldn't have to cry at the loss of an expensive piece. Although, I sooo love the make up table , I do wish it to last so I can have it one day :thumbsup2

Here are some pics of the room. the colors and dots were her idea. I painted it ALL white, made these dots out of craft foam paper then I used that tack and stick reusable adhesive. Now when she gets sick of the dots, we take them down and have plain white walls again :) leaving it easy to do something else.

The room was a dark brown woodwork stain :eek:, the double closet doors where a killer, painting white over that color was :headache: even with primer. We are replacing the windows, so I didn't paint the inside of them, see how darl it was! The room is so bright now :woohoo:

The day bed and guitar were not form Ikea, everything else was! Look at the cute mirror that comes out of the wall and folds back when your done, that way 10 bucks! :love: the two big peices, the make up table and jewelry stand were 139.00 each :woohoo: :woohoo: later on, we did end up getting the matching dresser for her too. LOVE the way the draws in this furniture work, they glide easy and dont warp like some cheaper stuff do.

It is real bright white and hot pink, the pics do not pick up the color as much.

So see Pete, you should give Ikea another try! :thumbsup2

final-done-dots-11-6-06-5-0.jpg

final-done-dots-11-6-06-2-0.jpg

final-done-dots-11-6-06-1-0.jpg

final-done-dots-11-6-06-9-0.jpg

done-10-30-06-draw-0.jpg

done-10-30-06-draw1-0.jpg

done-10-30-06-mirror-0.jpg

done-10-30-06-table-dots-0.jpg

Great Job!!!!
I am an Interior Designer and I use Ikea all the time, Shhhhh....dont tell anyone!:lmao:

yeah - pete, you should give Ikea another try - Who wouldn't want a room like that.

You know Pete is seeing these pictures, hoping Walter will let him paint pink polka dots all over... or maybe not ;)

-ExBellhop

I have been trying to talk my daughter into a polka dot room for ages now! Maybe if she sees how awesome your daughter's room looks, she'll go for it.

Great room and I'm so glad Ikea is close by!

Thanks!! I really love that I can remove the dots so easy later :thumbsup2 And with the foam pieces you can do any color or mixed colors. Plus 3 dots a sheet makes it cheap too!

All her friends want me to do their room too LOL It was a hit with everyone who sees it.

You know Pete is seeing these pictures, hoping Walter will let him paint pink polka dots all over... or maybe not ;)

-ExBellhop

At least Pete will be able to do it himself, the people who are doing his house now have moved in by now havent they LOL

Joe's very handy and really enjoys putting together Ikea furniture, so he always wants to go there. We bought our entertainment center and all our bedroom furniture (except the bed) from them over the past year, and I've been happy with the quality for the price we paid.

Our bedroom is an asian theme, and we got an Expedit bookcase and Malm dressers and nightstands all in matching dark brown.

Oh, and we've bought several lamps, they were a real deal, and some canvas photos of orchids.

Next on our list are some rugs and down feather pillows.

Joe's very handy and really enjoys putting together Ikea furniture, so he always wants to go there. We bought our entertainment center and all our bedroom furniture (except the bed) from them over the past year, and I've been happy with the quality for the price we paid.

Our bedroom is an asian theme, and we got an Expedit bookcase and Malm dressers and nightstands all in matching dark brown.

Oh, and we've bought several lamps, they were a real deal, and some canvas photos of orchids.

Next on our list are some rugs and down feather pillows.

Thats funny because my DH hates when I bring home a box for him to put together :confused3 I do it anyway though ;)

OK how do you get her to keep it so tidy
love the room by the way

OK how do you get her to keep it so tidy
love the room by the way

:rotfl: you kidding me! Those pics were taken the moment I completed the room...She went on and on about how clean she was going to keep it HA! now it is only that clean when I force her to clean it LOL. She is not organized like me, so I hate to even look in there most days ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter