I'll find out today at 5:00pm EST. if we will be returning to the world in 2009!!

popcorn:: there goes the diet i was on trying to hold for my free dining ressie next week where isssssss heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :rolleyes1

comicbookguy-worst-thread-ever.jpg

First of all, I never expected this post to get this much attention. Thanks to everyone who supported me and showed interest.

After a long evening of discussing which places we would like to travel in 2009we finally reached a decision around 10:30.

Both of us had Disney on our list. :thumbsup2 However, I had it ranked #1 and she had Disney ranked as her 3rd vacation destination of 2009. (the nerve of her:mad: ). Her main reason for placing Disney 3rd was because we were just there in 2007 and 2006. People...she had me. I was unsure of how to counter her statement. It was completely based on fact.

First I tried simple persuasion. "Honey, I love Disney. You love Disney. We'll have a great time." That attempt really didn't work. Next, I tried shooting down her number one place, The Virgin Islands. To be honest, there wasn't much I could think of that was bad about the place. We had never vacationed there and everything I did hear about the Virgin Islands was pretty positive. I began to further strategize and decided I needed to attack her first love, food. She loves to eat and Disney offers so many choices of fine cuisine. I went for it. I talked about World Showcase and all the resorts that offer breakfast. It started to work. The smile came back on her face as I mentioned the wonderful desserts we ate together. I how great the Funnel Cake taste when sun goes down and we prepare to watch wishes. I poured it on heavy like the Chocolate Syrup on a Vanilla Banana Split and her ate it up. Nevertheless, it still wasn't enough. :sad2:

We were about an hour into our meeting and I was losing big time. I needed to gain some ground before it was too late. She was well prepare for this meeting. This is a very smart girl who is studying to become a Doctor and she certainly was operating on every statement I place on the table. I excused myself from the table and took refuge in the men's room. Thank goodness it was empty because I needed to openly hear myself vent. I splashed a bit of water on my face and looked long and hard into the mirror that was in front of me. I thought to myself....buddy, we lost this one. I was prepared to give up so I took the long walk back to the dinner table with thoughts of a fading MK in head. As a closing speech I said, "the reason why I put Disney first on my list is because I feel it brings us together. 2006 and 2007 where some of the happiest times and I would give anything to feel that way again. IMO returning to Disney would make us feel that way once again. Its an unbeatable feeling. Will the Virigan Islands make us happy? Sure they will. But they can never provide us with the level of happiness we had at Disney."

After that, she told me that while I was in the bathroom she changed her mind. She said Disney is hard to pass up and my statement drove it home. The memories are just to great. Needless to say, we are heading back to our favorite place in 2009!!! Now the only question is when? May or August?

WOW, I don't think I have ever felt so tense reading a post on the DISBoards. At one point I realized I was holding my breath! You have a gift - you should write a mystery novel or something :laughing:

YAY, you're going to WDW!!!!!

(PS: I vote for May!)

WOW, I don't think I have ever felt so tense reading a post on the DISBoards. At one point I realized I was holding my breath! You have a gift - you should write a mystery novel or something :laughing:

LOL, Thanks a lot! I might just do a novel!

OH Man! I totally agree!! I was either holding my breath and scrolling while trying not to lose my place, or laughing(the refuge in the men's room was hysterical).
But,,:cheer2: for you!!! Definitely do May-the last week picks up because Fl schools let out early and Mother's Day weekend is pretty crowded-Any other time should be great. We went one year from the 19th to about the 25th-the last 2 days were busiest, but it was still great!!

Let us know when you are going---I don't think the suspense of that question will be as hard on us as this!

I loved it in may when we went. butttt in august there may be free dining.. which would make the deal even sweeter! even if it is just the free counter service it is something and would cost only for your table services..all that funnel cake could be free ;) congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter