Illuminations from Epcot Resorts?

Disney Adventurer

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving early evening on our first day and staying at the BC. We should be there in plenty of time to catch Illuminations. We don't have AP's and don't want to use a whole days entry just to watch Illuminations, is there anywhere from the Epcot resort area where you can see Illumination fairly good. Bridge between BW and BC? Any other suggestions?

I think the bridge is your best bet. There is however, a little known secret in the theme park industry which is asking for a shoppers pass. It's a 30 minute pass that allows you in the park for free to shop. Once you are in the park you have complete access to all rides and attractions, but are charged full admission if you don't exit within 30 minutes. (They take a credit card imprint at Guest Relations) I did this last trip when I arrived at the BC fairly late for check in. I didn't want to use a day on our park hopper passes, but wanted to check out Epcot to explore the layout of the park. I work in Guest Services for a major theme park and know for a fact that this is a common practice.

The idea is a good one for getting into Epcot for the 30 minutes (most guests don't know about it) but I doubt that they will give you a 30 minute pass that late. Most of the shops shut down at 9pm & that is when Illuminations start. There is a decent view of the fireworks from the bridge, but you cannot see "show" from there.

Originally posted by Disney Adventurer
We will be arriving early evening on our first day and staying at the BC. We should be there in plenty of time to catch Illuminations. We don't have AP's and don't want to use a whole days entry just to watch Illuminations, is there anywhere from the Epcot resort area where you can see Illumination fairly good. Bridge between BW and BC? Any other suggestions?

What you can see from the BW area are the arieal fireworks and lasers from the Illuminations show. We had water view room at the YC in Sept of 2000 and we sat on our balcony everynight and watched the fireworks from the Illuminations show. It was very cool. Hope you have a good trip.

I think the bridge is a good spot. We decided to watch it from there at the last minute one night when we were staying at Boardwalk. You can see most of it and it gives a different perspective than close up at water's edge.

You are going to my favorite resort.

The bridge is an excellent place to view Illuminations. You can see it somewhat from the beach area in front of the resort. Or, depending on your room you can see it from there. BUT the bridge is the best bet. In fact, we were there last July 4th and watched not only Illuminations from the bridge but we also could see the Magic Kingdom fireworks.

Have a great time

PamNC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter