I'm confused! Ocean View Explorer-Cozumel

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
OK, we've been trying to decide between the Atlantis sub and the Ocean view Explorer in Cozumel. I was under the impression that they were both "sub" type things but one went down further than the other. I just got a response from someone on the cruise critic board that likened the Ocean View Explorer to a glass bottom boat and now I'm confused. I didn't think it was a boat based on the DCL description which is:
Ocean View Explorer Tour (1.5-2 hours)

See the sea from just under the sea! Come aboard the Ocean View Explorer for a panoramic view below the surface - while staying comfortably cool and dry! Crystal-clear windows in front of each seat allow you to see fish and other marine life swim by as you glide by the breathtaking coral formations of Paradiso Reef and other spectacular sights.

Adult Price: $39 (ages 10 and above)
Child Price: $29 (ages 3-9)†
Departure Time: 11:00 am, 12:45 pm

Can anyone tell me which this is? Sub or Boat? Has anyone done it?

Thanks!

We did this in Cozumel.It is called the Atlantis too but is considered a semisub I think. Our son was too small to do the sub so they reccommended this. You do go under water just not far down.It is not a glass bottom boat.You see water all around you though glass windows.I was very claustophobic but awestruck. The kids really enjoyed it. We saw lots of fish a sea turtle, sting rays, a ship wreck etc . The water was very calm and clear so you could see further down as well.
I would do the sub though if you can as I heard that it is 10 times better than this.

Thank you dis4me for responding. Your description is more what I thought it was. We are considering doing this one based on price because we are doing excursions in each port and they really start to add up after a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter