I'm staying at a new RV Resort near me. Is anyone interested in a review?

Stratman50th

Loving all things Fort Wilderness!
This is a brand new RV Resort, only opened about a month. I'm going over there for a one night stay (Saturday the 20th). It's only 5 minutes from my house but I'm checking it out as a possible place to stay for friends and family when they come down to visit.
A couple of things. This isn't an overnight stay as it isn't really too close to a main artery, although it is about 10 miles or so from I-4. I asked who they were marketing to since it really isn't close to anything. They said it's right in the middle between Orlando and Tampa and they are expecting a lot of activity from people doing a lot of central Florida parks and gulf coast beaches. Lots of amenities on property.
I know you all are mostly interested in overnight stays too and from the Fort and this probably isn't it. But it's here and you never know.
It's called the Cabana Club.
https://cabanaclubresort.com/

There's one cool thing on property. A cable tow waterski/kneeboard run on the lake. Never seen one before. The cable gantries are about 50 or so feet in the air and pulls a cable around the lake like a zipline. I'll get some pictures if I can.

There's one cool thing on property. A cable tow waterski/kneeboard run on the lake. Never seen one before. The cable gantries are about 50 or so feet in the air and pulls a cable around the lake like a zipline. I'll get some pictures if I can.
I havent seen one of those since i was a kid. Yea, get pictures of that! I rhink action park had one. I dont remember where it was, but it was fun.

Sounds pretty cool . The old "Wet and Wild" in Orlando had one on their large lake . I cant remember ever seeing it in action ? Pictures would be great !

I havent seen one of those since i was a kid. Yea, get pictures of that! I rhink action park had one. I dont remember where it was, but it was fun.

Maybe your thinking of Wet and Wild in Orlando ?
It wasn't Action Park , if the one in Northern NJ is the one your thinking about.
Action park had a lot of crazy and dangerous "attractions" , but they did not have a lake . I grew up in that location . Actually lived on the Action Park / Vernon Valley Ski Mountain property in a condo right on the slopes . My wife worked in retail in a store directly across from the first aid location ........she told me some horror stories almost daily :scared1: !

Us locals used to call it "Traction Park" / "Class Action Park" ! :rotfl2:
Yes, I remember the "looping" water slide ............and thinking , that aint going to end well !
Action Park was THE place to go when you were a teenager in NJ !

It was somewhere is jersey. Lol. I was lime 10 or so. It could have been down the shore somewhere. It definitely wasnt out of state, because i really never went anywhere but day trips as a kid. But i do remember it. I will have to do some google fu now.

Ok, my google fu has let me down i find nothing. This is weird. Couldn't have been ny or pa. So i will have to ask my brothers, but they didnt go. Hymmmm.

Now i am thinking it was in Florida. Lol. At wet and wild. My dad did take me there once. I think. He had a boat when i was that age, and if we were home we would have gone water-skiing, as he wouldn't spend the money.

Sorry about the tread drift. My mind is not as sharp as i thought it was. I did remember all the water parks at the shore, tbey were all concreate then with foam matts , and how they progressed to the things we know now as just hard tube slides. And the haunted mansions that burned. ( long branch and six flags). Bumber boats.

Action park was great! I wasnt old enough for a lot of the cool stuff. But we did do the water rides, tarzan swing, rapids, clif diving, etc. I remember sneaking into lime a tank thing that shot tennis valls, we were way to young to drive but.....It was a mess when i look at the vids , picture's from then. Back then it was fun, looking back it would be a parents nightmare. Good thing the town had weekly bus trips there! :-)

Don we will be there the nights of 8 and 9 Dec. expect to arrive around 4 pm on the 8th . On the 9th we intend to do last minute shopping for groceries before we hit the FORT early on the 10th so yeah we can do something

1) We visited during a Preview period.
2) Looks like they are spending big bucks.
3) Definitely not convenient to Disney or Universal.
4) Easy drive to Lego-Land.
5) Costs . . .
. . . the RV sites are reasonable for the area
. . . the "cabins" (mobile homes) are not too bad
. . . the lake cable ride (to us) seems outrageous

1) We visited during a Preview period.
2) Looks like they are spending big bucks.
3) Definitely not convenient to Disney or Universal.
4) Easy drive to Lego-Land.
5) Costs . . .
. . . the RV sites are reasonable for the area
. . . the "cabins" (mobile homes) are not too bad
. . . the lake cable ride (to us) seems outrageous
How did you find out about it? We've been seeing it for awhile when going down 570 but had no idea what it was or how to get there. Went by for a look a couple of weeks ago but they had stopped giving drop in tours and changed to appointment only. We did get to look around for a few minutes but nobody to show us around. Figured we'd stay a night to have more time to check it out. Also wanted to get the coach out and run it a little. Better than just driving it around the neighborhood. Finally, checking it out for friends and family who might come down to visit and need a close place to stay.

Don Lucille my bride found out about it like 2 weeks ago when they did A Soft Opening. Some posted info somewhere and we looked it up made a phone call and reservations made. Not looking for super easy access to attractions just somewhere within easy access to Disney, think 45min drive or less. more interested in nearby supermarket, gas station, and maybe a restaurant . After 3 days behind the wheel I want a day to just hang out.
Oh and as for that in house water thing. I go with advice of the GATOR BOY's Consider and standing body of water to have alligators in it and you wont cet consumed ( Consumed means EATEN)

Don Lucille my bride found out about it like 2 weeks ago when they did A Soft Opening. Some posted info somewhere and we looked it up made a phone call and reservations made. Not looking for super easy access to attractions just somewhere within easy access to Disney, think 45min drive or less. more interested in nearby supermarket, gas station, and maybe a restaurant . After 3 days behind the wheel I want a day to just hang out.
Oh and as for that in house water thing. I go with advice of the GATOR BOY's Consider and standing body of water to have alligators in it and you wont cet consumed ( Consumed means EATEN)
As far as supermarkets, there's a super Walmart 5 minutes away. Past that another 5-10 depending on traffic is a Publix. Gas station on the corner where you turn off of Berkley Rd to go into the resort. Lots of fast food restaurants very close, some more bigger sit down chain types on 98 within 25 minutes or so.
Cabana Club is around 5-10 from the house in the opposite direction from Disney. When we went in October it took us 24 minutes to get to Fort Wilderness, so add that to the 10 and you're within you time window. We did have a perfect traffic day down Thunder Road which never seems to happen so take that for what it is.
As far as the Gator Boys, makes for good TV but alligators aren't like sharks swimming around all day looking for unwary tourists. During the day they're mostly hanging out on the sunny side shore soaking up sun. Once the sun goes down they do hang out around shore waiting for the random duck, opossum, dog or cat to get too close. Most are scared of people unless some fool has fed them, which is against the law here. Previous comment doesn't apply to a big old 50 year old 12-14ft bull. They have 0 F's to give. Luckily they are normally spotted before they become a problem. If you know they're there, you shouldn't be taking a walk along the shoreline.
Wow, that was way too much information, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter