I'm thankful for...MICKEY!!! My Thanksgiving '08 TR!: TR Update, Last Day!

Old Town has some great restaurants....Old Town Mexican Cafe is pretty good. There's a good hole in the wall restaurant that's an institution in SD called El Indio..they have a great Chicken/Cheese burrito. It's off of Washington blvd exit off the 5 just south of Old Town.

One of my favorite hotels-the Catamaran...

Well, DH is a sickie right now...he's got strep and I feel so bad for him! :sick:

So we're staying in for the night and you know what that means...DISing all night!

I'll be back soon with our plans!

I booked our hotel last week! :woohoo:

We're all set up for SIX NIGHTS at POP Century! This will be my longest Disney trip ever!!! :banana: I know to some of you, that's a short jaunt! :rotfl:

We will call POP home from November 27, 2008 to December 3, 2008.

We (I) chose POP because I know Gaston will be happy with the price! He and I stayed there on his only Disney trip, and we both liked it. Also, my friends and I stayed at AKL last trip and I felt so guilty the whole time because we didn't spend enough time at the hotel. It was such an amazing place and we didn't take the time to enjoy it. So value it is!

Gaston, his mom, and I will be flying on Southwest rapid reward credits, so we can't fly the day before Thanksgiving (blackout date). That means we'll be flying on Thanksgiving day. I think there's only one non-stop flight from Phoenix to Orlando each day, and that has us arriving at 4 or 5. Unfortunately, the Southwest flight schedule only goes till August right now, so we can't book the flights yet. I will be so happy when we can book those!!!

My parents will be flying from Chicago, so they'll have lots of options for flights. I miss those short flights from Chicago to Orlando!

We'll all be using Magical Express for the first time. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm nervous about them getting my luggage! Also, I like that the limos will stop at the grocery store on the way. But in the name of a less expensive trip, ME it is!

I can't make ADRs yet, but I'm already planning them! (I can't believe I started my PTR before I could make ADRs!)

Of course, we need to have a Thanksgiving dinner somewhere! Does anyone have any ideas where we should eat for Thanksgiving dinner? Oh, we won't have park hoppers for the first day, so it has to be somewhere not in a park.

As for plans for the dogs, we have yet to discuss where they'll stay. One thing I know for sure is that Roxy will have new things to add to her Disney collection after this trip!

PC250244.jpg

And so will Indy!

PB070230.jpg

PB070226.jpg

That's it so far!

Old Town has some great restaurants....Old Town Mexican Cafe is pretty good. There's a good hole in the wall restaurant that's an institution in SD called El Indio..they have a great Chicken/Cheese burrito. It's off of Washington blvd exit off the 5 just south of Old Town.

One of my favorite hotels-the Catamaran...

We're using reward points for the hotel...I think we might stay at the W. Know anything about that?

I'm going to write down all these recommendations! Thank you! I love Mexican food!

I could not wait till I could book the plane. The ME I have used twice and loved both times.

Hope he feels better soon. I hate strep.

Saw your title and had to come read your trip report.

My husband doesn't like disney trips at all. I have gone without him the last two times, but am thinking of dragging him back in a couple of years. Though I'll continue to go without him until then. Looking forward to your ideas for the trip.

Your dogs are so Cute! And the Halloween trip sounds fun.

Yep Southwest on sale thru Aug 22nd. Already checked today. Is there any way to know when it will change???

Happy Planning! Hope your husband feels better:sick:

Kathy

I've never stayed longer than 4 nights at once so I think 6 is fantastic!

I am reading a report by Sara (mom2mek) and they went this past Thanksgiving. They had thanksgiving dinner at Ft. Wilderness. That will actually be her next post in her TR so you should check it out. :)

Love Roxy and Indy's Disney stuff!

Hope hubby feels better!

Hi Julie! I'm sooooo excited to get to follow along with another one of your trips, your last report was one of my absolute favorites! And even I'M shocked that DH is going along after hearing so much about he hates it in your last report... go you and your powers of Disney persuasion! :woohoo: :woohoo: :lmao: It'll be great getting a whole big portion of your family down there and all getting to enjoy the parks (and Thanksgiving) together. Keep us updated on your plans!

You had to be bribed into going on a trip?!? Well, good thing she bribed you because now you know what a magical place it is!

Yes, it's true - I had to be bribed INITIALLY :rotfl2: But, in my defense, I didn't know anything about WDW and therefore I can claim ignorance of what I was missing :lmao: We've been to Disneyland Resort Paris, but only for the day so it doesn't really count :laughing:

As it turned out, my youngest SIL and I have turned into the co-planners/organizers of this trip - good thing I love my sisters-in-law too :woohoo:

Loving your installments, can't wait for the next one popcorn::

Completely off topic, but

I ran 13 miles today!!!!!

:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2:

Of course, I now feel like I need a knee replacement, but I am so thrilled that I did it and lived to tell about it. That means I will be able to finish the race in May!!! Yay!!!!

I love your costumes. How clever!!!

Your dogs are just too cute!!!

And your plans look great :)

Thanks!

Thanks!

and Thanks! :goodvibes

I could not wait till I could book the plane. The ME I have used twice and loved both times.

Hope he feels better soon. I hate strep.

Oh, I can't wait to book the flights!

I've never heard any complaints about ME, so I should just trust Disney on this one!

Yeah, strep stinks.

Saw your title and had to come read your trip report.

My husband doesn't like disney trips at all. I have gone without him the last two times, but am thinking of dragging him back in a couple of years. Though I'll continue to go without him until then. Looking forward to your ideas for the trip.

Your dogs are so Cute! And the Halloween trip sounds fun.

Yep Southwest on sale thru Aug 22nd. Already checked today. Is there any way to know when it will change???

Happy Planning! Hope your husband feels better:sick:

Kathy

I completely agree...if the husbands won't go to Disney, you can't let that hold you back!!! I see at as more money for me to spend on shopping while there! I guess we just have to give them breaks here and there!

I don't know how to tell when it will change for the Southwest flights. I think we have a while though. I know we flew to Chicago for Thanksgiving a couple years ago, and we bought the tix as soon as we were able. But I can't remember when that was!

I've never stayed longer than 4 nights at once so I think 6 is fantastic!

I am reading a report by Sara (mom2mek) and they went this past Thanksgiving. They had thanksgiving dinner at Ft. Wilderness. That will actually be her next post in her TR so you should check it out. :)

Love Roxy and Indy's Disney stuff!

Hope hubby feels better!

I agree...6 nights is a dream come true!

I'll check out that Thanksgiving report. Ft. Wilderness sounds like it would be fun for Tgiving dinner! Thanks for the heads up!

DH is in the crabby stage of his illness right now...I'm just trying to stay away from him right now!

Hi Julie! I'm sooooo excited to get to follow along with another one of your trips, your last report was one of my absolute favorites! And even I'M shocked that DH is going along after hearing so much about he hates it in your last report... go you and your powers of Disney persuasion! :woohoo: :woohoo: :lmao: It'll be great getting a whole big portion of your family down there and all getting to enjoy the parks (and Thanksgiving) together. Keep us updated on your plans!

Thanks for joining me! You're so sweet!

I know...I keep feeling like I should pinch myself to make sure that I didn't dream up the idea that DH is coming along!

I am SO excited about going with so many family members! The more the merrier, I always say!

Yes, it's true - I had to be bribed INITIALLY :rotfl2: But, in my defense, I didn't know anything about WDW and therefore I can claim ignorance of what I was missing :lmao: We've been to Disneyland Resort Paris, but only for the day so it doesn't really count :laughing:

As it turned out, my youngest SIL and I have turned into the co-planners/organizers of this trip - good thing I love my sisters-in-law too :woohoo:

Loving your installments, can't wait for the next one popcorn::

Okay, I'll forgive you for having to be bribed initially!:rotfl:

Good in-laws rock!

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Completely off topic, but

I ran 13 miles today!!!!!

:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2:

Of course, I now feel like I need a knee replacement, but I am so thrilled that I did it and lived to tell about it. That means I will be able to finish the race in May!!! Yay!!!!

That is great! You should be very proud! :)

I am so in on this PTR!!! It sounds like you are going to have great fun!! We will be a Pop a couple of weeks before you are. I can't wait to read more!!

I am so in on this PTR!!! It sounds like you are going to have great fun!! We will be a Pop a couple of weeks before you are. I can't wait to read more!!

Hey!

Thanks for joining me! So glad to see you here!

You and Bill can get POP all ready for my arrival! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter