Impressions of VGF from this past weekend

Ok, here's the pics of the walkways so far. This was about a week ago I took these. The first 2 are of the walkway leading out of the VGF. The third one is the pic from the Monorail station of the covered walkway.

Regarding #4 they should take a page from Ritz Carlton's book.
In Ireland we didnt have our umbrella with us on our way out to explore and at the entrance they had complimentary umbrella's. If The grand floridian is the ephimy of disney service and for what one pays for a room these little things should be evident at this resort.
The ritz room was even cheaper than the disney rooms at the gf and ritz is miles ahead of disney in service.

Someone at WDW figured that service out. They have complimentary umbrellas (moatly for shade) and ice water dispensers at the BOG lunch line.

Dear OP,
It sounds to me like you are just not interested in GF-DVC and would not be interested in staying at GFV. That is OK - there are plenty of us DVC owners who are interested. DH and I are empty nesters who enjoy going by ourselves and spend lots of time just hanging out at the resort. We hop over to the parks when we feel like it. The best thing to us about owning DVC is that we can go several times a year, stay at a different resort every time, thus giving us a different vacation experience each time. Each DVC resort offers unique characteristics and experiences. We like being able to choose our adventure! We have stayed at AKV (our home), BCV, BLT, BW, OKW, SSR, HHI, and Aulani. Love them all for different reasons!

We were at WDW a couple of weeks ago and went to check out the VGF. The walk to the main building from the DVC resort was nothing! I remember commenting to my DH that it was really close. It's really an easy walk, I can't see how anyone would really have an issue with it. :confused3

One building of the Polynesian is very close to the monorail. I don't remember ever reading about the noise or vibrations.

disneys-polynesian-resort.jpg

I would love a view of the monorail. Would make my balcony coffee so much sweeter. Although we own at BLT, DW and I are looking to hopefully snag a VGF Studio Standard next Sept '14 for a couple of nights to round out our Vero Beach trip.

I would love a view of the monorail. Would make my balcony coffee so much sweeter. Although we own at BLT, DW and I are looking to hopefully snag a VGF Studio Standard next Sept '14 for a couple of nights to round out our Vero Beach trip.

Lol, I totally agree!

I was just able to snag Valentine's Day weekend in a standard view and hoped I would be able to monorail watch from my balcony while having coffee.

During an earlier visit, I will have a weekend in a Lake View studio.

Pricey points - won't be buying as I have plenty of points for my needs. But I will be staying occasionally, just as I do at other resorts.

I have trips booked for Food and wine in November, New Year's and the week before President's Day. Can't wait for the next two months to evaporate!

Humm sort of interesting thread, we purchased points here when they were first offered and we will be staying in a standard view studio November 7-8 then going to a lake view 1 bed room November 9-10. My long suffering bride:lmao: requested the standard view because she wants just what you mentioned.:rotfl2: Sit on the balcony drinking something hot or adult watching the Monorail pass by. :dance3: In fact I have requested a 2 or 3 floor corner room to give her what she wishes. :woohoo: This is Disney after all, her wish is my command!:worship:

Now if I could just figure out how to add the resort to our signature.:confused3

Moe

My boys would also live a monorail view. We spend holidays chasing different monorails to take photos.

All of these possibilities will be confirmed or denied soon...we check in on opening day which is now only 45 days away!!! I can't wait other than I have a million things to get done before taking off. I know ,any of us will be posting our experiences once we are there and enjoying our newest DVC resort.

The best thing to us about owning DVC is that we can go several times a year, stay at a different resort every time, thus giving us a different vacation experience each time. Each DVC resort offers unique characteristics and experiences. We like being able to choose our adventure! We have stayed at AKV (our home), BCV, BLT, BW, OKW, SSR, HHI, and Aulani. Love them all for different reasons!

OT, but what does owning DVC have to do with this? I don't own DVC but have stayed at BCV, WLV, BWV all within a years time.

Me too. One trip we stayed at the Poly and our balcony looked at the monorail. My boys loved sitting out there watching them go by. They even took pictures of all of the different color monorails.

I might never get into the parks if I had a balcony to watch monorails go by....

But as for noise from the Monorail... I have stayed in the Comtemporary Tower on the 8th floor monorail side and never heard the monorails... but I sure DID hear "Celebrate! Celebrate! Celebrate with Mickeeeeeeeeeeeee MOUSE!"
again
and again
and again and again

I might never get into the parks if I had a balcony to watch monorails go by....

But as for noise from the Monorail... I have stayed in the Comtemporary Tower on the 8th floor monorail side and never heard the monorails... but I sure DID hear "Celebrate! Celebrate! Celebrate with Mickeeeeeeeeeeeee MOUSE!"
again
and again
and again and again

I HEAR ya!!!:rotfl:

I only hope that they left some room at the GFV for a pool. We went over for lunch one day and the slide pool was packed, cannot imagine what it will be like when GFV is open.
I think all the views will be decent and the monorail being so close is a big plus in my op.

One of the site map drawings had a covered walkway to the GF. I have not heard that feature has been removed.

I do still wonder if it will feel too far to many...especially if you are going to V&A or Citricos on a stormy evening.

We were there the first week in September and saw what i believe to be the covered walkway being built. If you go in the side entrance of the main building it is not that far. Once you get to the main building you can get to most everything (not narcooosees) under a roof.

AllyBri said:
I only hope that they left some room at the GFV for a pool. We went over for lunch one day and the slide pool was packed, cannot imagine what it will be like when GFV is open.

No additional pool, just the two current ones.

We haven't stayed there since 08, but fwiw the" quiet" pool never seemed that busy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

I think all the views will be decent and the monorail being so close is a big plus in my op.

Maybe when we DVC riff raff move in, it will chase the regular GF Guests back over to the main pool. :goodvibes

OP, when I first saw the VGF building, I thought it a long walk from the main building as well, even after riding the monorail past it several times I still thought the same thing.

When we bought VGF, we drove over to the GF and walked over as close as we could get to the VGF building, and I managed the walk with no problems at all, and I have a herniated disk in my back. I think the covered walkway will make it a nice little stroll.

One other point no one has brought up, if you have your own automobile, you park right outside the VGF building. We always have our own car, so this is a nice plus for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter