Inaugural Disney Wine&Dine**1/2 Marathon** Post Race Discussion!

I am seriously considering this one. We already for our DVC room booked for that weekend, and it's my birthday weekend! I just need to decide about the race.

We will be doing this race! I will run the whole half, while my parents will do the relay, which I call the quarter! We're looking foward to the fun party after!

We do not have a resort booked, as I'm awaiting travel information. Will they only offer event transportation from a few resorts like the Princess, or will it be at all resorts like Marathon weekend? How is it usually for the ToT13k?

This will be my second inaugural event, as I ran this year's Princess Half. It is very fun, and enjoyed it more than the WDW Marathon and DLR Half. There's just something about a bunch of women running for the fun of it, and not for the competition.

Wow! What an awesome week in New York City! I got two runs in (3 miles each) at Central Park. The weather was a bit cooler and windier than I had planned, but I did okay. We walked ourselves crazy all over Manhattan, so I got in tons of those miles.

The parade was sooo cool! It was better than I imagined it would be. After the parade, we wandered Central Park as the sun peaked out for a little while, and sat on benches and read books. Then we had Thanksgiving dinner at the Waldorf-Astoria. Simply amazing!

On Black Friday, we checked out lots of stores on Fifth, Madison, and Park Avenues, especially the cool Christmas window displays. We also picked up some small trinkets at Tiffany's. What girl's trip to NYC would be complete without that? Our day was topped off with a matinee performance of the Rockettes at the Radio City Music Hall and dinner at the Russian Tea Room.

Frankly, the whole trip seemed a bit surreal. A true Bucket List trip!

Now it's back to getting ready for the big holiday and methodic training and "core miles" building.

Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving holiday!

Does anyone know the hotel list yet? Then again, it may not matter since it is a night race.............. I called DVC today, and found out that I can book for October now using borrowed points from 2011. Sad, but we use every opportunity to come down :) So it does look like it will be a family trip ;)

Wow! What an awesome week in New York City! I got two runs in (3 miles each) at Central Park. The weather was a bit cooler and windier than I had planned, but I did okay. We walked ourselves crazy all over Manhattan, so I got in tons of those miles.

The parade was sooo cool! It was better than I imagined it would be. After the parade, we wandered Central Park as the sun peaked out for a little while, and sat on benches and read books. Then we had Thanksgiving dinner at the Waldorf-Astoria. Simply amazing!

On Black Friday, we checked out lots of stores on Fifth, Madison, and Park Avenues, especially the cool Christmas window displays. We also picked up some small trinkets at Tiffany's. What girl's trip to NYC would be complete without that? Our day was topped off with a matinee performance of the Rockettes at the Radio City Music Hall and dinner at the Russian Tea Room.

Frankly, the whole trip seemed a bit surreal. A true Bucket List trip!

Now it's back to getting ready for the big holiday and methodic training and "core miles" building.

Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving holiday!
Sounds like an amazing trip. How's your knee?

Does anyone know the hotel list yet? Then again, it may not matter since it is a night race.............. I called DVC today, and found out that I can book for October now using borrowed points from 2011. Sad, but we use every opportunity to come down :) So it does look like it will be a family trip ;)
Were staying on points also. Right now we have BCV for Sat and SSR for the rest of the time. We have to wait until march to move all the stay to BCV. Crossing fingers we wont have to move half way thru our trip

Sounds like an amazing trip. How's your knee?

Amanda-

The knee seems to be doing great! I really didn't notice it at all in NYC, but I chaulked that up to being excited and looking at the skyline while running, and not really paying attention. Since I've been back, I've run a couple of times and have NO pain, not even sensation of soreness, so the cortisone seems to have fixed the problem. For now. I can only hope it lasts longer than 1-2 months.

How's your running going? Especially during this busy holiday season?

Only 10 months to go, eh?

The hotels that will provide transportation are All-Star Music, Port Orleans, Poly and the Yacht Club. The info was on the official race site on one of the obscure pages.

Amanda-

The knee seems to be doing great! I really didn't notice it at all in NYC, but I chaulked that up to being excited and looking at the skyline while running, and not really paying attention. Since I've been back, I've run a couple of times and have NO pain, not even sensation of soreness, so the cortisone seems to have fixed the problem. For now. I can only hope it lasts longer than 1-2 months.

How's your running going? Especially during this busy holiday season?

Only 10 months to go, eh?
Glad to hear the knee is better. I havnt run in a while but need to get the training started again. It seems that life keeps getting in the way.

The hotels that will provide transportation are All-Star Music, Port Orleans, Poly and the Yacht Club. The info was on the official race site on one of the obscure pages.
Thats why were staying at the bcv so we can just catch the bus at yacht club

DB-

How's your walking going?!? I know the Christmas holidays have gotten a bit in the way. I just want to make sure you don't lose your enthusiasm and we get to meet at the Wine and Dine run!

I have not posted to the boards in a long time...I have really fallen off of the fitness bandwagon. Well, I'm back and officially registered for the Wine & Dine. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.:dance3:

Hi everyone -

I am going to sign up for this run, but I have decided to wait until after the Princess. I am hoping to finish at 2:30 or under, but I will only be 7 months and 5 days post op from major cervical surgery (I have a plate, 6 screws + two pieces of cadaver bone in my neck, Fused C4-C7) so the princess is a milestone for me. Not to mention my 1st 1/2 :banana::banana:

I think I am staying at the AKV, since it does not matter where you stay since it is a night race.

Hi everyone -

I am going to sign up for this run, but I have decided to wait until after the Princess. I am hoping to finish at 2:30 or under, but I will only be 7 months and 5 days post op from major cervical surgery (I have a plate, 6 screws + two pieces of cadaver bone in my neck, Fused C4-C7) so the princess is a milestone for me. Not to mention my 1st 1/2 :banana::banana:

I think I am staying at the AKV, since it does not matter where you stay since it is a night race.

Good luck with the princess. You may want to rethink where your staying after the race because there wont be transportation running at that time of night out of Epcot except to host hotels

Good luck with the princess. You may want to rethink where your staying after the race because there wont be transportation running at that time of night out of Epcot except to host hotels

thank you - thank you - thank you!!! :goodvibes

i have 4 children and never thought of that, plus the party is over at 3am so I need to consider where we stay ---- OOOPPPPSSS, thank goodness for people who are planners (clearly I'm not- LOL) :love::love:

I'll be staying at Bay Lake Tower. Will the monorails be running? And if so, will I only be able to get as far as the T&TC? Can't really walk from the Poly or the T&TC, so is taxi our only post-party option at 3AM?

We are doing the Royal Family 5K and it will be our first big race and first in Disney. I was hoping since momoflizandains said she loved the Up 5k if you could give us more details about it?

Was it organized? fun? crowded? crazy?

Did you drive or take the bus? and do they do bag check for the 5K as I have read they do for the marathons?

Thanks for any information. We are new to running but love Disney and are hoping for a great experience.

This race is half the reason I decided to start running and training. :laughing: I can't commit yet, though, as my work schedule in October is still up in the air. If nothing else, hopefully I can get away for a long weekend.

Just got back from the Marathon and booked a "Bounce Back" rate for that weekend. Don't know if I'll go, but at least I have a hotel reservation! SHHHHH, don't tell my DH!

Maura

Mums the word, Maura. I'm not sayin' anything!

...except I hope to see you down there again in October with The Wine and Dine Gang! Congrats on your finish this past weekend. Not ideal conditions, but you did it. Good on you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter