If you can take the vibration simulating of a wood coaster you will be ok. The force is bit different from those smoother 360 turns of Thunder and Everest. Less side push and more brain rattle. The loop has a tight entry feel that might tweak the neck. Rest of that loop is great. The ride will finish you off with those bunny hills and finally turns. It’s even more fun a night!! Some though instead of wanting a..cookie..will feel like giving one.

No matter how many times my oldest two kids might ask: DO NOT ride The Incredicoaster twice in a row.

A few years ago I rode soarin, guardians, and incredicoaster twice, all in a row. It was a very bad choice. I literally had to go find first aid and lay down for 45 minutes or so. I'm not as young as I used to be and the older I've gotten the worse the motion sickness is. 🤢

No matter how many times my oldest two kids might ask: DO NOT ride The Incredicoaster twice in a row.

lol I rode it 3 times in a row single rider in January and was going to do a 4th but it was almost time for Lamplight to open.

What I like about California Screamin' er I mean Incredicoaster is how smooth it is. Yes the loop is intense but really the whole thing is so smooth - no jarring it's a blast. I won't ride space anymore or even Matterhorn - I love both but I get off in pain from the jarring. If you can do EE at AK you should be good.

What I like about California Screamin' er I mean Incredicoaster is how smooth it is. Yes the loop is intense but really the whole thing is so smooth - no jarring it's a blast. I won't ride space anymore or even Matterhorn - I love both but I get off in pain from the jarring. If you can do EE at AK you should be good.
I’m not sure when the last time you road was but the track has started to get rough in certain areas. Notably the bottom of the 3rd drop after the loop and the turns over by Emotional Whirlwjnd. I’ve ridden velocicoaster at UOR a bunch of times over the past 5 months and for the intensity of that coaster it’s significantly smoother than incredicoaster.

The loop is literally like 0.1% (1/10th of 1%) of the ride… if that.
Close your eyes going into it, and you’ll never even know you were upside down.
The first time I rode— back when it was ‘Screamin— I was nervous about it, so I had my eyes closed when I opened them, I thought, “wait… I missed it!” I immediately went back on, and kept my eyes open. Fun!!

I agree with pp that misses when it was ‘Screamin… but I’m not really a big fan of the Incredibles, so the theming really doesn’t do much for me. Definitely preferred the old soundtrack.

Last time I was there with DH, we noticed it’s getting a little rough. Guess it’s showing it’s age. It used to be just smooth as butter.
Space Mountain felt awesome after its track re-line back in 2014. It’s so rough now, I won’t be riding again until it has another track alignment in the future. Incredicoaster may end up on my no-go list as well, if it gets too much rougher. Maybe I’m showing my age 🤣🙃🤣.

The force is bit different from those smoother 360 turns of Thunder ….
I have literally never experienced anything smooth on BTMRR… ever! At least not at DL. I always assumed it was part of the “charm”: Rattle and toss you around like only an Old West runaway mining train can. I thought the rough ride was part of the experience.

Last edited:
My son is really excited for this one, but I was nervous, so thank you for this thread! He rode Everest 6 times in a row on our last trip to WDW when it was a walk on (alternating between mom and dad so we could handle it). I think he might want to do the same with this one.

I’m not sure when the last time you road was but the track has started to get rough in certain areas. Notably the bottom of the 3rd drop after the loop and the turns over by Emotional Whirlwjnd. I’ve ridden velocicoaster at UOR a bunch of times over the past 5 months and for the intensity of that coaster it’s significantly smoother than incredicoaster.

Well, Velicicoaster is new. In 20 years, it will be rough too.

I have to say, we ride Incredicoaster a lot. My youngest son recently tried it for the first time and loved it so much that it is now his favorite ride. I've been on it at least 10 times this year.

The first time we rode with him, we sat in the front seat and it had JUST finished raining. It was a cool morning. That ride was smooth as butter. We immediately rode again and sat in the middle. Same train. Still super smooth.

After awhile, he decided he wanted to try the back row (his favorite on Big Thunder). He loved that the most! The back car is noticeably more rough than the front, but not nearly anything I'd call problematic. My husband with cervical spine issues has no problem on it. He cannot ride Space Mtn, Matterhorn or Goofys anymore. He can still do Big Thunder.

Two weeks ago, we rode Incredicoaster after breakfast and for the first time, my son commented that it was "shaky." He made 2 fists and shook them and said "like this." He is autistic with very high sensitivity to sensory experiences. He is also very detail oriented and noticed that it is only certian TRAINS that feel shaky. I don't remember what he said, but it was something like "trains 1 and 4 are smooth. 6 and 7 are shaky." I'll have to ask him again. He always pays attention to the train number when it pulls into the station and notices the subtle differences between them.

So, I'd say the ride's perceived roughness varies depending on the time of day, the weather, and the train.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter