Indianapolis DIS Meet - Come One Come All!

ADP

<marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu
Welcome to the Indianapolis Labor Day Weekend DIS & DIS Unplugged Meet Thread

Hi Everyone,

My name is Aaron from Fishers, IN. I'm a huge Disney Parks fan who loves everything about Disney World.

Over the last 2 years I've been part of a couple very fun DIS meets. This year I'd like to organize another meet over Labor Day weekend (see specific information below).

The intent of the meet is to get to know other Disney enthusiasts like us and have some fun and laughs along the way. Also, to discuss and share information about our favorite podcast; the DIS Unplugged. I'm looking forward to seeing several of you there.

This meet is open to anyone willing to drive or even fly to the Indianapolis area. We'd love to see you join us. I'm hopeful to have several Hoosiers and other friends from other states join us in the Indy area. In fact, depending on the number of attendees I may obtain a room in a restaurant or hotel conference center, plan an afternoon worth of fun Disney activities for kids and adults alike, prize drawings, contests and even some secret fun! :goodvibes I'll have more specifics the closer we get to Labor Day weekend.

Between now and Labor Day weekend I'll be updating this thread with meet information and attendees who will be joining us at the meet. Please post if you can attend the meet, how many guests will be joining your party including children and their ages. Even if you can't attend please post just to say hi! :wave2:

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions feel free to post them here or send me a private message (PM).

Hope to see you at the meet!

Indianapolis DIS & DIS Unplugged Meet Information
Date: Saturday, August 30th 2008
Time: 2:00PM - 7:00PM
Where: Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds

Food: Pitch-In Format. Please post what you can bring.

Location Information:
Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds - Annex Building
2003 Pleasant St.
Noblesville, IN 46060

Map with fairground location:
http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTE...t Street, Noblesville, IN 46060&gid1=15877456
Hamilton County 4-H Fairground website:
http://www.ces.purdue.edu/Hamilton/fair/fair.html

Kids Activities: (Looking for Adult Voluntears) :)
Face Painting - Jennz
Coloring - Sarah :)
Kids Trivia Challenge
Hula Hoop
Karaoke - Sooze & Jennz
Hot Potato Game - Sooze
Frozen T-Shirt Game (Tentative)
Please post additional ideas for kids activites

Attending the meet so far:
ADP - Aaron, Kim & Anna - All paper products & beverages
Scarlett873 - Brandi & DH - Cupcakes or Birthday Cake :)
Mommyceratops - Kim & 2DSs
Crazydisneyman - Chris, Kim & Baby Ginny - Crockpot of Meatballs
Dodie - Dodie & Phillip - Trail Mix/Candy Mix & Cheese or Veggie Tray
Danny1649 - Danny & DW
Stopher1 - Chris, Julie, DS (12), DS (9) & DD (4)
Sooze - Susie, Matt, Tyson DS (8), & Shaelyn DD (2) - Buffalo Chicken Dip
Dan Murphy - Dan
Jennz - Jennifer, Andy & Sarah DD (10) - Kona Wings
Squidrific - Caroline & katie DD (13) - Asian Coleslaw & Macaroni Salad
Harvest02 - Karen, Derek DS (11), & Kyler DS (7) - Layered Peanut butter bars
Grumpy&Me - Gina & DS
ncsjodi - Jodi, Eric, Lauren DD (7), and Megan DD (4) - Spinach & Taco Dip W/Chips
disrailfan - Milford & Shawn
smjj - smjj & DW
mousehouselover - Noni, Vic, DD (14) & DS (12)
treeface - Trina, DH, & DS (6)
JCandKT - JC & Kaite - Hummus & Pita Bread
Disneypirate85 - Shawn & Heather - Fried Chicken
K and K's Mommy - Julie, Gordon, Kyle DS (9), Katie DD (7), & Joey DS (3)
delmar411 - (maybe) delmar411, DH, DD (10), DD (4), DS (3), & DS (2)
j-jhall - (maybe) Jim & DW
Luckymomoftwo - Debbie, Junior, Brandon DS (8), & Emilee DS (5) - brownies, taco salad, & mini cheesecake desserts
DisneySunflower - The Neal Family - Sunflower, DH, DD (11), DD (7), & DS (3) - Veggie Pasta Salad
sunshinegirl - Tricia, Kevin, Jillian DD (7), & Cassie DD (5)
MenashaCorp - Jason
MerriePoppins - Susan
World Bouncer - Aaron, Mary, Elizabeth DD (2), Amanda Jo DD (15), Jennifer DD (17)
me277 -Lisa & Mark - Tusker House Corn Chowder
Politzania - Tracey & DH - Fruit Bowl
FairyGodmotherJen - Jen, Bryan, DD (7), DS (4), & DS (4mo)- fruit/veggie platter & cookies or brownies

Total Number - 96

As of right now, unless plans change of course, you can count on DH and I for some fun! :cool1:

Hey - checking in from just up the road in Kokomo! As far as I know, my husband and I should be available to meet up for some Disney fun!

For a location ... how about The Earl of Sandwich in Carmel? Http://www.earlofsandwichusa.com/contact/locator.php
We stop by there when we're in the area & need a taste of WDW.

They have an Earl of Sandwich in Carmel!?!?!? Wow I am so there next time we go to Indy....:cloud9:

They have an Earl of Sandwich in Carmel!?!?!? Wow I am so there next time we go to Indy....:cloud9:
Yep! It's at the corner of Carmel Drive and Rangeline Road! There's a Noodle Company on one side of them and a Dunkin' Donuts on the other! :)

The Earl of Sandwich, depending on how many of us show up, may be kind of small though. Wonder if we could maybe get some platters of sandwiches or something from them for a meet in a park or something...

Just a thought!

Hey - checking in from just up the road in Kokomo! As far as I know, my husband and I should be available to meet up for some Disney fun!

For a location ... how about The Earl of Sandwich in Carmel? Http://www.earlofsandwichusa.com/contact/locator.php
We stop by there when we're in the area & need a taste of WDW.

Earl of Sandwich would be nice; however, I'm hoping and thinking for something a little bigger depending on the number of attendees.

Please spread the word about the meet. The meet is also turning into a DIS Unplugged podcast meet.

ADP and everybody,

You know that I will be there. I already have it on my calendar, and I will be bringing wife Kim and baby Ginny.

I am really looking forward to it! :cool1:

Hey guys. Just saw this link in someone's signature! Cool!

Count us in and keep us posted!

Dodie and my DH, Phillip. 2 adults - no kids.

It will be great to meet some of you who will also be going on the Podcast Cruise the following May, so we won't be strangers!

:cool1:

I had no idea there is an Earl of Sandwich in Carmel either. (We live in downtown Indy.) That's GREAT to know, even if the group doesn't meet there.

To make it right now I don't see a problem but at work things can happen taht spoil my plans.Will watch thread to see time and where and hope DW and I can make it.:goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

Dodie and Danny,

This is great! Danny, we hope you can make it. I'll mark you down as attending for now. Keep us posted.

Sounds like fun - we'll try. I've already put it down on the calendar in pencil - but a lot can certainly change between now and then!! If we can, it'll be 5 of us - Christopher, Julie and 3 kids.

Just found this thread. Bad news - we won't be able to attend. Good news - we'll be leaving for Disney World on Aug. 30th!

Hope you all have a great time! :wizard:

Just found this thread. Bad news - we won't be able to attend. Good news - we'll be leaving for Disney World on Aug. 30th!

Hope you all have a great time! :wizard:

Well, I guess if you can't come then the only other best place to be will be WDW!!

Well, I guess if you can't come then the only other best place to be will be WDW!!

Sorry you can't make it Betsy.

As Kim said it is the next best thing. Hope you have a magical stay! :wizard:

what is THIS?!
A meeting in Indianapolis of Dis-ers!?

And I've just NOW heard of it.

I'm so sheltered. I've only JUST found the podcast. I'm so behind the times!

what is THIS?!
A meeting in Indianapolis of Dis-ers!?

And I've just NOW heard of it.

I'm so sheltered. I've only JUST found the podcast. I'm so behind the times!

Hi Katie,

Does this mean you and J.C. can make it? You're not behind the times at all...Just jumping on the band wagon. The more the merrier! :)

Hi! I just found this thread. I'll put it on my calendar. Right now, it's just me, but I might get a friend and her son to come along. Looking forward to meeting everyone.:banana:

Hi! I just found this thread. I'll put it on my calendar. Right now, it's just me, but I might get a friend and her son to come along. Looking forward to meeting everyone.:banana:

That's great Mickeefan. :thumbsup2 Looking forward to meeting you. I'll add you to the list.

Aaron, I'm so glad you are planning this! I had such a very little time with you all at our last attempt!!

And more good news.. we usually travel to WDW during Labor Day weekend, but this year we are pushing it to spring break (so we can stay longer!!)

So I definitely plan on being there!!

Count on me, DH, DS (8), and DD(2) If I see that a lot of people are not bringing kids and it's going to be more of an 'adult' thing, I'd be happy to find a sitter and be grown ups for a night!

Thanks again!!!

Aaron, I'm so glad you are planning this! I had such a very little time with you all at our last attempt!!

And more good news.. we usually travel to WDW during Labor Day weekend, but this year we are pushing it to spring break (so we can stay longer!!)

So I definitely plan on being there!!

Count on me, DH, DS (8), and DD(2) If I see that a lot of people are not bringing kids and it's going to be more of an 'adult' thing, I'd be happy to find a sitter and be grown ups for a night!

Thanks again!!!

That's great news Sooze! Bring the kids along as it appears at this point other children will be attending.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter