Indianapolis DIS meet, Labor Day weekend ***With pictures, page 7***

There's a thread on the DVC Mousecellaneous thread about INDY DVCer's. There are a few people over there that are interested in joining you for a DIS Meet. Can you post the details to them about it?

Absolutely!!!!! :cool1: Hope we can get lots of folks from the DVC to join in. :yay: Still not sure where it will be, seems like Loon Lake Lodge though. Not being from the area, not really sure as to what, where and when. I'll drop a link to this thread on the DVC board there.

Dan: If you're coming for the Nationals, what side of town are you staying on? Maybe we should aim for a restaurant downtown or on the Westside, instead of Castleton. I like to describe Indianapolis and I465 as a clock with 12 o'clock at the top or North. That would put Castleton at about 2 and the Nationals between 8 & 9 (only further west).

Downtown there are many restaurants like: BW3's, Smokey Bones, Spaghetti Factory, Rock Bottom Brewery and RAM to name a few. There is also a mall with a food court. On the west side, there would be any number of chains available.

Mickeefan, I am planning on staying near the Keystone Mall area, about 12 o'clock. But it really makes no difference where it is, I have my car and driving anywhere is fine with me. You guys choose what is best for you all.

I'll be in town and would love to go to the meet. I don't know how extensive we would want to make it, but I would be willing to help since I live so close to Loon Lake Lodge.

If you would like me to help with the meet please feel free to PM me.

cdpa4d said:
I'll be in town and would love to go to the meet. I don't know how extensive we would want to make it, but I would be willing to help since I live so close to Loon Lake Lodge.

If you would like me to help with the meet please feel free to PM me.
I don't feel we have to be extensive on planning other than pick a day, time, place, get a head count, then contact the restaurant to see if they can accomodate us. JMO

I think I can make it and Loon Lake Lodge is 5 minutes from me so I vote for that. :banana:

I'll have to check my schedule, but I'd love to come too.

The Loon Lake Lodge is a nice restaurant. I know my kids were wanting an excuse to go again.

I think last time someone was able to reserve a room just for us. I'm pretty sure all they'll need is some sort of headcount. :)

Well, Pooh!pooh: We got a good deal on our airfare if we fly out of Detroit. So, that is what we are doing! So, it sounds like we won't be able to make it! HAve fun!!

Serena said:
I'll have to check my schedule, but I'd love to come too.

The Loon Lake Lodge is a nice restaurant. I know my kids were wanting an excuse to go again.

I think last time someone was able to reserve a room just for us. I'm pretty sure all they'll need is some sort of headcount. :)

One head here! :teeth:

I'm still planning to come. One head here. And perhaps I can pickup some other DISers on the way. Time for me to send some PMs.

Put us down for 2, DW and myself. Boys not into these kind of get togethers.

Ok, before I step in. Is there anyone else that wants to plan this? I'm not sure I'll even be off of work yet. But I will if no one else wants to.

As for the time, some of you are coming from pretty far away. Would saturday afternoon about 3pm be alright, or do we need it to be later? 5, 7, or even 9?

Serena said:
Ok, before I step in. Is there anyone else that wants to plan this? I'm not sure I'll even be off of work yet. But I will if no one else wants to.

As for the time, some of you are coming from pretty far away. Would saturday afternoon about 3pm be alright, or do we need it to be later? 5, 7, or even 9?

I'm 2 hours away, so I'd prefer 3 p.m. If its in the evening, I'd be driving home pretty late.

This sounds like fun, but before i commit i have to run it by DH. I have no clue how far Indy is from me???

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
This sounds like fun, but before i commit i have to run it by DH. I have no clue how far Indy is from me???

Hey, Michelle..the Indy meet is on your anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter