Inflammatory Breast Cancer

What GREAT news! Thanks for keeping everyone posted.

(Climbing up on my health educator soap box for a moment....)
Now, to all those ladies (and gents) that might be reading this thread still....please, if you don't know anything about IBC please take a moment to learn about it. (www.Komen.org) IBC is a very rare form of BC, but a very serious one. IBC is almost always Stage IV at diagnosis. IBC presents differently from 'typical' BC in that there is no lump. I repeat...NO LUMP. So for everyone getting their mammos...IBC would not show up on a mammo as a lump (it may show up as a thickening of cells on the surface of the breast, but not as a lump). For everyone doing their self exams and getting a clinical exam, again, you would not feel a lump. (very different from what we have always heard and learned - to feel for a lump) So ladies, know your b@@bs! Know what's normal for you, and report any changes to your doc asap. And again, the Komen website is a great place to go for more info.

Sorry for hijacking the thread momentarily, but BC education is near and dear to me. I lost a friend at 36 and have become very involved in fundraising, awareness, and volunteering. I can't let a golden opportunity to educate pass by.

OP - again, soooo happy to hear your good news!!!
So true. We have lost several DIS ladies here on the DIS, all young, to IBC. :(

Great News:thumbsup2. I must admit I was afraid to open the thread to find out the results, even crossed my fingers!

What GREAT news! Thanks for keeping everyone posted.

(Climbing up on my health educator soap box for a moment....)
Now, to all those ladies (and gents) that might be reading this thread still....please, if you don't know anything about IBC please take a moment to learn about it. (www.Komen.org) IBC is a very rare form of BC, but a very serious one. IBC is almost always Stage IV at diagnosis. IBC presents differently from 'typical' BC in that there is no lump. I repeat...NO LUMP. So for everyone getting their mammos...IBC would not show up on a mammo as a lump (it may show up as a thickening of cells on the surface of the breast, but not as a lump). For everyone doing their self exams and getting a clinical exam, again, you would not feel a lump. (very different from what we have always heard and learned - to feel for a lump) So ladies, know your b@@bs! Know what's normal for you, and report any changes to your doc asap. And again, the Komen website is a great place to go for more info.

Sorry for hijacking the thread momentarily, but BC education is near and dear to me. I lost a friend at 36 and have become very involved in fundraising, awareness, and volunteering. I can't let a golden opportunity to educate pass by.

OP - again, soooo happy to hear your good news!!!

OP = so glad to hear that your results came back without IBC! I am sure you are so relieved.

EKBall - you are so right - MIL had been having mammo's for years right on schedule and never had any lump in her breast yet there she was developing stage 4 cancer in her breast that spread to her spine and bones. She had really no symptom of IBC at all - in fact i am not even sure how it was found to be IBC after all - I am sure her bloodwork was way off the charts.

Hi Linda - I hope you can help me - I'm posting again but I can't sign in with this new format. It asks for my profile and I wrote a short paragraph but it appears in the right margin of the Webmaster's post on the first page. Hate to bother you as you are probably shoveling as we are - can you help me with this? Thank you so much. Barbara

Hi Linda - I hope you can help me - I'm posting again but I can't sign in with this new format. It asks for my profile and I wrote a short paragraph but it appears in the right margin of the Webmaster's post on the first page. Hate to bother you as you are probably shoveling as we are - can you help me with this? Thank you so much. Barbara
Hi Barbara.

What is it that you are looking for?

Hi Barbara, I am here. Can you go under "Conversations"? It's the old "Private Messages".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter