Injury

nevertoo muchdisney

Earning My Ears
Hi All! Looking for some info, I hurt my ankle about a month ago and I am awaiting test results from the doctor to see the extent of the injury. It feels a bit better now I was able to stand on my foot with the boot on. I do have crutches and hoping I get cleared to start walking some this week. I have a trip booked for next weekend, still want to go if I get a green light, but likely won't be able to walk for a prolonged period of time. I have been debating using a wheelchair vs crutches at disney world for what would be the best choice in terms of the least amount of hassle, but also to make sure I still enjoy the trip. I wasn't sure if you could bring crutches on attractions or what the process for using either in the parks is like. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Hi All! Looking for some info, I hurt my ankle about a month ago and I am awaiting test results from the doctor to see the extent of the injury. It feels a bit better now I was able to stand on my foot with the boot on. I do have crutches and hoping I get cleared to start walking some this week. I have a trip booked for next weekend, still want to go if I get a green light, but likely won't be able to walk for a prolonged period of time. I have been debating using a wheelchair vs crutches at disney world for what would be the best choice in terms of the least amount of hassle, but also to make sure I still enjoy the trip. I wasn't sure if you could bring crutches on attractions or what the process for using either in the parks is like. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! :)
I second the looking at an ECV if you can and an off site one for sure as there can be a good bit of walking at resort

Agree with others about the ECV. Most of them come with a clip to hold your crutches.

Whether or not you keep the crutches in the ride vehicle with you depends on the ride. For coasters, a cast member will take them from you at the load area and return them to you at the unload area. For slower rides, you’ll take them with you.

My DH hurt his back before our last trip. We had a party of 5 adults, we rented a wheelchair for him. He could walk for awhile so it wasn't bad. I highly suggest an EVC the chair did get tiring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter