Inlaws looking for suggestions to surprise Grandkids

melindaandrob

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I
My inlaws are joining us for the last few days of our vacation and I thought it would be great to keep it a secret and surprise the kids when they arrive.

Any suggestions on how to surprise them? We thought we could linger over lunch in the food court and have them come in when they arrive and sit down at the next table. I know their are some very imaginitive Disers out there so I appreciate any suggestions!

My parents met us at dinnertime of day 2 of our trip - and then stayed for the middle of our trip before leaving again.

We had PS for the bunch of us in Mexico and they met us there.

Make sure you have a way to reach you - their plane was a little late, and by the time they got checked into the WL and over to Epcot, they were running about 15 minutes late. Not a big deal - but planes are frequently much later than that.

We didn't "surprise" the kids - we told them we were meeting Grandma and Grandpa - they were only 2 and 3 and Grandma and Grandpa showing up at Disney didn't have a huge impact on them (they really didn't realize the amount of planning it takes - they still will ask "Can we go to Disney today?"). They were sure happy to see them though.

Oh how fun. You can really plan something special w/ the right timing. You might try arranging to meet up w/ your inlaws at a specific place ie.the castle, and tell the children,"Since we are in the Magic Kingdom,lets close our eyes and wish for something special, like Grandma & Grandpa being here with us!" Something along those lines, and have them walk out from the castle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter