Inspired by my homework survey

What's your preference on a webpage?

• Light text on a dark background

• Dark text on a light background

• I don't care, as long as I can read it and the colors work well together.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rajah

DIS Veteran
Or, rather, by a few of the answers.

Which do you pefer:
A web page with a dark background and light text (ie: white on black or blue)

or

A web page with a light background and dark text (ie: black text on a white background)

Assume that in both cases, the colors contrast enough that things are readable, so no yellow on brown or something. :)

I prefer dark text on a light background. The other way around gives me a headache. :D

I don't care as long as I can read it without sunglasses

The homework assignment is due tonight, so I'm bumping this to see if I can get any more input before I turn in the results. :)

(I'll post a link here to the results of my assignment after class :) )

as long as i can read it i don't really care but i think dark letters on a light background is easier to read. :D

Dark background, light text is easier for me to read, especially under flourescent office lights. Good luck on your assignment!
-MrsAPalm

in general, i don't like using pure white or pure black for website design. i usually add some very very pale (and hardly noticeable) yellow tint to the background and a blue tint to the text. :)

i voted for i don't care as long as it looks good, but in general, i have seen more websites that i like that have dark text on a light background.

Originally posted by BobBrazeal
You wouldn't happen to have links to a couple of websites for comparison would you?
Bob -- for light background with dark text, think the DIS.

For dark background, light text, try my Food and Wine Festival trip report/photos site in my sig.

Just giving this *one* more bump before class time.

Once again, thanks all for helping me out. :D

I don't mind either, but I prefer dark on light background. It's easier to read.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter