Interesting new AKV drawing showing all 5th Floor Jambo House Units!

LisaS

DIS Veteran
The OC website has some new AKV drawings. There is a drawing showing all of the 5th floor Units at AKV! (So where are the Concierge unit drawings??) They have also published some AKV Value villa floor plans that I will post in another thread.

The most interesting thing is that I think we have confirmation that there will be very few parking lot view Value villas! They have not published a floor plan for Unit 52 (the only unit facing the parking lot, in the bottom left corner of the drawing) but if it is the same layout as Unit 49 across the hall, it will consist of two 2BR lockoffs. (So this could be good news if you are booked into a Dedicated Value Studio, assuming that is a guaranteed booking category.) On the other hand, they could decide to make Unit 52 into 6 dedicated studios so it's probably best not to jump to any conclusions just yet.

The other interesting item is that the two suites on either side of the lobby facing the Arusha Savanna do not have Unit numbers so it's still unclear what is happening there. They are inside the perimeter of AKV, but do not appear to be undergoing conversion to AKV villas.

I realize that the unit numbers are impossible to see but I didn't want to make this image any larger than it already is! The most important thing about this is that have not included any additional rooms along the parking lot side of AKL into AKV than what we have been expecting.

81115AllUnits.GIF

Lisa, if you don't want to post the big files, would it be possible to link to them on the OC website?

Lisa - looks like on the parking lot - that alot of the parking lot view AKL is kepting. are these also value rooms?

if this is happening - this will be strange. DVC units and regular rooms across the hall from each other.:cool1:

Lisa - looks like on the parking lot - that alot of the parking lot view AKL is kepting. are these also value rooms?

if this is happening - this will be strange. DVC units and regular rooms across the hall from each other.:cool1:
Almost every document I've seen shows only a few of the 5th floor parking lot view rooms included in AKV but it's been hard to tell exactly how many rooms were included. This latest document shows just 6 AKL rooms at the end of the hall becoming AKV Unit 52. So that's good news for people planning to book Value villas!

One curiosity confirmed! ...or for the most part anyway - just the detail of what room types will have that lovely view. I wonder why they took only 6 parking lot view bays? Why not all or none? I had been hoping for the laurdry/support to go in that area and have no villas with parking lot view!

Now just to find out what is happening to those suites???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter