Park Vue 3 queen suite/ Star Wars Nite/ Grad Nite

Cal-Pie

DIS Veteran
I know there are always a lot of questions about walkable suites, so I thought I would share some pics of the triple queen room we just stayed in at Park Vue. I hadn’t stayed here in more than 10 years, but it was just as remember it, very close and very basic.

The room was a good size for our party of 5 adults/teens. We did bring a twin air mattress because my kids don’t like sharing beds, and there was plenty of floor space for it. The rack in the bathroom area was perfect for storing all our stuff out of the way. Housekeeping came daily and fully cleaned the room. I had forgotten how much I loved daily housekeeping, as most hotels have cut back. They even stocked our room with 10!! towels every day. Climbing into a freshly made comfy bed each night was wonderful too.

We did have a couple of maintenance issues. The air conditioning in the main room wasn’t getting cool enough and the toilet wasn’t fully flushing without at least two attempts. We reported the problems to the front desk, and left for the day. When we returned they had replaced the air conditioner with a whole new unit, and I could tell they had worked on the toilet, but there was no improvement. With 5 of us sharing one bathroom it was a bit inconvenient to not have it working properly. I mostly felt bad for the people staying below us who had to have been wondering why we were flushing the toilet every 27 seconds 😂.

We attended Star Wars Nite on May 11. It felt more crowded to me than last year, and I had to wonder if the reason it didn’t sell out entirely this year was because they sold more tickets to each event. We are only casual fans, and only attend after dark events for the low wait times on rides. Even though it felt more crowded, wait times were great and we rode all our favorites multiple times. We did notice that wait times in the app were very inflated that night.

Friday was a grad nite. We wouldn’t have chosen this as a park day, but our schedule made it necessary. It as also my 50th birthday, so I wanted to be in the parks. The game plan was to rope drop DCA and take a long afternoon break, which we needed after Star Wars Nite! We rode standby all morning, and saved our LLs for the evening. That worked perfectly as most of the grads weren’t using Genie+. The vibe had definitely shifted when we came back in the evening. Tons of loud, obnoxious teens. We used our LLs, had dinner in Paradise Gardens, then headed to check in for WOC dessert party. The CMs were wonderful and went out of their way to make my birthday special.

Saturday we returned to DL, I got a MEP from MMRR before 9 am and we used it to accelerate all day long! It was almost like using old school max pass, and it made our day so much better. We took another long afternoon break and were able to stack LL for the evening.

All in all it was a great trip! As a side note, if you’re looking for something to fill an extra day, I highly recommend Davy’s Locker Whale Watching in Newport. We did a 2 hr cruise before Star Wars Nite, and it was so fun. We spotted a fin whale, lots of dolphins, seals and sea lions. The whole family loved it so much that I think we’ve decided on an Alaskan cruise for our next vacation.

Attachments

• IMG_3752.jpeg
    IMG_3752.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3755.jpeg
    IMG_3755.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3753.jpeg
    IMG_3753.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3754.jpeg
    IMG_3754.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for the report! I'm so glad you had a great trip. I've always wanted to try the Park Vue 3 room suite. Were the beds comfortable? I would LOVE 10 new towels a day lol.

Star Wars nite sounds like it was great for the lines. Did you like the dessert party?

Thanks for the tip about whale watching. I'd love to try that sometime.

Any favorite highlights of the trip?

Happy Birthday! 🎉

:cake:

Thanks for the report! I'm so glad you had a great trip. I've always wanted to try the Park Vue 3 room suite. Were the beds comfortable? I would LOVE 10 new towels a day lol.

Star Wars nite sounds like it was great for the lines. Did you like the dessert party?

Thanks for the tip about whale watching. I'd love to try that sometime.

Any favorite highlights of the trip?

Happy Birthday! 🎉

:cake:
I’m a picky one when it comes to beds. I think Hojo’s are my fav on Harbor, but Park Vue comes in second with CCI third. I liked the sheets at PVI also, they were nice and soft.

WOC dessert party was definitely the highlight! I’d done it once before on a girls trip, but it was so fun to sit and relax with my husband and kids. I asked (while wearing my birthday button) for a high top behind the circle, and they accommodated that. We got table #26, which was actually 2 tables pushed together for the 5 of us. There was a sixth chair, but they never seated anyone with us. Our server was phenomenal and came back 5 or 6 times to check on us. We also had lots of fun watching grad nite kids continually trying to sneak into the area and get booted out by CMs🤣.

I forgot to add, I bought our whale watching tickets through Groupon. I think it was under $20/person, if I remember right, plus what we paid in gratuity on the boat. Well worth it for that experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter