International College Program

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!
And who ordered this weather?!?!?!
NOT FUN!

Could my blood have thinned already???;) Because this is just nasty!

Got home Sunday night and had the BEST time! We were 17 ladies and we laughed till our sides hurt! In fact, we declared some days 'no laughing' days though that never happened. lol..
Spent 2 days pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale which was oh-so-wonderful then the Cruise was also soooooo great. Our flight left in the evening of the day we ended the cruise so we rented a Mini van and shopped some more!! Did waaay too much damage (darn jewelery) in St Maarten and spent lots of time on the Beach (s) in all Ports but it really was a blast. Now here I am, perusing what we can do next because they are all chomping at the bit already! I'm not even totally unpacked!

I know the Summer job pales compared to last Summer Bonnie..:sad1:
Shanan is looking as well and is dismayed that Kevin seems able to apply yet again for the same amount of time as he lives in Ireland. I am not sure Shanan would all the same...she would like the op. They have opened it up to EC Passports and Shanan has one..but she wants to do an Internship or something related to that. Make it of use to her...Meanwhile, she is applying to Pharmaceutical Companies and that seems to be doing NOTHING to get her excited! Dare I say that real life appears to be setting in!

Shanan is off next Friday to Punta Cana and Shelby to the Mayan Riv. I am looking for something for Terry and I to do! He and Shelby succumbed to a nasty flu while I was away..and I think it would do his bones good to warm up!

Any luck on the Job front for Shayna Bonnie? How bout Brynna too Marjorie?
Unfortunately the time that they should be hunting is also the busiest Academic wise..so it's hard. Shanan has an offer to go back to a Science Camp that she worked at a couple of Summers ago but that isn't doing it for her either!! Disney has tainted their perspective!

She wants to go vist WDW too...I tell you, trying to keep them all happy is hard!

Well...look forward to hearing what's doing with you gals and yours!
Talk Soon, I hope, Karen

Hey woman! Welcome home! :rotfl:

Isn't this weather too much? Shayna is so miserable right now...says she mumbles while she walks...people must think she's crazy! :rotfl:

So glad you had a great time away - unfortunately I'm not at that stage of the game yet - couldn't imagine leaving the boys home alone for that long! Actually, I don't think we're going to get away at all this year - between school and summer jobs and year-ends, there doesn't seem to be an opportunity for all of us to get away. I did suggest to Shayna that if Kev does come back this summer, she and Shanan should consider a trip down before school starts in the fall - either way. I think it would be so much fun for them and something to look forward to.

Nothing as yet on the job front for Shayna...she's a little depressed (actually, so am I) remembering how everything came together last year this time...feeling very nostalgic...

Glad you're home. Keep us posted on Shanan's job hunt.

Marjorie...keep us posted on Brynna's Disney progress. Hopefully she will hear something soon! :goodvibes

Thank you!!!!
Wish I could say I am glad to be back..but geeeeeeeeeeesh it's cold out there!

Shanan just told me that they have opened the ICP program to Canadian's again..but she isn't applying despite the fact that all the HM CM's keep e-mailing her telling her to come back! LOL!

So now she is bugging me to take her back to play!!!!! Wants to visit rather than work!

party:

These girls and their Passion for the Mouse!!!!!!!!

Ha ha... Oh God - I feel so bad for you mothers putting up with your returned daughters! I got back in Nov after 13 months working in the Canadian Pavilion. Coming home was an absolute DISASTOR and was far worse culture shock than I expected, by times. And this coming from someone who hadn't even lived in Canada for over 2 1/2 years o_O It's a shame how a flight home can make your life go from a 10 to a , well, 3!

Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh

Wow, I can imagine it would be tough after all that time!
I am not sure I could 'reform' my DD after all that time and being totally morphed by Disney!

I am sure it was a blast though and as time moves on what great memories you carry along!

Good for you taking the leap and doing it!!

Disney takes you guys in and we get to live in their shadow! ;)

Ah welcome back Karen, glad to hear you had a great time! It's far too long away until our December cruise, I can only imagine the sunshine. Where did you stay in FLL pre-cruise? I just booked a great agent rate at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper but I'm always interested where people stay and if they enjoyed it.

Hi Bonnie too! Sounds like the girls are busy here and there. Hopefully they'll find summer jobs that satisfy them.

Brynna is getting antsier by the minute. She's happy that Kev has reapplied and thinks it's a shame they just opened up ICP to Canadians AFTER they did the interviews out west here in November. She's waiting on an email from international but hasn't any response to her own of last week. Meanwhile she has an interview at London Drugs on Tuesday so at least she might get a job in the interim.

Well, off to sleep. Take care!

Hey Ladies..

Well actually Marjorie we stayed at a friends Condo in Del Ray Beach. We toyed with various Hotels but as it was close ( a week away mind u!!!!) the rates were NUTS! Soooo 5 of us stayed with the friend that lives there from Oct-May as she too was joining us on the Cruise. Now, the Yankee Clipper, is that the one on THe Ocean?? I saw that one..it is beautiful! I get mixed up with the Yankee Trader..:confused3

I am sure the girls will find jobs this summer. They will not be the same..but I have promised Shanan that at some point we will go and she will get a fix! We are going to NYC too in May so that will be fun as though I and Shelby have been multiple times, Shanan hasn't. A friend of hers as well as her Mom are coming too..I am already looking for deals but pickings are slim! lol..

I have been back and forth all week Bonnie to Guelph for Shelby to do her classes but not stay. I have managed to get through a few books waiting for her though she has only had a few classes. Her roomie has Mono and with her having been sick and only just feeling better..I am not taking any chances!

She is off to the Mayan next weekend and Shanan to Punta Cana so they both need to stay well!

What's new and exciting in your neck of the woods girls?:cold:
This weather sure is nasty here!

Talk soon?
Karen

Mono? OMG!

Hopefully both girls will stay healthly while they're away. That's always my worst fear when on vacation...

Shayna had lunch with Tim today...he's the U of G student that was on the same flight as the girls and I set him up with Shayna to have a 'flying buddy'. It was always funny explaining to people that I 'found this guy on the internet who's going to be Shayna's flying buddy'...they all thought I was nuts!

I think she was curious to see if he was going to re-apply, but he's a bio-med student and is looking into doing courses and work more in line with medical school! I'm impressed! To say she's been mopey and weepy about Disney would be an understatement at this point. It's hard to see her struggle with trying to be mature about it...she knows intellectually that it would never be the same and today stated that she could never eat that way again...I really think they barely ate and what they did eat wasn't good for them! We were laughing about how much Ben and Jerry's those girls ate!

Talk soon! Take care!

Both girls home safe and sound Karen? Shayna was happy to get a note from Shanan - too bad she was sick while away...food poisoning? That sucks! Did everything work out okay with Shelby? I read your post just before she left - sounded like the arrangements weren't exactly what you thought...?

Took Shayna back to Waterloo this afternoon - she had a mid-term at 6 p.m. on a Sunday! Go figure!

Hope all is well...any news for Brynna yet? Keep us posted! :goodvibes

Hello!

Hope you girls and YOUR girls are well!
How goes the grind?

That is lousy, a mid-term on a Sunday and the last one of Reading week too!?!?
Shanan has 3 this week...:sad2:

Just took Shanan to catch the 0613 Via Rail back to Kingston..called prior to leaving, get there, it's late grrrr....anyways, she should be on her way now and of course, we left booking till the last minute soooooo only 1st class avail and no student discount:rolleyes1 I told her to get coffee on the train and she doubted it would be free! I told her '"it better beeeeee"!

Yes, seems like they all had food poisoning in Punta Cana. Bummer, they lost 2 days of only 7 and that is why I am sooo careful where I go to for my island vacations! Not worth it. Seems like she is much better now and another few days to recover would be great, but not to be.:sad1:
Despite it all, they did manage to have a good time and a break from this nasty weather is always welcome!

Shelby had a wonderful, non-eventful time! Of course, being Shelby, she is now looking for summer employment in Mexico!:rolleyes1 Think there are toooo many good-looking fellas there and it's party party party!

Plans are to take her back today...it dumped lots of white stuff on us overnight so will have to see what the roads to Guelph (sounds like a movie?) are like as she has only 1 class on Mondays....

Of course, Terry is away in Boston on business sooo I just finished making only a dent in the pathway and driveway! Timing is everything!

Well ladies...guess I should either a) get a shower b) get another hour of sleep!
Hmmmm....

Take care and chat soon?
Karen

Have you guys noticed how many views we've had on this thread! 7545! OMG! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey ladies!

Karen...I hear you've got a trip to Disney in the works...good for you! :cool1:

Marjorie...I've been reading about the H2B visas being denied...does this affect Brynna's application? Sounds like there are alot of students pretty disappointed...

Would love to hear how you guys are doing...!:goodvibes

Hello! HAPPY EASTER!

Hope you are all having a good weekend!

Yes, I couldn't stand the wimpering any longer...she had to get back to her Castle so I booked the Polynesian and am actually looking forward to it. Also tossing the idea around of doing a Disney Cruise before hand but will wait and see how that works. If that doesn't happen, we might do some time at the Beach first for Shelby or there will be no hope of getting her to come along.How about you ladies? Any plans?

Is that the same Visa that Brynna is after Marjorie? Why are they denying them? Hope things still work out for her...:confused: Seems more complicated this year.

Well, the weather here took a nosedive Marjorie so perhaps it is nice now for you? Dull and cold today and a dusting of the white stuff overnight which thankfully, has gone.

My girls aren't coming home for Easter sadly, too entrenched in the final exams. How about Shayna and Brynna?

Guess I will go and make some PS for my Aug dates before they get snapped up! The girls and I along with a friend of Shanan's from HS and her Mom who is MY friend..complicated?? Are off to New York on May 2. Looking forward to it and sure hope the weather picks up too! Have made some dinner/lunch rezzies for there already as it gets busy there as well. Too much planning...

Enjoy the Holiday!
KAren:flower1:

Hey! Quick question...have either of you decided on how you're going to go about tax filing for the girls? I'm trying to figure it out... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter