Interval International Exchanges

Why by April. You should be able to get anything available from a year out from the date of cancellation or 2 years out from the check in date of the week DVC gave II which ever is less. That should go through June at least and given you couldn't have given II anything until around a year or less ago, it's unlikely the 2 year window after the week deposited has elapsed. If you cancel within 60 days or less it's far more restrictive though. The only other issue would be if you had cancelled previously and this was your replacement week in which case once you cancel you're out of luck though you could still retrade without canceling in many cases. While you couldn't rent the week, you could give it away if you wanted.

Wow. They told me I had to travel within 12 months - I guess I will call again.

It should be within 12 months of cancellation, not date of the confirmation. Your best bet is to get something else on the phone call but if you cancel and set up a new search right away you should be fine.

Here is the main portion of the cancellation rule. The remainder deals with short terms notices and the fact that if you unit/resort you got in an exchange is no longer available (hurricane, fire, etc), you can't request a substitute.
Under Interval’s Exchange Cancellation Policy, when a DVC Member notifies DVC Member Services of his or her desire to cancel a Confirmation seven days or more prior to the first date of occupancy of the Host Accommodations being canceled, the DVC Member will be entitled to request substitute exchange accommodations, as long as the Member requests travel dates occurring no later than 12 months after the date of cancellation. However, the time period in which the DVC Member is entitled to request substitute exchange accommodations is limited, as follows:

Wow. I just noticed that this thread is 5 years old - 2003.

Oh now it makes sense. I was wondering why this was suddenly new news when the point costs were exactly what I was quoted when I initially purchased in May '06. I really must learn to read post dates. :scratchin

Caribbean isn't always high season. I was just offered Marriott Ocean Club in Aruba on December 14. 1BR for 134 points because it's off-season . I'm trying to decide whether to take it. Really wanted January or February, but I understand the Marriott is very nice and hard to get.

Wow...nice find.....seems like a perfect time to go.
cold here....hot there:thumbsup2
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter