Introduce/Reintroduce Yourself

HI! I am new to this whole message board thing but I am so happy I found you all! My girlfriend and I are Disney crazed and headed there in only 5 more days! We usually reside in Philly but much prefer the AKL. We are celebrating my 40th (ooh did I really say 40) birthday with 20 of our closest friends! Many of them do not feel the way we do about Disney but they love me so I am dragging them and know they too will become obsessed. I am so excited to find you all! What a fun place!

Whats up everyone?
I'm Tyler.
I feel pretty young.
I'm an 18 year old college student from Lexington, KY
I go to school at the University of Louisville
I'm studying Social Work with a minor in LGBT studies.
After I graduate I want to create a job and work as an LGBT councelor to help people with the gay experience, what its like to come out, etc. etc.
Im going to the creating change conference this weekend in Detroit and if anyone else is going to be there hit me up

Facebook - Tyler Donovan

if any of you guys have it

also.
I march drum corps currently, the Bluecoats. The best!
GO BLUUUU

Whats up everyone?
I'm Tyler.
I feel pretty young.
I'm an 18 year old college student from Lexington, KY
I go to school at the University of Louisville
I'm studying Social Work with a minor in LGBT studies.
After I graduate I want to create a job and work as an LGBT councelor to help people with the gay experience, what its like to come out, etc. etc.
Im going to the creating change conference this weekend in Detroit and if anyone else is going to be there hit me up

Facebook - Tyler Donovan

if any of you guys have it

also.
I march drum corps currently, the Bluecoats. The best!
GO BLUUUU

Hi Tyler..
My daughter works at the Queer Resource Center at her University. I can see the difference she makes in people's lives and I'm so proud of her.
I hope you follow your passion too.

Hi I'm new here.
I'm Dan from cold, snowy Wisconsin.
I am so excited to have found this resource, have just been lurking so far and have found tons of useful information.
My partner and I have been together 16 years (no that's not a typo!).
We have an adopted son who we are taking to WDW for the first time this April.
Any other gay male couples with kids out there? Would love to talk with other guys with children.
It's been 7 years since our last trip to WDW, I can't wait to get back and to share some of the magic of Disney with our son!

Hi Mike, thanks for the welcome!
We are from just outside Milwaukee.

Hello. I'm Josh from Columbus. I've been around DISboards for a while, but have been on a major break. Getting ready to leave for a nine day WDW trip on March 1st, so I'm trying to reconnect here. It's really exciting that we have a GLBT board now!

Hi everyone...I guess I confused this post with the come on "out" post, so here goes...
I'm Kristen and DP is Carol. We've been together for 11 years and have 2 little girls together (Kimberly and Stephanie). We obviously hail from NJ (as you can see from my Avatar), about 30 min outside of Philly. I'm the one who is hopelessly obsessed with these boards (DP just rolls her eyes whenever she sees me on here.) :rolleyes: :rolleyes1 May will be our 2nd trip to WDW as a family and I'm so excited. DP doesn't really care what we do when we get there as long as she gets her Tonga toast over at the Poly at least 2x's while we're there. Anyway...I'm so glad I found these boards as a resource and I'm even happier to meet "youse guys". ;)

Hi! Daisy from Canada, loves Disney and Dis'ing and DH and I are planning a fall trip to WDW. (need a little waving figure saying hello!)
xoxoxoxo

Hi! My name is Todd. I live in frigid Michigan and have all my life, expect for a couple of semesters during college, when I lived at Chatham Square in Little Lake Bryan, Florida. My DH and I have a beautiful mini dachshund dog-ter, Crea.

Favourite Park: Epcot
Favourite Attraction: Muppets 3-D
Favourite Eatery on property: Restaurant Marrakesh
Favourite Fireworks: Illuminations
Favourite Parade: Tapestry of Nations (RIP)
Favourite Live Show: Festival of the Lion King

Non-Disney: Cedar Point. Greatest Thrill Park in the world. (They suck at theming, though)

My first trip to WDW was when I was four. Unfortunately, all I can remember from that trip is passing out in the hotel.

I went back during middle school, staying in a Fort Wilderness Cabin, Dixie Landings & Port Orleans.

In high school we camped at Fort Wilderness and stayed with friends in Doctor Phillips.

I also was part of the WDW College Program for Winter/Summer 2001 and stayed at All Star Sports, FW Cabins, & Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been back since. That will change soon!:banana: :cool1: :yay:

My name is Teri (not Chris as my sign-on might suggest)...long story, but an a joke that started with college friends many years ago...so it's the name I use for all my online stuff...not that you need to know that...but now that we're "family"...

Anyway, I'm from Connecticut, and like Todd before me, have lived in the same state all my life, except when I went to school in Massachusetts...I didn't travel far from home.

I have a husband, 2 great boys--one you already know about ;) -- and a younger 8 year0old w/ Down syndrome...so you can see I have an interesting life...one extreme to another... We have 3 cats...Bear, Tinker and Bell. :)

My favorite ride is It's a Small World...because I saw that when it debuted at the World's Fair in New York in 1964...when I was 5! So it holds a special place for me.

Our next trip is Oct. 11-18...staying at CSR...and maybe I'll have the pleasure of meeting some of you in person!

I'm new to the boards...and started out my venture in on your boards! So hello all!

Teri aka Chris :upsidedow

My name is Teri (not Chris as my sign-on might suggest)...long story, but an a joke that started with college friends many years ago...so it's the name I use for all my online stuff...not that you need to know that...but now that we're "family"...

Anyway, I'm from Connecticut, and like Todd before me, have lived in the same state all my life, except when I went to school in Massachusetts...I didn't travel far from home.

I have a husband, 2 great boys--one you already know about ;) -- and a younger 8 year0old w/ Down syndrome...so you can see I have an interesting life...one extreme to another... We have 3 cats...Bear, Tinker and Bell. :)

My favorite ride is It's a Small World...because I saw that when it debuted at the World's Fair in New York in 1964...when I was 5! So it holds a special place for me.

Our next trip is Oct. 11-18...staying at CSR...and maybe I'll have the pleasure of meeting some of you in person!

I'm new to the boards...and started out my venture in on your boards! So hello all!

Teri aka Chris :upsidedow

Teri..I would love to meet you. I'll be arriving at CSR on Oct 18th!. Maybe the fates will have it work out. I have a great deal of respect for you, you and your husband sound like awesome parents.

My love of Disney started at the World's Fair too!!! It holds some of my only happy memories from childhood....Disney brings me right back there.

Welcome aboard if I haven't said so already....
Rosie

Hello...I'm John age 45, my partner of 6 years is Andy age 36....We live in the suburbs of San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose-Silicon Valley....whatever you want to call it....

we have 3 wonderful 4 legged children....Beagles (props to UNO for winning Best in Show) and are heavily involved in dog rescue.

we are DVC owners (Animal Kingdom)...my favorite park is Disneyland...Andy's is Magic Kingdom or really anything in Disney World....

We are heading to Disneyland this weekend, Disney World (Old Key West) in June, Disneyland in June, Disney World (Animal Kingdom Villas) in October, and Disneyland twice in December.....that's enough!

Just joined the site and glad to be here!

I thought I had intriduced myself a while back, but looking back I can see that I did not, so...

I'm Paul and I live with a large stuffed gorilla (Mr. Peebles) in a condo on a small harbor south of Boston. Your likely to find me in any of several forums here on DIS, but I do so like stopping by the Community Board to afflict the right wing.

Favorite Disney Park
Hmmmm, can I pick two? Well, if I have to pick just one it would be EPCOT but I am ever so fond of the Magic Kingdom.

Favorite Attraction
Currently Soarin', but I'm fickle. I know he's (likely) a child molester, but I miss Captain EO.

Favorite Resort
Did I ask before if we could pick two? Well, the Boardwalk Villa edges out the Contemporary, but if that new construction on the site of the old North Wing is a new DVC resort, I'm SO buying in.

Favorite Show
Festival of the Lion King--luvs me some Tumble Monkees :love:

Favorite Fireworks
Wishes--pretty :yay:

Favorite Restaurant
Flying Fish--always sit in the in the "show" seats

I work as a senior operations manager for a (much too large) security services firm, and am a post-graduate student in International Law. I am dependably liberal and liberally dependable. I enjoy photography, travel (particularly to WDW), reading (oi), and team sports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter