Invasion of the Millionaires!

Tri-circle-D

<font color=peach>Throwing some love to TCD<br><fo
Sheez! Enough of the nit-picking on this Board. How about something fun and different?

The TCD family made its third weekend trip of 2007 to FW this past weekend, 3/16-3/19 (no that is not a typo-three weekends already this year:banana: ). We had a nice spot in the 800 loop. We arrived at around 11:30 on Friday the 16th. It was raining when we arrived, and our site was not ready. The castmember gave us the site number (which I don't think she was supposed to do-no one ever did this for us before), and told us to check the site, and when it was clean, go ahead and occupy it. So, we drove on back. The site actually was clean, so we pulled right in and got set up.

Went over to the Bike Barn a little after noon. There were a ton of carts parked out in the grass. When you go up to rent your cart, the castmembers have a white board with the available cart numbers written on it. All anyone has to do is eyeball the white board and look at the carts. We asked the castmember for one of the specific carts, and no-problemo, we got that cart. A recent poster suggested that he got bad service at the bike barn- that has never been our experience. They are happy to accomodate you.

Anyway, as is our practice, we take a quick tour around the Fort to see what is going on. As we drive by the 1600 loop, we see two big catering trucks pulling in. So, we cruise on down the road to see what is going on back there. We also notice this little sign out by the road:

CIMG0808-1.jpg

So, it looks like something is going on on the 1600 loop. We know our Dis friends need to know about this, so we check it out. Here is what we see at the entrance to the 1600 loop:

CIMG0703.jpg

What is this? :confused3

Well, we can't drive into the loop, so how are we going to be nosey?

Knowing FW like the back of my hand, no problem. We cruise over to the 1500 loop, and use the walkway to the comfort station to enter the 1600 loop on foot. BTW- the comfort station has been completely updated and is beautiful! It might just be me, but the floor seems a lot more colorful than the floors in some of the other updated comfort stations.

Anyway, we enter the 1600 loop to find that every single site is occupied by a million dollar plus Prevost motor home. Every site. Each rig bigger and more beautiful than the next. What is this all about?

Some photos:
CIMG0709.jpg

CIMG0707.jpg

CIMG0708.jpg

Around the loop, we find out what the catering trucks are doing there. Tables are set up in the road. In the second picture below, you can see the bar being set up (look behind the golf cart):

CIMG0705.jpg

CIMG0706.jpg

These rigs were a sight to behold! Here is a photo of the Plasma TV that one of them had. The TCD family just got one of these for the family room at home as our big Christmas present, but ours is smaller. I say to one of the DD's "Hey, their TV is nicer than the one that we have at home;" and DD replies, without missing a beat: "Dad, that RV is nicer than our home." Touche' that RV easily cost more than our house!

CIMG0704.jpg

As I said, this is all going on on Friday afternoon and evening. Later in the night, we cruised around the 1500 loop, and we heard the music coming from the party on the 1600 loop. The 1600 loop was blocked off all night. The next day, we go by for more photos- but everything is gone. Everything. Not a single Prevost left on the whole loop. Like it never happened.

So, what was this all about? The name on the sign in the first photo above says "Prevost Prouds." I have done a little research and see that they have a website with that name. The registration form for the 3/13-3/16 rally at FW is still on there. They charged their members $995 per couple for the three night rally! And, that was for early registration! Hey, but it looked like they had fun!

So, here is one more photo, which I post to make a point. This is a site in the 1500 loop, which is right next to the 1600 loop where every site had a million dollar plus RV:

CIMG0710.jpg

Is a picture worth a thousand words? Absolutely! Here we see the beauty of Ft. Wilderness. This guy is enjoying the same amenities as the millionaires right next door. And don't laugh- the truth is that most of us are closer to this guy than we are to the folks who were living the high life on millionaire's row. I know that I probably have a lot more in common with this camper than the Prevost Prouds.

TCD

Provost Prouds.......Surely not what old Walt had in mind for the fort:sad2:

Great thread. I too am ready to getting back to the important stuff. Ohhing and Awwing about the Fort and it's residents. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait till I get home to see the picts. But I can just imagine.

I talked to them over my last stay. Prevost Prouds is once a year getaway.Where Prevost only owner can me up for a week and every year it is in a new location. This year is was WDW.

I am only 5 numbers and a power ball away from having one of those :thumbsup2

seriously, thats one of the first things I would purchase, along with a custom trailer to haul all my other junk.

For the meantime, I will be happy with what I have. The fridge keeps the beer cold, the bed is comfortable, the showers hot and I can always drink coffe and eat muffins with my friends at FW .......:lmao:

I loved this thread :love: . And the pop-up camper so reminded me of our family when we were younger, good times. :banana: Wouldn't know what do do with a big bus like that, one day maybe ;) . I so can't wait to be there, my tt isn't much to look at but hey it's paided for and that's what counts to us. :woohoo:

Love it!!! We, too, have much more in common with Mr. Pop-up than with the Million $$$ Man! We love to ooh and ah over those big rigs, but we're thrilled with our '98 Bounder! We feel very blessed to have it and to be able to take our family to Fort Wilderness & WDW once or twice a year!:cool1:

I will say, however, that we've met people at the Fort from both ends of the $$$ spectrum and most everyone is super friendly - just a camper thing I guess.:)

Happy Camping!

I am only 5 numbers and a power ball away from having one of those :thumbsup2

seriously, thats one of the first things I would purchase, along with a custom trailer to haul all my other junk.

For the meantime, I will be happy with what I have. The fridge keeps the beer cold, the bed is comfortable, the showers hot and I can always drink coffe and eat muffins with my friends at FW .......:lmao:

AMEN! DH and I bought a power ball ticket on the way home from FW on Saturday thinking the same thing.

But... while we were there, in our MUCH lesser "rig", the weather was beautiful, the fold out camp chairs very comfy, and the beer ice cold.... What more is really necessary?

Great post! Maybe someday we can have something that nice, but for now we will enjoy our little camper just like it is one of those. Love the last picture it really says it all. Your vacation is what you make of it and can still be as great as the BIG BOYS.

I love that last picture..! Is that a Mickey Head on the antenna of that big beautiful station wagon..? Actually, I'm more inclined to think that this is exactly what Walt had in mind - that anyone and everyone would be welcome to come and make "magical" family memories...

T-9 days..until we're on our way pulling our wonderful 1992 TT..!!

:thumbsup2 Great thread. Reall appreciate all the photos and the narration. Hope to see more sharing of experiences and interesting things like this!!! Thankyou!!!:thumbsup2

While we grew up camping in a pop up and I am much closer to the Pop up guy lets not hold it against the big rig folks.

I bet the had a great time at WDW as well.

Okay I'm just curious as to what gave them the right to block off the whole 1600 loop from other campers? I know they are rich but how come they were able to set up road blocks to prevent others from driving though the loop? Did they forbid campers from walking though there also?

I'd rather just have my 22' travel trailer. Well actually I'm looking at the Cherokee Lite 28 a plus with a double slide but I'm quite happy beatin around with our FW friends and just enjoying family and new friends.

Okay I'm just curious as to what gave them the right to block off the whole 1600 loop from other campers? I know they are rich but how come they were able to set up road blocks to prevent others from driving though the loop? Did they forbid campers from walking though there also?

My guess would be that Disney did that for them.

I love that last picture..! Is that a Mickey Head on the antenna of that big beautiful station wagon..? Actually, I'm more inclined to think that this is exactly what Walt had in mind - that anyone and everyone would be welcome to come and make "magical" family memories...

T-9 days..until we're on our way pulling our wonderful 1992 TT..!!

:confused: MHO walt would roll over if saw entire loops Gated to cater to millionaires........

How many 1-5 year olds do you see in those pics??????

Where are the tri-cycles and red wagons???

Does prevost have triple bunks?

If you look back at the start of wdw the fort was created to cater to the blue colar families and the monorail resorts created for white colar families.......

I sure do miss walt:sad1:

Good Question!! Let's have a retreat for pop-ups or TT's less than 20ft and see if WDW gives us a private loop. Let's not charge $1000 for 3 days though!:laughing:

You can't see many people in those pics outside enjoying themselves. No kids on bikes, no adults talking over a cool, frosty one, no body. One thing I have noticed is the more expensive the rig the less likely the occupant is to leave it. We have seen these suckers pull in and then pull out three days later without a soul emerging the whole time. BTW, I would love to have one.:thumbsup2

Yeah, I know, and agree. The "special treatment" aspect is troublesome, but then you also have to wonder just how much $$$ this group paid to get that treatment. Perhaps this was a one-time deal..? I cannot imagine WDW allowing this to happen on a regular basis - at least not at FW anyway. I think a previous post mentioned that this group gets together and does a yearly trip somewhere. It's kinda sad to know that there are people out there that feel the need to be "separated" from us "normal" folk. Everywhere that we've camped, we've been next to all types of rigs, but the people have all been the same - friendly. That's what makes camping so great...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter