• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

iPod Touch

LilGMom

<font color=red>It makes me want to Kiss on the li
Wasn't sure where to post this but figured the Podcast group would be the most informed on new iPod products. :)

Does anyone have the iPod Touch? While I love my iPod Nano the bells and whistles and neat factor of the iPod Touch have me eyeballing it. DH asked me what I wanted for my upcoming birthday and while I initially said 'no' to this because of the cost I figure I'm worth a splurge-type gift once in awhile so now I'm waffling on my decision. DH was all set to get me one, without me knowing, but then I blew it and told him not to and we'd do something else with that money so I'd like to hear some reviews on it. DH wants my Nano so this would also benefit him.

TIA

I have one and I love it. The video is great as the screen is much larger. The wireless internet is also a feature I didn't expect to use but use a lot. The touch feature are wonderful and easy to use especially when browsing through your music. I really have no complaints what so ever. You definitely should get one. Make sure to spend the extra money for the 16GB. FYI this is my 3rd iPod.

B.

I have the iPhone which incorporates the iTouch software and LOVE IT! I literally don't know how I could go back to the Nano again. The only issue I have with the Touch Software is if you make a misjudged finger tap or swipe it can get frustrating! I know the iPhone has a locking mechanism on the top to help if you have it on your hip from constantly being tapped etc. Not sure about iTouch.

If you go through Cingular Wireless spend the extra $100 and get the Phone, it is the iTouch plus SO MUCH MORE.

My DH just bought one and loves it :goodvibes Go for it :thumbsup2

I don't have one, but I sure WANT one!

How can I justify a 3rd working iPod though????
(and sixth ipod overall - 2 dead, one given to dd)

I think I am going to wait until after MacWorld in January to see if there are more improvements or enhancements. If it was more than 16gb, I would have ordered one Yesterday!

I have the iPhone which incorporates the iTouch software and LOVE IT! I literally don't know how I could go back to the Nano again. The only issue I have with the Touch Software is if you make a misjudged finger tap or swipe it can get frustrating! I know the iPhone has a locking mechanism on the top to help if you have it on your hip from constantly being tapped etc. Not sure about iTouch.

If you go through Cingular Wireless spend the extra $100 and get the Phone, it is the iTouch plus SO MUCH MORE.

ditto, I got the touch, and after a week, I returned it to get the phone. best thing ever. my buddy that has the nifty chocolate phone goes over a list of all the stuff that the iPhone does not do... well that is stuff I do not use it for. when people ask me how I like it my answer is "it works" I have had a bunch of the hand held gizmos and smart phones. Usually either the interface is bad, or it is slow, or it makes things just difficult to do. The iPhone just works... they put a lot of effort into making it work the way you would think it should work (this goes for the iTouch as well). I have used some of the "iPhone killers" and while they are getting better... still they do not get it as "right" as Apple did. If you can live with ATT for phone service, get the phone. I pretty much just use it for podcasts and 8gig is plenty, and with the internet service, you can just goto the .mp3 and play it anyway.

worth every penny.

I don't have one, but I sure WANT one!

How can I justify a 3rd working iPod though????
(and sixth ipod overall - 2 dead, one given to dd)

I think I am going to wait until after MacWorld in January to see if there are more improvements or enhancements. If it was more than 16gb, I would have ordered one Yesterday!

this is where you have to think about how you use your iPod and what works and does not work. with the iTouch you have local wireless access, so podcasts you can download the .mp3. it is less about having your entire music and video collection and more about having what you will use that week. I have the iPhone with 8 gig and the classic with 80 gig, what I keep on each is very different based on how and when it gets used. Do you have more then one pair of shoes? ya know dress shoes, work boots, sling backs, pumps, flats, etc. each are a tool for a different function. no different then the different models of iPod.

oh and don't expect major changes or advancements to the touch or the phone this year... Apple will roll out the latest and greatest at two years from launch so that at the end of the two year ATT agrements there is a reason for them to get a new phone and get locked into a new contract.

I've never owned an iPod before. For my birthday last month my DW, DD and DS gave me an iTouch. I love it. Only bad thing is I listen to the DIS Unplugged or am watching the cart cam videos when I'm on the train going to and from work. I can't keep from laughing and now I'm really getting a lot of weired stares. This week I've watched Corey's castle lighting video. That was really cool. I would also recomend spending the extra $'s and get the 16 gig.

I have one as well and use it all the time for internet and listing to the dis.

I love my iPod Touch.
I took it with me on a recent trip to Belgium and had several people drooling over it on the plane.
I've used the wireless access a bit at home, but also used it in the Las Vegas airport (free wi-fi) and at the home of the person I was staying at in Belgium. Her boyfriend had a serious case of iPod envy.
I especially like the word prediction built into the keyboard. And the screen is very clear. And the web pages look just like on my computer - not the stripped down versions you find on some phones or Blackberries.

It would be nice if The Dis Unplugged-podcast came with cover art included, like most other podcasts do, so the logo of the Dis Unplugged is displayed on your iPod nano, video, classic touch or iPhone when you're listening to a show.

I believe there was a request for this a couple of months ago on the show, and I believe Corey said then he would look into it, be nothing has changed since that time. Too bad ...

It's not a big deal, but it would be nice to have cover art.

I was just listening to the 11/20 show on my iPhone and the cover art for the Dis unplugged was in fact displayed the whole time. I'm watching 50 First Dates on my iPhone right now and reading these boards on my desktop:)

This is the best multi purpose portable device I have ever owned. Calling it a cell phone would be an understatement and a disservice to just how great this iPhone is. Sure it's not perfect, but what it lacks (very little) doesn't even apply to me.

I'll never be able to own any other phone again because I'll feel cheated!

I was just listening to the 11/20 show on my iPhone and the cover art for the Dis unplugged was in fact displayed the whole time. I'm watching 50 First Dates on my iPhone right now and reading these boards on my desktop:)

You're right! I just checked it and it's the only recent show to have cover art. The new one, released today, again does not have it. Too bad :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter