Ireland May 23 - 30, 2009

redzinner

Me Wants the Medianoche!
We have returned home and just wanted to pop-in and say we had such a marvelous time with beautiful weather.
Hopefully I will get a small trip report written sometime soon. Right now though, it's reality (which really bites) with laundry, emails, grocery, etc.

24 fun adults, 2 absolutely attentive guides, fabulous weather, friendly Irish people, great food, smooth silky Guinness ... on and on ... = memory of a lifetime (again :) ).

Part One

Thanks for checking in!
I am so glad you had fun. I know you are busy -but when you get a minute -Tell us if there are any big tips we should know!

Welcome back, redzinner! Really looking forward to your trip report when Real Life backs off!

Sayhello

Glad you had a great time. Mary Ann and I welcome you home, and can't wait to hear all about the trip.

I am happy you had a good time and can't wait to hear all the details but gosh it seems like you just left yesterday can't believe your back already.

Welcome home Redzinner! This is your pal from Alabama on the Viva Italia trip (remember Pepperoni's?). So glad you had a great time. Mike and I are thinking about doing the Ireland trip in '10. Can't decide between that or one of the France trips. Looking forward to reading your trip report. Coming home is always a bummer!

Thank you all for your welcome home wishes! It makes the transition a little easier.
I have spent my spare time touching base with family today ...

CocosMeme, how could I forget you!!??! and I do remember Pepperoni's with the lightning and thunder.

Tozzie ... the trip started and it was over and I still have tears in my eyes because we had to say good-bye to Ireland way too fast.

Grumpy-1 you will have to put Ireland on your list ... it's in your blood!

I'm anxious to read your trip report...we're only July 22 tour. Sounds like you had a great time. My dh and I went to Ireland in 1993 and tonight we were watching our videos of the trip with our kids. Oh my goodness I had forgotten so much! And I'm so excited to go and share it with my children on an ABD!

I do have a question about meals. My eldest son and I don't eat red meat, but we eat everything else: poultry, fish, etc. I didn't make a special food request as I assumed that every night we would have a choice of this or that. Is there a choice or does everyone get the same meal? If that is the case I'd better make a request, if there's always two choices (one not being red meat) then we are okay.

I hate making a fuss, so I don't usually request, but I don't want DS and I to eat potatoes and veggies for all of our ABD meals!

Thanks in advance. I'll probably have dozens more questions, but will wait until you write your report and see if you answer them first!

I am so glad you had a great time on the Ireland trip!! Now that we have both done the Ireland and Italy trip, do you have a favorite? What were the highlights of the Ireland trip for you? You can go to Germany next with all your Italy friends!!!!!
Debbie

I am so glad you had a great time on the Ireland trip!! Now that we have both done the Ireland and Italy trip, do you have a favorite? What were the highlights of the Ireland trip for you? You can go to Germany next with all your Italy friends!!!!!
Debbie

Hi Debbie! No, I don't have a favorite between these two. I thought for sure I would like Italy so much more but that doesn't happen to be the case.
They were both so different but both great: Italy with spouse, Ireland with daughter; Italy for the wine, Ireland for the Guinness. Both groups of travelers were great and I think similar because they were both adult only tours. Both countries have beautiful countrysides. The highlight of the Ireland trip for me was the whole Killarney experience.

I would love to join you all in Germany but unfortunately my wallet is a little thin now for fun things! ;)

What a great trip report! :thumbsup2 I really enjoyed reading it. It makes me want to go to Ireland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter