Irisbud's PJ & Wedding TR: 1/22/09: NOW COMPLETE! 3/26/2009

Day 8, Part 2

We figured that it must be approaching lunchtime (neither of us had a watch of any sort), so we wandered over to get some lunch. There was a large spread of BBQ out along with all kinds of sides, yummy fresh fruit, ice cream, and other desserts. We ate our lunch watching some birds that looked like miniature pigeons fighting over the crumbs and discussing how nice the weather was.

After lunch, we thought we would walk down a nearby trail that claimed to be a scenic nature trail. This wasn’t the best idea that we had all day, as the trail was fairly long and there wasn’t much nature involved. When we reached the end, we were at a lookout point where we could stand out and view the ocean. It was pretty and I was glad we did it, but I think we will rent a bike next time!

Along the Trail:
CIMG2436.jpg

CIMG2435.jpg

CIMG2418.jpg

CIMG2437.jpg

Lookout:
CIMG2421.jpg

CIMG2422.jpg

CIMG2423.jpg

CIMG2429.jpg

Once we finished taking some pictures, I got some water while DH decided to wander off into an area that was supposed to be off limits, leaving me torn between amusement and anxiety. Finally he came back and we made our way back to the beach and back into the water, which seemed even colder than I remembered.

We resumed our hunt for sea creatures. DH found a giant starfish that was more than a foot across, but we were really far out and I didn’t have my camera so we didn’t get a picture. DH walked all the way out to the buoys, and still had his head above water!

After a while, we headed back to our chairs again and just relaxed for a while, soaking in the warm sun and listening to the waves lap against the shore. It was so nice and peaceful there, different from any other beach I had ever been to.

CIMG2413.jpg

CIMG2414.jpg

Finally, we decided to head back to the ship. I tried to use the bathroom, but found they had already been cleaned and shutdown at three thirty, making it a long tram ride back to the family beach. When we got off, we looked around at everything offered in this area. It was really nice too. We had thought about renting snorkel equipment, but we saw so much at Serenity Bay it didn’t seem necessary. I wouldn’t be opposed to doing it if we went back though.

On the way out, we stopped at one of the stores to get some souvenirs, even though we generally aren’t too big on those, we felt that this was a special trip for us and we should commemorate it. I purchased a Castaway Cay hat and DH got another pin.

When we left the shop, the tram was just pulling away, so I decided to walk and take some pictures of the Black Pearl, which is docked at Castaway. DH waited for the next tram, and we met up at the end of the route.

CIMG2395.jpg

CIMG2393.jpg

CIMG2398.jpg

CIMG2439.jpg

They had both gangways open to get back on the ship, but the lines were still long. It moved fairly quickly though, and we headed back to the room to get showers so that my hair would have time to dry before dinner. It was funny, but I could feel the ship moving the very most whenever I was in the shower. This time was no exception. I knew we must have left the port when everything around me seemed to start swaying. Once I would step out of the shower, I would be fine again!

We decided to skip seeing Bolt in 3D as we had already seen it in theaters and instead went to watch Bed Time Stories in the movie theater, which was pretty good. When it was over, we got dressed for dinner, which would be in Triton’s again for Pirate night.

I expected that we would be alone this evening as the couple we had been dining with had made Palo reservations and the other couple hadn’t yet shown up. Right after we settled in, though, they arrived and we really hit it off! I only wished they had been there the previous two nights!

We made it through dinner, and our server brought out a cake for DH and I congratulating us on our wedding. Everyone at the table had a piece (along with regular dessert).

At this point, it was almost time for the fireworks. We ran back to our stateroom to get a sweater and the video camera (which was, unfortunately out of batteries). When we got back on deck ten, we watched the fireworks with our new found tablemates before heading back to the room.

DH and I decided that we would go down to Wavebands to have a drink and watch other people make fools of themselves doing karaoke before heading to bed. We spent about an hour watching the show, which was really pretty funny, then headed to bed, planning to sleep late the next morning.

Carpet in Route 66 Area:
CIMG2180.jpg

All in all, we had a really great, pretty well perfect day that day, one of the best days I have ever had. Castaway Cay was so beautiful and relaxing, and we had so much fun out looking for shells and such in the water, we met a great couple at dinner, and the fireworks off the ship and over the ocean were really incredible to see. We had been hesitant about doing the cruise, but for me that day solidified that it was totally worthwhile!

YAY! Next installment!
The plane picture and ship are awesome, I wish I was there!!

How have I missed all of this?!

I've just read your pj and caught up on tr - I love it! Did your husband have any more "interesting" dreams during your honeymoon?

How have I missed all of this?!

I've just read your pj and caught up on tr - I love it! Did your husband have any more "interesting" dreams during your honeymoon?

Thanks for reading! Not that I'm aware of, thank goodness :rolleyes:

The next day we slept in fairly late. It was our at sea day, and never having been on a cruise before, I had mentally equated this with boredom and lounging, as I was fairly certain there would likely be little else to do.

Once I was up and moving, I looked at the personal navigator again, having been in no shape to do so the night before. I was surprised to find that I had already missed out on something I would have liked to have done!

I planned out the day while DH finished getting ready, and we headed back to Beach Blanket. I chose the right hand line this time, and my nice red strawberries and gobs of whipped cream were back so my waffles could be topped appropriately. We found a nice table out in the sun and enjoyed looking out and seeing nothing but water surrounding the ship. It was interesting to see this through the portholes inside of the ship. Our seas were really calm (4 ft) and it was clear out, so it reminded me of a movie set.

All you could see in any direction:
CIMG2105.jpg

All I have from this day are random ship pictures:
CIMG2139.jpg

CIMG2138.jpg

After breakfast we headed down to play pin trading Bingo. I think this was somewhat of a misnomer, as there was no pin trading going on, and nothing to facilitate such trading. We stayed to play anyway, though the cut the session to two games rather than four for lack of participants. We managed to win nothing, but they did mention the big jackpot Bingo that afternoon, which DH was interested in.

I believe that after finishing Bingo we went to the DVC presentation in order to enter the drawing to win a $400 shipboard credit. We listened to the spiel, and to my surprise DH was actually interested. :goodvibes We talked it over, but decided to wait to do anything until we were back at WDW and could actually take a look at the models. I wish we would have found the little lounge we were in, Diversions, earlier in the cruise. There were tons of board games and such for people to play and it may have made for a fun afternoon or evening.

After the DVC presentation, we headed up to lunch at Beach Blanket. I had tried to get Palo Brunch reservations because we do love a good brunch, but they were all gone at our booking window and I never thought about it again. The buffet was really good, though, and since there were still cheese cubes and desserts we were happy. :woohoo: :laughing:

More random pictures:
CIMG2166.jpg

CIMG2164.jpg

CIMG2165.jpg

After lunch, we decided to do a tour of the galley. I love all of the behind the scenes things, so I thought this would be fascinating. I only wish that I had brought my camera along, as we were allowed to take pictures in the kitchen! The whole kitchen area was really neat, everything stainless steel, and the discussion of the business end of it really made you have a greater appreciation of what it takes to run the ship. The chocolate chip cookies weren’t bad either! :rolleyes1

Our tour guide was a little long winded, so DH was worried about missing the big Bingo game. My interest was somewhere less than none, so I decided that my time would be better spent napping for an hour. We made plans to meet up again for trivia about an hour and a half later.

I went back to the room, set my alarm, and fell asleep watching the classic Disney movies on TV. Though the TV selection left much to be desired for DH, I was actually happy enough to watch the animated movies. I miss them! :cutie:

My nap flew by, and I staggered sleepily down to trivia. Dh and I missed the first couple questions as they apparently started early, but they let us join in anyway. We lost by one question (DH should have listened to me) :rolleyes1 . Too bad, because we would have won, as we guessed the answer to the tie breaker. :sad2:

In the elevator:
CIMG2173.jpg

And outside:
CIMG2171.jpg

We still had a while until dinner so we headed up to get some soda and ice cream and then watch some TV before getting ready. I also went down to settle our account and figure out our tips. Between our shipboard credits and our gift cards we ended up owing nothing. We even had $2.88 left on one gift card… :thumbsup2

I told DH I really wanted to see the Disney Dreams show, so we dressed for dinner before heading to the theater. I enjoyed the show. popcorn:: I think DH did as well, though I got the feeling that the magic of Disney was beginning to disgust him a little at this point. :rolleyes:

After the show, we headed to Animator’s Pallet for our final rotation. I was really excited to see the dining room change. I hadn’t even seen the inside, except during our safety drill on the first day. :3dglasses

We sat down, and both couples joined us for dinner that evening. We had a really enjoyable dinner, and the color change was fabulously done! I had a great time! We were told to be back in the same place the next morning at our designated time, and we all agreed we would be there to exchange information. :goodvibes

After dinner, we headed back to our room to pack. Once again, I dumped most everything out and sorted, trying to make our luggage as streamlined as possible. This time, I ended up with only two bags left for use after returning to WDW: one suitcase was full of things we wouldn’t likely need again, and one was overflowing with dirty clothes. I kept our backpack we used in the parks and our carryon with us, putting the purple Minnie luggage tag on our backpack so we would know where to look at the port the next morning. :teacher:

Unfortunately, I realized after I had placed our luggage in the hall that I had placed our customs allowance worksheet (not filled out) and our slip showing our breakfast time in our suitcases. I hoped this wouldn’t cause a problem the next day! :scared:

I took a shower and we settled in and watched the Lion King before going to sleep, as we had to be up extra early the next day to disembark and head back to WDW for three more nights! :dance3:

Day 10, Part 1

The next morning was an early one. We couldn’t remember exactly what time our breakfast was scheduled for, but I knew that it was some hour of the morning that I had seen way too many times on this trip. Always for a good reason, but still…

We weren’t up and moving for too long before the announcements over the loudspeaker started. For the first time since our first afternoon aboard, they were piping them straight into the rooms as well. I suppose this is to wake up any stragglers or anyone whose alarm failed them for some reason or another. I kept waiting for them to mention a time for breakfast, either on the TV or over the speaker but they never did, leaving us to guess. :headache: They did tell everyone to stop smoking, though, warning that the ship could blow up if they didn’t, as it was being refueled. We looked out over our veranda railing to see the tanker, and hoped that our neighbors had been listening… :scared1:

Finally, we decided it should be about time for breakfast. We made a final check of our stateroom, grabbed our leftover luggage, and headed down to Animator’s Pallet, being directed around a protein spill in the hallway. :scared: The line was backed up with people waiting for breakfast, so we assumed we had guessed the time correctly.

We got our handiwipe as usual and then headed back to our table from the evening before. Our server took our carryon and put it in the back of the room so that it wouldn’t be underfoot and took our order. The couple we really liked, J&A, showed up and we exchanged some pictures and information with them, and made plans to meet them at Downtown Disney for dinner the next evening, as they were heading for WDW as well. :cheer2:

A got up from the table to give the head server his tip, and J told us that he would be texting us and telling us when to meet them. He asked if we would actually be available the next morning instead, as he had plans to have a vow renewal done at DTD as a surprise for A! :cloud9: We readily agreed, but of course said nothing to A, and told them we would see them the next evening when we separated to find our luggage.

We picked out our things and got in the customs line, only to find that we still did need to fill out the customs form even though we hadn’t purchased anything. We got off to the side where there were some blanks and filled it out, then were allowed to step back in line. Getting through customs took maybe ten minutes, including getting our luggage, filling out our form, being (not) inspected, and heading out the door. :thumbsup2

Once we were off the ship, we headed over to the resort transfer busses. They took our luggage and stored it underneath and we waited for what seemed like an eternity. We were the very last bus to leave the terminal!

Waiting…
CIMG2442.jpg

Still waiting…
CIMG2443.jpg

At last we were on our way back, kicked of by another rendition of “Hello everyone and welcome aboard! We’re on our way…”. I fell asleep at some point, while DH stayed awake and watched the old cartoons that followed the informational video. popcorn::

We passed through OKW and SSR. We were the last stop at the CR. This was our first time staying at the CR, and would complete our tour of all of the monorail (and all of the MK) resorts.

When we arrived, we were checked in quickly and efficiently. We were staying in the garden wing in a SV, though the CM checking us in told us that we had received a room with a king bed. Our room wasn’t ready yet, so we left our luggage with bell services and headed up to the monorail to head for MK.

We were still working on the cruise schedule of eating a lot all of the time though, and we were hungry. :woohoo: We decided to make a quick stop at the GF Café for lunch. It was about 11:30 at this point, but we were able to walk right in. We really like this restaurant. It is decorated very nicely and is really relaxing. They have really good food for lunch. I actually wanted to do a luncheon after our wedding here, but they couldn’t accommodate us within the time frame we needed. We had a nice lunch and our server was great.

GF
CIMG2612.jpg

We heard several people mentioning rain, but the sky was blue and had white clouds when we boarded the monorail and headed to MK.

Nice Blue Sky:
CIMG2608.jpg

We decided to do Space Mountain one more time before the refurb. We didn’t like it the last time we rode it on the right side so we tried the left queue. We still didn’t like it. It is just so jerky! :sick:

After leaving SM, we jumped on the TTA, one of our favorites. It is so nice to just sit and relax on here and listen to the sounds of the park. The sky was starting to cloud over a little at this point, but I still felt no need for alarm.

Clouds are coming:
CIMG2447.jpg

This was DHs third trip to WDW, and somehow up until this point it had never once rained while he was there. As we walked deeper into Fantasyland, the clouds got darker and the rain seemed imminent. I told him if it started pouring, he would get to watch people scatter!

Getting darker:
CIMG2445.jpg

CIMG2446.jpg

We decided to go on IaSW as the line was almost nonexistent. I wanted to try more of the Fantasyland rides, but the lines were fairly long and we didn’t want to wait so this would have to do.

Thankfully, we didn’t get stuck on IaSW. When we came out, it was pouring buckets and I grabbed the ponchos out of our bag. As soon as we got them on, the rain let up. We wore them anyway as the sky still looked overcast and we jumped on the carousel.

After our ride, it was pouring again. It kept doing this off and on for the rest of the afternoon. We headed over to Main Street to find a spot to watch the new afternoon parade, but it was still fairly early for that. We gave up our good spot and decided to find somewhere in Frontierland to watch from. DH got us a frozen lemonade and we waited for quite a while still. I got hot under the poncho and peeled it off, though the rain was still coming in fits and spurts. :umbrella:

Finally at about 3:15 the parade started. I have to say I was a little disappointed in this. I loved the last afternoon parade and this one just didn’t do it for me. I think I would like to give it another chance though as it was still raining and that may have put a damper (no pun intended) on many of the elements. :guilty:

After we finished with the parade, we headed over to Splash where there was no wait and rode. I managed to avoid the big spray from the logs at the beginning and ended up no wetter than I had been from the rain. We hopped off and did a turn on BTMRR, which also had no wait, then headed back to Splash again.

This time, I got a little wetter. There was an older man in the seat behind us, and when we go to the top of the big drop he yelled out “Holy $***” before we went over! :rotfl2:

When we made it back to the beginning, the operator asked if we would like to ride again, as, according to him, we couldn’t get any wetter. Well, we took him up on the offer, but it turns out that he was wrong. I got wetter. A lot wetter. The big splash in the beginning got me full on, and I was drenched. Then the rain was coming down again after the big drop and before you head back into the building.

I decided I was wet enough and we should head back to the CR so I could get a shower and get cleaned up before our dinner at Shula’s. DH stopped to pin trade on the way out, taking pins from my lanyard to trade with as he liked all of his, then we jumped on the monorail. DH called the number we had been given and we got our room information. We picked up our bags and headed to the Garden Wing, rode up a smelly elevator, walked for quite a distance, and opened our door to find that our room reeked of smoke…. :mad:

Day 10, Part 2
Our room absolutely reeked of smoke, and smoke doesn’t agree with me. It gives me migraines especially if I am feeling a little nasty already. I wasn’t right then, but it certainly wasn’t out of the realm of possibility. So with that in mind I headed down to the concierge to see what could be done about the smell.

Our room (you can’t see the smell):
Closet Area:
CIMG2622.jpg

Drapes:
CIMG2626.jpg

Drapes Open:
CIMG2629.jpg

Chair near Bed:
CIMG2614.jpg

Daybed:
CIMG2616.jpg

TV:
CIMG2618.jpg

CIMG2620.jpg

Bed:
CIMG2615.jpg

Desk Area:
CIMG2613.jpg

Assorted Knickknacks:
CIMG2621.jpg

I got up to the concierge desk and the gentleman working there was somewhat less than magical. I told him the problem, and he asked me “Well, if smoke bothers you why didn’t you request a non-smoking room?” Maybe because the whole hotel is supposed to be non-smoking?!?!? :confused3 :sad2: :mad:

I then asked if we could move rooms. He said no, there was nothing available at all except for maybe another room in the Garden Wing that had two queens. He said it was in the far end of the garden wing, on the third floor, and was the very last room. He would have to check to see if it was still available even and it wouldn’t be ready yet. The other option was to have them reclean the room. :headache:

I didn’t see how recelaning was going to help, but the other room didn’t sound too promising either. Besides, I really needed to have a room then (why the alternative room wasn’t ready at almost 5:00 I don’t know) so I could get ready for our dinner, as I looked like a drowned rat. I told him so and he shrugged, telling me to call housekeeping when we left. I asked to talk to a supervisor and he told me there were none available. :mad:

I went back to the room (which still smelled horrible) and got ready for dinner. When we were about to leave, DH called housekeeping and asked them to send someone up, which resulted in some confusion but was finally straightened out. Not hoping for much, we left and jumped on the monorail to the MK, then headed for the bus stops to get a bus for the Dolphin. The bus we needed was just about to pull away, but the driver kindly waited for us as we came running up the queue area. :yay:

When we got to the Dolphin we had a little bit of trouble finding Shula’s. DH stopped in a store and asked for directions and we made it just in time for our reservation. We were seated a few minutes later in a back room. There were only three other parties in the room: another small table, and two large tables one of which was extremely loud :headache: . We looked over the menu and I literally screamed to DH (talking would have never been heard over the din) that we needed to ask to move. The server was very understanding and put us in a much quieter room. :goodvibes

We had a really nice dinner. Shula’s is great, a little pricy maybe, but not too much worse than a lot of other really good steakhouses. DH had a steak of some kind, and I had crab cakes as I just wasn’t interested in meat that evening for some reason. We shared some side dishes and a crème brulee that was probably the best one I’ve ever had. The only odd thing was the iced tea. They serve it from bottles like you would buy at the gas station and leave the bottles on the table for you. It just seemed out of place for the price and the atmosphere. :confused3

After dinner we headed out to the bus stop which was deserted. We decided we would take the first bus that showed up and find our way from wherever it was going. About thirty minutes later, a bus to DTD came and we hopped on board. We got on a bus to the CR from there and headed back.

We rode up the smelly elevator to our room again and I staggered down the hall (I had blisters that were killing my feet) expecting the worst. When I opened the door it actually smelled a lot better. There wasn’t much of the smoke smell left, and I told DH I would try it for the evening, and if it was unacceptable we could ask to move in the morning. I set the alarm before going to sleep as J had texted us to meet them at the main stage in DTD at 10:30 the next morning! :cheer2:

I would like to take the time to disscuse our dinner companions on the cruise.Let me start by saying we really worried about who we would be seated with for months,as we had read many reports on this site about horrifying table manners, and I am really disgusted by lip smacking , open mouth chewing and general disgusting eating habits. :scared:

Our first night at dinner we were the first to arrive and it was a while before the next couple (not J&A) showed. When they arrived they seemed very nice they were in there early 20's for your referance she looked just like Courtney Love and not during the good years and he reminded me of the goat guy from Narnia. We started with a little idle chit chat to try to get to know one another,as the food arrived we really got an insight to are table mates. Goat boy (GB) recieved his appertizer and proceded to waft the smell to his nose with his hands over and over ,and breathing in deeply and saying ah!! every time. Once he finally took a bite he exclamed "spectacular" which was repeated with every course of every meal every day the rest of the cruise,and now we use at almost all meals just another way Disney makes memory's that last a lifetime. :rotfl2:

I forgot to mention that in talking to GB &CL that GB worked at a liquor store .Early on in our first night GB asked if we would like to share a bottle of wine, we declined because we are not big wine drinkers. So he ordered a bottle for CL to have with dinner when Mahalo our waiter brought the wine GB took his sip and did all the swishing ,gargling,ect. what ever he has ever seen on the food channel :happytv: and you guessed it "spectacular" . To make along story short the waiter brought the ticket for GB to sign and he gasped when he saw that he ordered a $80 bottle of wine. He decided CL could have one glass a night and had the waiter hold the bottle for each nights service , and on the last nights service Amy heard CL say to GB we had better take the wine bottle home it may be worth something.:confused:
All was not bad on the third night our other couple finally showed for dinner and we really got along great with them there will be much more on them soon.

Hey Amy loving day 3 (and your husbands comments - they have scared me - what if the people we are sat with think were like that!:lmao: )

On a non honeymmon related quesion - do you upgrade you chairs for your wedding ceremony? Are those the folding wooden chairs or did they come as standard? Thank you - and sorry for interupting!:)

Hey Amy loving day 3 (and your husbands comments - they have scared me - what if the people we are sat with think were like that!:lmao: )

On a non honeymmon related quesion - do you upgrade you chairs for your wedding ceremony? Are those the folding wooden chairs or did they come as standard? Thank you - and sorry for interupting!:)

Don't worry they were um, special :laughing:

The chairs were what came standard with our package. I though about doing the wooden ones but didn't want to spend the money. I never even noticed them that day to tell you the truth :cloud9:

Hi. I'm new to the DIS boards and I have to say that they are totally addicting. I just spent the last couple hours reading your wedding trip report. You were a beautiful bride and I love reading about your wedding. The cruise looked like so much fun! :)

Hi. I'm new to the DIS boards and I have to say that they are totally addicting. I just spent the last couple hours reading your wedding trip report. You were a beautiful bride and I love reading about your wedding. The cruise looked like so much fun! :)

:goodvibes Thank you so much! and Welcome to the Boards! :welcome:

I love all your shots from Castaway Cay; that was our favorite part of the cruise! I highly recommend snorkeling on the family beach if you ever make it back; it was so much fun swimming out to find the sunken Mickey ::MickeyMo Our cruise didn't have a day at sea, so I was curious to hear about one. I too would have been nervous about being bored. It sounds like you had a great day though :thumbsup2

That is terrible about your room at CR. I can't believe he said the comment about asking for a NS room :headache:

We just tried GF Cafe on our last trip and you're right it was fantastic. We went at lunch and I really enjoyed everything that we had there. I'm definitely going to add it to our list of places that we enjoy eating at WDW.

I love DH's comments about your table mates. The wine story reminds me of the movie "Sideways" which was extremely boring to both DH and I too since we're not really drinkers either.

wow! your pics are just beautiful from castaway cay!

We loved it there! It was so beautiful in person too! :cloud9:

I love all your shots from Castaway Cay; that was our favorite part of the cruise! I highly recommend snorkeling on the family beach if you ever make it back; it was so much fun swimming out to find the sunken Mickey ::MickeyMo Our cruise didn't have a day at sea, so I was curious to hear about one. I too would have been nervous about being bored. It sounds like you had a great day though :thumbsup2

That is terrible about your room at CR. I can't believe he said the comment about asking for a NS room :headache:

We just tried GF Cafe on our last trip and you're right it was fantastic. We went at lunch and I really enjoyed everything that we had there. I'm definitely going to add it to our list of places that we enjoy eating at WDW.

I love DH's comments about your table mates. The wine story reminds me of the movie "Sideways" which was extremely boring to both DH and I too since we're not really drinkers either.

I'd like to go back and do the snorkeling sometime. It's amazing how quickly the time went! GFC is nice and usually easy to get a table at. I think it's nice for when you are near MK as well. As for GB & CL :rolleyes: :laughing: I was trying to just skim over them, but they were unforgettable ;)

Day 11, part 1

Note: I don't have any pictures for the first installment, sorry. This day is going to end up having 3-4 parts so bear with me...

We woke up with the alarm the next morning. The first thing that I did was sit up and start sniffing for the horrible smoke smell. Thankfully, I seemed to have either gotten used to it or it had dissipated because though there was a hint of it, it was not nearly as overpowering as it had been before.

After I got ready and while I was waiting for DH, I pulled out my Passporter and started looking through the map of DTD, trying to figure out where exactly the “main stage” was. :scratchin I found a good candidate near the World of Disney Store, but, as usual, I was doubting myself. DH and I aren’t exceedingly familiar with DTD, and though the only giant stage on the map seemed to be the best option I didn’t want to be wrong. :rolleyes1

We headed towards the lobby to find breakfast and were sorely disappointed. We looked at the menu for the Wave but it looked a little gross to us :crazy2: . Chef Mickey’s was out as well, so the only choice was the food court, which looked like it belonged in an airport. When we went to order our food, there were no prices listed for anything leaving us to guess. DH got some sort of hot sandwich and a side and I had a pastry of some kind. We each got drinks and were ripped off for a total of nearly $25! :faint:

Let me say here that I am not generally too appalled by Disney’s food prices. Yes, they are high, but they aren’t too over the top in a lot of places, and there are some locations that I think are fairly well in line. This was absurd, however, and I suppose I was extra grumpy about it because I just wasn’t feeling any love for the Contemporary. :cool: :rolleyes2 :guilty:

After breakfast we went back to the lobby and got a map of DTD. I tried to ask one of the ladies at the concierge desk where the main stage was, but she didn’t know what I was talking about and suggested I ask a bus driver. At this point we decided that the stage we had previously considered HAD to be the Main Stage so we got on the DTD bus and headed for the Marketplace. :car:

It was cold and drizzly that morning. :umbrella: When we got to DTD, the shops weren’t quite open, so we spent some time trying to orient ourselves and watching like vultures for the signs of opening doors so we could head in for warmth :magnify: . Finally, we were able to get inside the Winnie the Pooh Shop, where we spent a few minutes browsing waiting for the Pin Store to open. pooh:

Once they started rolling up the sides on the Pin Store, DH and I headed in to find a wedding pin. There wasn’t as much selection as we thought, but we still managed to find a couple, and DH bought one for me and we got one for A as well as a gift for their vow renewal. :cheer2:

We still had time to kill, so we headed for the crystal store. I was very careful not to touch anything or stand too close to the shelves as either action had the potential to be disastrous. :scared: :tiptoe:

We didn’t want to ruin J’s surprise, so we were trying not to be seen :ssst: . We were worried about heading into WoD, as we thought if A&J were already there, they were most likely to be in WoD. Finally, though, we felt we had pressed our luck enough with the crystal and headed over, figuring it was big enough not be seen. We headed back to the jewelry room and had two links removed from DH’s DFTW watch to make it fit better (I had sent mine home because it was so huge it just fell right off of my hand; now I wish I had kept it with me). :headache:

We poked around in there for a while, and then stepped outside as it got closer to the time. Right on time, we saw A&J heading towards us, and as the preacher walked up to them, I realized I had forgotten my camera like an idiot! I so wish that I had remembered so that I could have captured the priceless look of surprise on A’s face! :goodvibes

Amy Am catching up on your trip report ...More beautiful pictures! and your dining reports with CL and GB had me laughing out loud!!!:rotfl: Sounds like you have also begun a wonderful new friendship with A&J...how very nice...Our best friends are a couple that we met on our honeymoon a very long time ago(we live about 2 hours away from each other but always manage to take the time to get together)...we even had children one day apart...imagine!!

Looking foward to reading the rest of your report...its terrific!!:goodvibes

Amy Am catching up on your trip report ...More beautiful pictures! and your dining reports with CL and GB had me laughing out loud!!!:rotfl: Sounds like you have also begun a wonderful new friendship with A&J...how very nice...Our best friends are a couple that we met on our honeymoon a very long time ago(we live about 2 hours away from each other but always manage to take the time to get together)...we even had children one day apart...imagine!!

Looking foward to reading the rest of your report...its terrific!!:goodvibes

That's wonderful :goodvibes

Thanks for reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter