Is 11 too old for first Disney cruise?

I’m sure this question has been asked a zillion different ways but please bear with me. And blame Covid :)

I planned a 2021 cruise when my daughter would have been 8 thinking it was the last year she would really be in to a Disney cruise.
None of us have cruised with Disney though we’ve done a few trips to DW and DL and had a blast.
However when Covid hit we of course cancelled our cruise (or maybe it cancelled on us) and so realistically fall of 2023 would be the earliest we can book another cruise. That would make our daughter 10…or 11 if we push to end of 2023 or later.
Should we just forget Disney cruise lines and opt for a less expensive cruise experience? Perhaps princess or carnival?
advice would be so welcome and appreciated!

Short answer. No. We are taking our now 16 and 13 YO and they are both extremely excited. They enjoy the kids' clubs and meeting new friends. At these ages, it's less about Disney, per se, and more about being on the ship and enjoying time with kids their own ages.

We just returned from our first Disney cruise. My kids are 14, 16 and 18. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and all for different reasons!
My youngest absolutely loved the Vibe. And hung out there or with his new friends every possible moment.
My middle loved the family games, trivia, etc and my oldest loved the shows!
I say you’re never too old for your first Disney cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter