Is a baby full price on RCCL?

steveyjc81

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong on the RCCL website, but is a 1 yr old baby full price on Royal Caribbean? Pricing a week on the Oasis, and its coming up significantly more expensive than DCL - which is unheard of.

Interesting to hear other peoples thoughts
Steven

The only reduced rates on most cruise lines tend to be for 3rd & 4th (or more) passengers in a cabin. Those rates usual aren't different based on age. We sailed RCCL with DD when she was 2 and paid the full 3rd person rate. I've heard of many offering kids sail free at certain times.

Thanks for the reply. I would really struggle to pay full price for a baby. Perhaps it evens itself out with the calculation over other cruise lines, but looks bad on paper!

The reasons a baby/toddler/child cost is because they count as an actual occupant. They can only have for example 3,954 passengers, no matter how old or young every counts as an occupant. They would be discounted if you the baby was 3/4th occupant

1st two people will pay full price, regardless of age. persons #3 and up will pay less. sometimes a lot less, sometimes not and sometimes they pay the same as the 1st two. very rarely does Royal offer KSF or KS half off promos.

On Royal Caribbean, the rate for 3rd and 4th passengers are the same regardless of age. It is one rate for passengers 1 and 2 and a discounted rate for additional passengers.

This is NOT the case on Disney. While they have one rate for the 1st/2nd passengers, the rate for additional passengers is age dependent and children less than 3 are heavily discounted (even when compared to a child that is a 3rd passenger.

For example, I just pulled up a random cruise on Disney's site:
Guest 1: $1757
Guest 2: $1757
Guest 3: $945 (age 5)
Guest 4: $577 (age 1)

So No, Royal Caribbean does not discount for babies, but Disney does. Royal Caribbean's policy is more of the norm for the industry. This makes Disney a great value for families with kids less than 3.

Cruises don't let you bring on babies for free. Fare for the first and second passengers are generally the same regardless of the age of the passengers. Rate for additional passengers beyond the first 2 will be lower, but it may be reduced for age or it may not, depending on which cruise line. As noted, Disney does reduce the rate for children under age 3 when they are not one of the first two passengers.

It may look bad on paper, but cruise ships are not the same as land accommodations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter