• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is anyone cancelling a WDW trip or moving it up because of the early SWGE opening?

SWGE, to go or not to go during the opening month!?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess2R

Mouseketeer
how bad will the september crowds be?

I am considering cancelling a trip or moving it up to before opening day since our trip it planned for the first week! yikes!

How bad do you think it/ the other parks will get? Are we talking half an hour bathroom lines?!?

I don't know, but I'm thinking it will not have that bad of an impact on parks other than HS. I would not cancel, but if you can move your trip up some then maybe do that if you really want to avoid SWGE opening.

I think it will affect other parks.

Die hates my only go to see star wars but most people will plan the other parks too. I have a feeling it will effect crowds but no way to know for sure.

We overlap with the opening, I’m leaving it, and hoping it’s not to crazy we will be avoiding HS on opening day, but will be there the day before.

I’m trying to decide what to do about my Ovt 26- Nov 1 trip and I have zero ideas

I'm SO BUMMED. I will 100% be cancelling. I don't know if rescheduling will be possible, but I'll see.

No way I can change my Oct 5 - 10 trip at this point. We were there for Christmas 2017 and thought it was fine so I guess as long as we keep expectations in check and enjoy ourselves at F&W each night then all is well.

We booked Labor Day week so we could avoid crowds :headache: Not sure what to do now.
Yep. We check in August 30th. Was not expecting this at all. Fortunately it will be our 5th trip of the year so I may just cancel. I really don't know yet.

I'm there 10/25-11/3. Not moving the trip. If I don't get to see SWGE on that trip not the end of the world since I will have visited at DLR several times by then, my goal would be to ride MMRR if it's open on that trip since we won't have it yet at DLR, though we are should be getting it with a likely announcement at D23.

If I hadn't booked my plane tickets I would have seriously reconsidered our trip. We choose September for the lower crowds. Some say the lines would only be at HS but that makes no sense; when the park hit capacity the people have to go somewhere. They may even get staff off certain attractions to handle the lines at HS. I really regret booking for this year...

We'll be there the last week in September. If I hadn’t already booked my airfare I would cancel. So much planning I’ve been doing for months and now I have to move everything around. Today is not a good day. (first world problems, I know, I know lol)

We will be there at the end of September with 3 kids under 6.. I guess it will be crowded for the weekend, but I hope the others parks are gonna be ok the rest of the time. No HS for us this time!

We booked first week of Sept for the FW festival and to avoid the late fall opening of SWGE. Disappointed to be there right after opening, We'll make the best of the situation since it's too late to change our plans.

We're there Aug 23-Sept 1. We've gone this same week every year for the past decade (our kids in NY don't start school til after Labor Day), and did the free dining offer this year at YC. I'm simultaneously psyched that we'll be there for the opening (we were bummed initially that it wouldn't be open yet) and worried that our annual "calm"/off-peak week will be disrupted. Hoping at least our first few days will be chill. The past couple of years have been busier than usual over Labor Day because of Food and Wine. And now I'm wondering if that's why the F&W dates haven't been announced yet - maybe they don't want too much going on at once that weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter