Is anyone else apprehensive about booking airfare?

Mark P.

DIS Veteran
With all the bankruptcy filings of major airlines to 'restructure', is anyone else worried that they'll actually have a seat on a plane when it's trip time?

Would it be safer to go with a 'smaller' airline, like Spirit or Airtrans? Haven't heard much money trouble with them (yet)...

Mark, I'm not apprehensive because the major airlines always seem to accommodate the travelers in one way or another. Maye I'm just naive, or perhaps hopeful!

I'm a little worried, but there aren't too many options out of our airport. I have no control over it, so I just hope for the best.:D

I don't know if this is still true, but awhile ago I read that Southwest was the airline in the best shape financially.
Are you signed up for Fairwatcher with Travelocity? I have found that works great for me.
We were able to squeeze in an extra WDW (3 day weekend) trip in October because I only paid $138 (total) RT per person from Omaha to MCO.
With your trip in May, I would probably hold off, unless I just saw a real sweet deal that wasn't United or US Air.
But it is all a gamble really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter