• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is anyone staying at the PBH anymore?

IOAdude

Stress Free: Yeah Right!!
All I see are posts about people staying at the HRH! Is aaaaaaanyone staying at the PBH??:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :jester: :jester: :jester: :smooth: :smooth: :confused: :confused:

I stayed at the PBH in April and May (only one night each time though ...)

For my upcoming trip (5 nights at the HRH), the reasons I chose the HRH are:

1) More convenient (particularly the parking lot if we want to go off site for lunch or something) to the parks
2) The pool at the HRH is slightly nicer than the Beach Pool at the PBH, and in particular I wanted to play some volleyball and possibly even rent a Cabana (the cabanas at the PBH are at the Villa Pool, not the Beach Pool).

The PBH has the nicer and bigger rooms than the HRH, and with the HRH so full, you can often get in the PBH for the same or even less than the HRH, and in that case it's an easy choice (which is why my last two trips were at the PBH).

Beckles,

Could you please tell me what rates you paid at PBH your last two visits?

I would love to stay there again, but figured it was out of my league compared to rates at HRH.

Thanks for any help.

I think I paid $185 and $200, which was cheaper than anything at the HRH at the time ... (sold out or only Club rooms available ...). If you get the right time, you can get even lower than that (Entertainment or Fan Club or AAA or Season Pass holder or something :))

Oh yeah, they also have Florida Resident discounts that it looks like you'd be eligible for :)

I like the HRH for two things: they're closer to the parks and the rooms tend to be cheaper. The PBH is beautiful and is more photogenic, but it's a long walk to the PBH. The boats do help your feet.

We booked our vacation directly with portofino bay so we could elimiate the middle man (woman). We were extremely surprised when they told us that we could get a BAYVIEW room for $199.00/night without the loews first card!!! Usually we book through southwest airline vactions because we always fly them (hint: if you really want to save a lot of money voulenteer to get bumped off of the flight. What I mean is that if the flight is overbooked and they have to kick people off of the plane, if you voulenteer, they will give up your seat for another person, pay for your hotel stay until the next flight, pay for phone calls you make to family to tell them where you are, give you a free shuttle to the hotel, and sometimes give you free food. Also they "compensate" you. We got a $572.00 voucher and used that voucher to fly FREE for 3 people, round trip, to orlando MCO!!). If we would have booked through southwest airlines we would have nevere gotten that deal for portofino bay.

P.S.: Barry, I can't wait until you post those photos!!

We're staying at PBH in August. Got an Entertainment rate of $169 (or somewhere thereabouts). I thought about HRH but opted for PBH due to rave reviews.

I just love PBH! Love it, love it, love it. However, we are going to Universal for 1 week and staying at the HRH because my ds's begged to stay there. I whined for awhile and then relented and gave in. (DH says he promises we will go back in Feb. for a long w/e at PBH).

Note to self: whining does payoff! (Don't let the kids know) LOL

We stayed at the PBH in december and loved it!. We found it nicer than the beach club at wdw and would highly reccoment it to anybody!

We have stayed at PBH 4 times since opening, we love it. Trip number five coming up!

Originally posted by fboy9287
barry the photo company must love you...

Actually, the people at the Target photo lab know me by name. It's scary. I tried Wal-Mart once. They lost my photos and never did anything to find or resolve it. I spit on their counter! :p

Anyway, the photos will be up soon. :)

PBH is beautiful and QUIET which is what we need after a day at the parks! BTW: I've paid $159 the last 2 stays for reg and pool view (free upgrade) rooms, AP rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter