• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is clothing required on your verandah?

There always has to be one who gets over the top offended! :rolleyes1

Three words: watch your kids. If your children are throwing themselves over the balcony edge, or leaning far enough over to look up and see anyone, you aren't doing your duty as their parent and their ACTUAL physical wellbeing is at risk come that point. Calling the Disney Police on someone expecting reasonable privacy because your children were behaving in an unreasonable manner is just sad.

PS: this opinion is brought to you by a (very proud) Verandah Club member. :tongue:

What is so wrong with looking over the balcony edge? We all leaned our heads out a bit to see castaway cay on the approach to the island that morning. It was beautiful, but we definitely had a pretty good view of the verandahs down the side of the ship on our deck as well. Nobody was in danger of falling over. Another time when we were docket at CC on the starboard side we saw an AMAZING giant sea turtle down below in the water. We watched him for a good amount of time. Again, we just stood by the railing and looked down.

What is so wrong with looking over the balcony edge? We all leaned our heads out a bit to see castaway cay on the approach to the island that morning. It was beautiful, but we definitely had a pretty good view of the verandahs down the side of the ship on our deck as well. Nobody was in danger of falling over. Another time when we were docket at CC on the starboard side we saw an AMAZING giant sea turtle down below in the water. We watched him for a good amount of time. Again, we just stood by the railing and looked down.

Considering anyone would have to physically force themselves over and around the barrier conveniently blocking the view of the staterooms next to you, your logic doesn't apply.

Looking down is one thing.
Physically craning your body over the railing AND peering into someone else's balcony is an invasion of privacy. At that point, you get the view you deserve - including a full moon.

Physically craning your body over the railing AND peering into someone else's balcony is an invasion of privacy.

Just standing at the railing and looking down at the water or the pier, there were several verandahs in clear view. Same for looking back when we were leaving port. They're just there in plain view, there's no real privacy to violate.

Just standing at the railing and looking down at the water or the pier, there were several verandahs in clear view. Same for looking back when we were leaving port. They're just there in plain view, there's no real privacy to violate.

That's interesting... were you sailing on a Disney cruise ship? Because unless you're looking down on an extended balcony, you can't see into someone else's deck beside you, nor down onto a deck below as - hello - they're all the same dimensions and therefore don't permit easy viewing.

Then again, I'm not someone nosy enough to try. :rolleyes1

That's interesting... were you sailing on a Disney cruise ship? Because unless you're looking down on an extended balcony, you can't see into someone else's deck beside you, nor down onto a deck below as - hello - they're all the same dimensions and therefore don't permit easy viewing.

Then again, I'm not someone nosy enough to try. :rolleyes1

It may have been extended balconies we saw looking down, but we definitely did see some balconies when we were looking down. Also, there was no craning needed to see the balconies on the same deck. Simply sticking our heads out to see the approach of CC allowed us to easily see at least a couple balconies on the same deck in either direction. It's not nosiness; we were looking at the island, but people on other balconies were in plain view in our line of sight.

It may have been extended balconies we saw, but we definitely did see some balconies when we were looking down. Also, there was no craning needed to see the balconies on the same deck. Simply sticking our heads out to see the approach of CC allowed us to easily see at least a couple balconies on the same deck in either direction. It's not nosiness; we were looking at the island, but people on other balconies were in plain view in our line of sight.

Having just recently sailed on an extended balcony on our last cruise on the Fantasy, I can certainly attest that more balconies are in view from the railing at the end of ours. However, a little bit of courtesy on our part assured we didn't see anyone or anything unnecessary. We also were mindful and chose to keep any activities of ours NOT at the end by the railing.

That said, I would assume you could easily see other people on their balconies as they too were standing at the railing edge to get a good view of CC - however it's physically a strain to lean so far over to see back against others' sliding glass doors. This can be said for most cruise lines.

Having just recently sailed on an extended balcony on our last cruise on the Fantasy, I can certainly attest that more balconies are in view from the railing at the end of ours. However, a little bit of courtesy on our part assured we didn't see anyone or anything unnecessary. We also were mindful and chose to keep any activities of ours NOT at the end by the railing.

That said, I would assume you could easily see other people on their balconies as they too were standing at the railing edge to get a good view of CC - however it's physically a strain to lean so far over to see back against others' sliding glass doors. This can be said for most cruise lines.

Sounds like we are actually saying the same thing. I agree if you were pressed up against the glass doors I doubt anybody could see you, but if you are further forward near the railing, someone might.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter