Is Disney doing anything for May the 4th (be with you)?

We went in 2019 and all they had was special t shirts for sale. We took pics with the characters at launch pad and that was about it. Haven’t heard of them doing anything special at GE.

They still do a lot of specialty merch (more than just t-shirts) and specialty food. (They did all of that last year.) But they don't do specialty "events" or presentations like at Star Wars Days anymore.

Star Wars Days ended in 2015. Truthfully, they were a mini version of Star Wars Celebration that Disney held to fill what was then a dead park. With all of the new additions to the park since then - there's no reason for them to spend money to lure more people in. (DHS is already sold out for May 4th.) Any money spent to make it happen would almost certainly be a loss.

I'd still like to see them convert the Launch Bay area into something that honors the goofier side of Star Wars and the fan side of Star Wars, which is what Star Wars Days did best.

Usually there’s merchandise and perhaps a special Star Wars cupcake or treat for just that day. The last time I was at Disney on May 4th, you needed to be in a virtual queue for the LE merchandise. T-shirts, glasses and a couple other May The 4th merchandise were in a couple stores that didn’t require a virtual queue.

Star Wars Weekends are definitely missed!! And Star Wars Celebration is back after 2 years, in Anaheim over Memorial Day Weekend.

Aren't they doing the hyperspace mountain overlay on space mountain at Disneyland?
OP was asking about DHS - but, yeah, DLR is doing way more Star Wars in May, including Hyperspace Mountain and Star Wars Nite on the 3rd and 4th (and the 27th to coincide with Celebration). Honestly, Star Wars Nite is something I could kinda get behind DHS doing if WDW starts doing After Hours stuff more frequently.

(I'm kinda curious to see how late DLR keeps ROTR open during that event, since ROTR normally closes at 9pm, even when the park is open until midnight. Makes me wonder if they'll open it late the next day, since it seemingly still has a long maintenance schedule.)

OP was asking about DHS - but, yeah, DLR is doing way more Star Wars in May, including Hyperspace Mountain and Star Wars Nite on the 3rd and 4th (and the 27th to coincide with Celebration). Honestly, Star Wars Nite is something I could kinda get behind DHS doing if WDW starts doing After Hours stuff more frequently.

(I'm kinda curious to see how late DLR keeps ROTR open during that event, since ROTR normally closes at 9pm, even when the park is open until midnight. Makes me wonder if they'll open it late the next day, since it seemingly still has a long maintenance schedule.)
I will be at DLR for May 4 Star Wars Night and will report back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter