• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Guardians of the galaxy jerky or smooth?

IMO, it's smoother than 7D. You're also locked in better than most rides, so there's not a lot of room for you to move around, like on Pooh Bear, for example

I'm in the same boat. Trying to make my decision. I usually do fine on smooth rides. I can ride FOP, Remy and SDMT, but not jerky or impact rides like Space Mountain, BTMR, WInnie the Pooh, Kil Safari, Dinosaur, Exp Everest... and, turns out Conga dancing part of Mickey & Minnie Railway isn't fun. Soooooo want to try GOG.

I'm in the same boat. Trying to make my decision. I usually do fine on smooth rides. I can ride FOP, Remy and SDMT, but not jerky or impact rides like Space Mountain, BTMR, WInnie the Pooh, Kil Safari, Dinosaur, Exp Everest... and, turns out Conga dancing part of Mickey & Minnie Railway isn't fun. Soooooo want to try GOG.
You’ll be fine, it’s not jerky at all. Plus it’s over very quickly! I get motion sick on Cinderella’s Carousel and I was fine with Guardians. Definitely try it, it’s so well done.

The backwards part of Expedition Everest gets to me (motion sickness) and I don't feel great after that ride due to that. Is the backwards part of this ride similar meaning giving it a skip would be my best bet?

It's hard to say as each individual is impacted by different motion but the backwards part on EE bothers me much more than the backwards part on GotG. GotG is over much quickly, doesn't fly downhill like EE, and less stops....it starts backwards and then the cars all rotate to forwards pretty quickly. I was worried about GotG but rode it three times last trip with zero issues. EE I love but didn't want to ride a second time.

The backwards part of Expedition Everest gets to me (motion sickness) and I don't feel great after that ride due to that. Is the backwards part of this ride similar meaning giving it a skip would be my best bet?

I cannot handle the backwards part of Everest but had zero issues with it on Guardians. Guardians is like a baby coaster compared to Everest. Also it is smooth as can be - never been on something that soon before

Very smooth, but did get to me. I was nauseous afterward. Reminder me of Forbidden Journey at IoA, if it was a roller coaster. I hope to give it another try in Oct, because it is a fabulous coaster/experience and a great attraction. Super fun!!!

I get motion sickness all of the time.. and I was really nervous about this ride... especially since I rode during a preview. I did take some non-drowsy Dramamine that day.. just to be sure. But I was fine! As everyone has said, its so smooth. I had a blast! I even went and rode it again!

For what it’s worth, my husband can’t handle the backwards part of EE and GOTG did not bother him at all. I love that part of EE and GOTG made me feel woozy the first time we rode it last week. I went back on it two more times and kept my eyes closed and loved it. Screens on rides tend to bother me a little, always have. But I can usually still ride them. Forbidden Journey was a once and done for me, simply because it was such a long ride and was getting to me by the end. So I guess it was the screens combined with the movement that bothered me on GOTG. But my husband was perfectly fine, even kept his eyes open, and he hates the backward part on EE.

Very smooth, but did get to me. I was nauseous afterward. Reminder me of Forbidden Journey at IoA, if it was a roller coaster. I hope to give it another try in Oct, because it is a fabulous coaster/experience and a great attraction. Super fun!!!
You sound similar to me! I can ride the biggest roller coasters with all the loops and hills in the world, but Forbidden Journey got me by the end of the ride. GOTG got me the first time I rode it but I went back on it with my eyes closed two more times and loved it more each time. So maybe try it again with your eyes closed?

I’m with the smooth ride group. I did feel slightly woozy as someone else commented, but it really was a unique and well-done ride. So glad we were able to ride. We went on early one morning and I remember my husband and I commenting that we were glad we held off on breakfast until after the ride! :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter